User Tag List

www.thriftykash.com
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Here's my mini brag from my trip to SDM on dec. 31 for the 20x points event. I copy and pasted this from my blog post http://thriftykash.com/?p=31 Thought you guys might like it.

Yesterday was a Shoppers Drug Mart “20x points day”. I looked at the SDM flyer online and there were a lot of 1 day sale items and other things I needed or my mom needed. Here’s a pic of the receipt and some of the stuff we got. In total we saved $89.83 by way of sale prices but in reality we saved much more.

The best deal of the day in my opinion was the boxes of nature valley bars. Not because they were $1.99 each, but because each box had a coupon on the box for free oasis juice. The juices generally sell for around $3.50 in the grocery stores. For $1.99 not only did I get the nature valley bars, but I got Oasis Juice as well. Here’s a pic of the coupon inside.

I also bought 2 boxes of Oreo cakesters and 1 box of Oreo cookies just because the price was so cheap.
    Since the lottery ticket doesn’t qualify for optimum points only $88.77 of the $93.77 gave points. I also didn’t buy a gift card before purchasing these items which means I missed out on 887 points. In total I got 17600 points. If I hold onto these points and redeem them on MEGA bonus redemption day next year, the 17,600 points I earned today would be worth $46.31 (look at my previous post on SDM to see how I calculated that number). That’s about half the amount of money we spent returned back in points right there. Plus we got 6 coupons for free juice (MSRP $3.89 each x 6 = $23.34) and got great prices on other items we were going to buy anyways.

-Thrifty Kash
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

nice
    Free $175 CASH BONUS open Tangerine bank account $50=chequing, $25=savings, $100=savings program use 36121543S1as the'orange key' CAll1-888-826-4374 refer family/friends,$50 to you + $175 to them Earn up to $3,250 Visithttp://www.tangerine.ca/en/referafriend/index.html

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

Good catch on the trail mix!

Trading Score
    236 (100%)

Wtg!!!!!!!!
    <HR>
    Even after all this time, the sun never says to the earth, "You owe me." Look what happens with a love like that. It lights the whole sky!

- Hafiz of Persia

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

WTG, awesome brag. I tried to hit my $50, and missed by $13...AGAIN!!! I have to start planning my trips better. Or have a plan B, because plan A, never works...Arg, maybe next time.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Mary - Have you tried the Worz spreadsheet? I just discovered it before this 20x event as this was my first time planning as I've never hit the $50 mark either. I found this very useful to use the flyer and plan ahead, at least it's a good starting tool as there may be some unadvertised deals that you can change things up a bit. Hope this helps!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

The Worz spreadsheet is a very helpful tool, used it for the first time on the 31st.
    http://worz.ca/ I wouldn't do an Optimum shop without out!

With Worz I realized between the flyer and in store promos I had scoped out earlier in the week I had enough for two transactions!! In hopes of maximizing my points I purchased a $100 GC beforehand but the cashier said they were ineligible for points and wouldn't scan my Optimum card It caught me off guard, with people behind me in line I just left it.

Frugalmom
    Trading Score
    108 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Special_K View Post
    The Worz spreadsheet is a very helpful tool, used it for the first time on the 31st.
    http://worz.ca/ I wouldn't do an Optimum shop without out!

With Worz I realized between the flyer and in store promos I had scoped out earlier in the week I had enough for two transactions!! In hopes of maximizing my points I purchased a $100 GC beforehand but the cashier said they were ineligible for points and wouldn't scan my Optimum card It caught me off guard, with people behind me in line I just left it.
    When you purchase a giftcard you should also puchase a can of soup or something else thats inexpensive. They will then have to scan your card. This is what I did last Fri. evening to get points.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by frugalmom View Post
    When you purchase a giftcard you should also puchase a can of soup or something else thats inexpensive. They will then have to scan your card. This is what I did last Fri. evening to get points.
    Thats what I do, look for something really cheap, or buy a pack of gum or chocolate bar or something like that. it just eliminates the hassle. many cashiers think that ALL gift cards are ineligible for points, when in fact it says in the optimum terms and conditions that gift cards are ineligible for points EXCEPT for shoppers gift cards. I think Im going to print off a copy and the next time I get hassle, I'll just bring it out and show them.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    52 (100%)

Oooooh thanks for the tip ladies, I didn't know I could get points on the SDM gift cards so now I know to get something little and the card. Does the purchase of a Gift Card for $50 go towards a 20x event shopping total?

www.thriftykash.com
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You shouldn't have to buy something little with the SDM gift cards. You get points for buying the SDM gift card alone. It's just to avoid the hassle that some of the cashiers give you because they don't know about it. It's funny that we know more then people who spend half of their day working at SDM

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

FYI-some of the brand name bars are also 91 cents but don't have the coupons and their best before dates are around Jan. 23.

I went for the $1.99 bars with the juice coupon. Redeemed coupon at Fortino's-946ml carton is going for $1.79. The 6-pk of bottled juices are in the $3.79 range (max. value of coupon) but one of them, the Wildberry Pomegranate antioxia does not say Oasis Classic on the wrapper, so I suspect it does not qualify for the offer.

Some of the Shoppers Simply bars are also $1.99.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

www.thriftykash.com
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    FYI-some of the brand name bars are also 91 cents but don't have the coupons and their best before dates are around Jan. 23.

I went for the $1.99 bars with the juice coupon. Redeemed coupon at Fortino's-946ml carton is going for $1.79. The 6-pk of bottled juices are in the $3.79 range (max. value of coupon) but one of them, the Wildberry Pomegranate antioxia does not say Oasis Classic on the wrapper, so I suspect it does not qualify for the offer.

Some of the Shoppers Simply bars are also $1.99.
    I searched my shoppers for the protein bars that were in the flyer but they didn't have any. I was a little disappointed but I still ended up with some great items.

Also, you can try to use the oasis coupons on 1.75L juices. I've redeemed 2 so far at different times and both times I was able to get the 1.75L juices. The coupon doesn't allow for the juices this large but most cashiers don't bother reading all the details (even though sometimes they pretend like they're reading it lol).

Thread Information