User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

fruits at sami's fruits, meat NEVER AT MAXI, meat usually at costco we buy some for my birthday and we freeze the rest... there is a "ethnic" (Indian, Latin, Chinese) store near my house were i buy my cous-cous, specialty rice, beans and condiments for the price but also for the variety. don't be afraid of "ethnic" stores, since mostly are family own you can always ask for a recipe at the cash... and an italian store for some cold meat, cheese and olives... the rest at maxi, pharmaprix only on 20X days, and clothing and books at winners.

My favourite store still IGA i think they treat me the best, and the worst would be J.C.

PD: you need patience and knowledge (and time) at samis to inspect any fruit and for you to know the poor girls that have to memorize all the prices and codes are not gonna take the time to salute you... but with those prices i really don't mind (my mother in law does not go because they don't say "hi" to her, but i think she just doesn't really know how to pick her fruits)

Trading Score
    160 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Cher_montreal View Post

PD: you need patience and knowledge (and time) at samis to inspect any fruit and for you to know the poor girls that have to memorize all the prices and codes are not gonna take the time to salute you... but with those prices i really don't mind (my mother in law does not go because they don't say "hi" to her, but i think she just doesn't really know how to pick her fruits)
    But the guy always said "Hi" to the laddy, particularly mommy at Sami Fruit and with a big smile!!!

I think this is just cultural thing and I never have problem like this there. In fact, I was missing the old days at Jean-Talon market, before the renovation to add "specialty food store" and parking under those stores... and when Sami fruit was there. Before that, there was more libanese people there and I was enjoying the spirit of that market... Now I found it less attractive to me.
    Liberty of one finish where liberty of the other one start

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Thank you! This is very useful to me!
    MY ORANGE KEY 16680564S1
    Every time a friend opens a Tangerine Account with $100 or more and uses your Orange Key, you'll both get $25.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Mostly i do my grocery at IGA, but for fruits and veggies we go to Tutti-Frutti or Valmont. They have very good specials for veggies that need to be eaten quickly, within a week. I often buy there peppers, green beans, celeri, mushrooms as they are cheaper then IGA.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

IGA because they always have evrything in stock. My Maxi always has bare shelves.

Trading Score
    211 (100%)

I go to Mayrand for : yeast, creton, pate foi, Hungarian salami and a complete pork leg.
    Costco for : Minced garlic, books. If I need and I can’t find a good deal, Ketchup, mayo, Peanut butter, Shrimps.
    We have a new fruit store in town, the prices are GREAT!

I try to prioritize the rest by reward program
    Pharmaprix: Milk and what ever is a good deal. I do all the 20x
    Metro: Most of my meat (DD’s boyfriend is the butcher) and what is a good deal.

Depending on what I need, see who got the best deals I usually pick at most 2 stores between super c, maxi, IGA, loblaws
    I try to price match at zellers (for now) they are great with my coupons.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I like Sami fruits, although you need patience to go there...!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information