User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Trading Score
    33 (100%)

There hasn't been much in the mail, but I've been getting mine regularly... for some reason, bell and rogers have been duelling it out in the addressed admail department for the last two weeks - I've had 3 or 4 different items from EACH of them! No clue as to why delivering one family's cable/phone service would become their tree-hating turf war in the middle of the Christmas/New Years break, but oh well...

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

Our mail has been very slow. It sometimes takes well over a week for mail from the nearest city to make it to our box.
    wendymac

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

i to have only had mail a few times since befor xmas glad im not the only one
    thanks for posting this so i know im not a weird mail watcher alone lol
    i joined prize rebel and make 10 to 20 dollar amazon gist cards every two daysehttps://www.prizerebel.com/index.php?r=darwinsmistake

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My co-workers' husband is a postie and I can tell you that he never gets the last week of the year off because it is a busy period and he has only middling seniority.
    Also, about 2 weeks before Christmas the workers at his station were told by management that mail volume nationally is down significantly from last year and that it is critically important that the mail get there on time and in good condition, and to do their part.

It's been difficult historically to get any love from CP when they screw up, but I think their ears may be opening... anyone who wants to make a complaint could also make the point that they are aware mail volumes are down and that bad service contributes to that trend.

BTW, those who order from Amazon... do they use UPS or CP? I don't recall, but I suspect that is where their business is going. To UPS, downloads and e-cards.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

And FWIW I've had mail every day this week and more than usual! Guess we aren't total slackers out here on the Wet Coast.

Trading Score
    21 (88%)

Ever since they went on strike, I haven't been getting my mail regularly. I'm not sure my mail man even delivers it...it's more of a I'm going to deliver mail when ever I want too kinda thing.

I didn't get any mail starting about a week before Christmas, and then suddenly my mail box was over flowing today!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Jasminenicole View Post
    Ever since they went on strike, I haven't been getting my mail regularly. I'm not sure my mail man even delivers it...it's more of a I'm going to deliver mail when ever I want too kinda thing.

I didn't get any mail starting about a week before Christmas, and then suddenly my mail box was over flowing today!
    Hi Jasmine,
    you know the way that is written you seem to be insinuating that your particular delivery person is making the decision to bring or not to bring
    ( the mail that is , lol)
    I can speak from 34 years of experience, it actually has very little to do with him.
    Is this your regular carrier?
    Are you sure he is not off injured, vacation, etc. and maybe the route has to be covered by others ( oh, but not covered until AFTER they have completed their own days work first ) and in these freezing temps it is not really a joy to be schlepping around house to house after 4:00 or 4:30 p.m. Also starts to get dark and hard to read the mail.

The mail can only get to you if it has gotten to the carriers for sortation, so did you call the PO to see if there has been any delay in the carriers receiving it, or ask about the reason for the late delivery? The answers may surprise you.
    You may not realize the system has many facets, not just 1 person walking down the street saying " uh, I'm not doing this today, screw the customers, I'll bring all the mail to them on Friday"

There are many jobs I do not understand, one is a cashiers job, and because of sc, I have learned not to be so judgmental towards them
    as I now understand and appreciate that I could never do their job and hold my tongue.

just some thoughts for ya.

Last edited by walkonby; Wed, Jan 4th, 2012 at 05:51 PM.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    21 (88%)

Nope, my (previous) mail man actually just delivered the mail when he felt like it. He was let go just recently, after an in depth investigation (after a number of complaints, people on his route would go weeks with out getting mail) and alot of the mail that should have been delivered was found stashed away. I received most of my mail this week, because I now have a new mail carrier. I have had many good mail carriers, and I am well informed on what mail carriers do in their jobs as my uncle is one but there are always people who don't do their jobs as they should and my mail carrier unfortunately just happened to be one of those people.

It is unfortunate, but I am looking forward to regular mail deliveries. Moving to where I am now, we go through a lot of mail people because of nasty northern weather and this gentleman who was let go, was my first negative experience with the postal service. All the other mail carriers I have had have been just great!

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Hi Jasmine,
    you know the way that is written you seem to be insinuating that your particular delivery person is making the decision to bring or not to bring
    ( the mail that is , lol)
    I can speak from 34 years of experience, it actually has very little to do with him.
    Is this your regular carrier?
    Are you sure he is not off injured, vacation, etc. and maybe the route has to be covered by others ( oh, but not covered until AFTER they have completed their own days work first ) and in these freezing temps it is not really a joy to be schlepping around house to house after 4:00 or 4:30 p.m. Also starts to get dark and hard to read the mail.

The mail can only get to you if it has gotten to the carriers for sortation, so did you call the PO to see if there has been any delay in the carriers receiving it, or ask about the reason for the late delivery? The answers may surprise you.
    You may not realize the system has many facets, not just 1 person walking down the street saying " uh, I'm not doing this today, screw the customers, I'll bring all the mail to them on Friday"

There are many jobs I do not understand, one is a cashiers job, and because of sc, I have learned not to be so judgmental towards them
    as I now understand and appreciate that I could never do their job and hold my tongue.

just some thoughts for ya.

Rocky! Rocky! Rah Rah Rah c_mcarthur's Avatar
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

last week with 3 mail days i only got mail 2 of the 3 days, this week theres only 4 mail days, out of 2 ive only gotten mail once.
    i guess we'll see.

I actually filed a complaint before christmas, my bf's mail came opened and it was a private document from the government... he was really mad
    rightfully so, it wasnt just ripped open it was fully opened.
    last time i got mail from the government it was sealed.
    Last edited by c_mcarthur; Wed, Jan 4th, 2012 at 08:45 PM.

Rocky! Rocky! Rah Rah Rah c_mcarthur's Avatar
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

im also annoyed that i dont have a regular mail carrier, every week its different.
    sometimes its a woman sometimes its a man, from what ive seen (i live in an appt) i've seen at least 5 different carriers in the last month.
    no wonder my mail is all over the place.
    It'll go mail everyday same time for a week, then the next, 2 out of 5 mail days i'll get mail and like hours after i usually get mail.
    some consistency would be nice...

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Dec 24 was Saturday
    Dec 25 and 26 are usually Hollydays....as 25 was a SUnday both days were reported on the following Monday (25) and Tuesday (26)
    i.e. Dec 26 and 27
    Dec 31 was Saturday
    Jan 1 is usually a Hollyday as it was on a SUnday , it was reported on the following MOnday
    i.e. JAn 2

so they had 3 days off + 2 Sat and Sun= 4 days = 7 days off

how do i know that ?.....i'm a mail freak....

BTW , i still haven't got this week flyers.....not the mailman fault though.....lol

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I got lots of mail before and after xmas.. definitely slowed down on receiving parcels though

Trading Score
    38 (100%)

Just as a lil note, as a letter carrier you are actually not supposed to leave mail in your case overnight. Doing so can result in a note on your desk the next day and repeat doing so would surely result in the person being written up.

The letter carriers , more often than not, give you all the mail they have for you.

Of course there are horror stories but I failt to think of a job where there isn't.
    Win Amazon Giftcards just by searching with Swagbucks! I've made over $700!!!

Ask me for more information on how

Tangerine Orange Key is 14221156S1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information