User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19
  1. #1
    Coupon User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    24
    Likes Received
    0
    Trading Score
    35 (100%)


    0
    Recently, I've been feeling so sick of Cashier giving out their PERSONAL COMMENT to customer or accused the customer being misuse just by ASSUMING. And they just have to make you feel like you are a cheap customer.....

    After the Zellers 50% coupon incident that I was being accused by a CS Rep for shopping 4 boxes of diapers at a time (when I have 4 customers with me to purchase that as per one per customer rules)....I got another "woow" comment from an RCSS cashier today....went to RCSS today to buy some Air wick scent oil kit which they reduce the price for the holiday one to $2.44, you can print a $3 off coupon from smartsource.ca to get it. Since each computer can only print 2, so, i print 2 out and I didn't read the details as I was hurrying to drop my husband off to work this morning, I just ran in the store on the way, grab the product and paid without any problem. After that, I told my mom and sisters about the deal and I print out 4 more coupons from my nephew and my sister's computer and ready to go get some more with my mom in the afternoon. This time, I noticed the coupon is a bit weird, it has 2 expiry date, one on the corner "expires Mar 31, 2012", one at the bottom "offer expiry Dec 31, 2011", it also said "one coupon per purchase per customer". But it was from the smartsource site itself, so I try to buy one at the self checkout for my sister first to test it out, gone through with some difficulties. Left the rest of 3 kits to checkout with the rest of the stuff that me and my mom got, I thought it shouldn't be much of a problem as I did heard some SC'er buying BUNCH of other stuff with limit customer on coupon without any problem. I thought I only get 3, shouldn't be that bad. But I was so wrong......The cashier read the coupon and said I can't use it, coz it said offer expiry Dec 31, 2011. But I pointed out that the official expires date box said Mar 31, 2012. Then she went around ask bunch of cashier including the one who dealt with me at self check out earlier. At that point, I feel that they thought I'm trying to use a fake coupon, which I am 200% NOT. Then the cashier who dealt with me before talked loudly to the cashier dealing with my current transaction, of course in front of all customer and said:"The coupon limit one per customer, she keeps coming back, i don't know how many times she come back!!" I was very shock and angry with that kind of comment. I know I didn't follow the limit customer rules, but seriously, because of that the cashier can accuse me for using a fake coupon several times and assuming that I got a load of that item using fake coupons?! In fact, I only want to get 6 in total.

    Here is the main point I wanted to say.... I am totally ok when any cashier told me I cannot use the coupon, I am NOT a cranky customer that if they suspect my coupon I have to argue with them. If they suspect, fine, i don't need to buy it, not a big deal, But what i HATE the most is they just have to HURT your FEELING by assuming you are a greedy ppl, trying to use fake coupon and cheat the store, accused you like a thief by making their personal comment to a customer. Is it because of the low wage thing, they have to deliver crappy customer service?! Why can't they just simply tell me "it limit one per customer, can you come back with another customer" I would be more than happy to invite my sisters over to pay it later on if that limit customer issue is so important to the store, I would do that.

    I use coupon, doesn't mean I am a cheap customer and can be treat like crap; I didn't follow the limit customer rules, doesn't mean I am a bad customer, I just want to get the deal for my family.....

    Just wondering if any ppl feel the same way as I do sometimes with certain cashier/supervisor....very depressing....
    This thread is currently associated with: Air Wick, Real Canadian Superstore RCSS, Smart Source, Zellers


  2. #2
    no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Scarlem
    Posts
    42,608
    Likes Received
    74409
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)




    Aw, I feel badly for you. Sometimes things work in our favour, sometimes not. Being made to feel like a thief hurts though. More and more I am really trying to put myself in the cashier's shoes. I never ever considered their side when I first started couponing, but now I do.

    Imagine if I saw the same person coming in for more than one item when I know as a cashier it is only 1 allowed per customer? Would I hold my tongue? With my temperament, personality, likely not. I probably would challenge anyone who I thought was trying to get extra's. You know what else? How do we know what these workers are told in meetings and such, maybe they have been told to confront people to minimize the ones that abuse coupons. Who knows eh?

    It is difficult to walk away and forget about it once you have been insulted though, so it is good to post here for some understanding from some of us who really have experienced that as well.

    Cheer up ! I predict you will make a wonderful score somewhere else! lol





    babies teach us acceptance

  3. #3
    Smart Canuck MillieH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Niagara Region
    Posts
    4,745
    Likes Received
    7412
    Trading Score
    167 (100%)




    Cashiers need to stop their personal feelings from getting through to the customer. If the store policy is to accept the coupons.. Keep your opinion to yourself and do your job.

    This week I purchased some items at Frescho.. the CSM asks where I get the coupon, how come I have 10 of them and that certainly I must know the company doesnt want me to use them. The coupon states 1 coupon per purchase.. even though I explained that it was legit and proper use of the coupon she states its wrong that i'm using it.. she is putting it through by the way.. I suggested she take that up with the company.. if they want me to use one.. they will say 1 per person or per transaction. When she is being paid by the company she is there to follow their policy not discuss her personal thoughts..

    I don't mind cashiers following store policy but keep your personal thoughts out of my biz.. lol I'm frustrated too with some of the attitudes.. I plan to draft a letter to send off to that store and head office. She was unprofessional. My purchase was $80, I didnt pay anything , they gave me 26 cents but still.. its earnigns for the store.... if her attitude causes people to go elsewhere to shop I'm sure the mgmt cares.
    Last edited by MillieH; Thu, Jan 5th, 2012 at 08:35 AM.
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

    Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

  4. #4
    Smart Canuck MillieH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Niagara Region
    Posts
    4,745
    Likes Received
    7412
    Trading Score
    167 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post

    Imagine if I saw the same person coming in for more than one item when I know as a cashier it is only 1 allowed per customer? Would I hold my tongue? With my temperament, personality, likely not. I probably would challenge anyone who I thought was trying to get extra's. You know what else? How do we know what these workers are told in meetings and such, maybe they have been told to confront people to minimize the ones that abuse coupons. Who knows eh?

    It is difficult to walk away and forget about it once you have been insulted though, so it is good to post here for some understanding from some of us who really have experienced that as well.

    Cheer up ! I predict you will make a wonderful score somewhere else! lol

    I dont understand why the store would have a problem with different people (even if family members or returning later to use coupon again) using coupons.. it means more sales for them.. if the transactions are done separately they are covered if they are audited. The bigger problem that I see is cashiers think their stores are losing money because we use coupons.. in the case of the 50% off coupon that would definitely be a concern but with manufacturers coupons, they get their money.. at walmart they actually suggest a separate transaction if you goof and try to get 2 of something that is meant to be 1 per person or transaction.
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

    Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

  5. #5
    Smart Canuck MillieH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Niagara Region
    Posts
    4,745
    Likes Received
    7412
    Trading Score
    167 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by ctrade View Post
    Recently, I've been feeling so sick of Cashier giving out their PERSONAL COMMENT to customer or accused the customer being misuse just by ASSUMING. And they just have to make you feel like you are a cheap customer.....

    After the Zellers 50% coupon incident that I was being accused by a CS Rep for shopping 4 boxes of diapers at a time (when I have 4 customers with me to purchase that as per one per customer rules)....I got another "woow" comment from an RCSS cashier today....went to RCSS today to buy some Air wick scent oil kit which they reduce the price for the holiday one to $2.44, you can print a $3 off coupon from smartsource.ca to get it. Since each computer can only print 2, so, i print 2 out and I didn't read the details as I was hurrying to drop my husband off to work this morning, I just ran in the store on the way, grab the product and paid without any problem. After that, I told my mom and sisters about the deal and I print out 4 more coupons from my nephew and my sister's computer and ready to go get some more with my mom in the afternoon. This time, I noticed the coupon is a bit weird, it has 2 expiry date, one on the corner "expires Mar 31, 2012", one at the bottom "offer expiry Dec 31, 2011", it also said "one coupon per purchase per customer". But it was from the smartsource site itself, so I try to buy one at the self checkout for my sister first to test it out, gone through with some difficulties. Left the rest of 3 kits to checkout with the rest of the stuff that me and my mom got, I thought it shouldn't be much of a problem as I did heard some SC'er buying BUNCH of other stuff with limit customer on coupon without any problem. I thought I only get 3, shouldn't be that bad. But I was so wrong......The cashier read the coupon and said I can't use it, coz it said offer expiry Dec 31, 2011. But I pointed out that the official expires date box said Mar 31, 2012. Then she went around ask bunch of cashier including the one who dealt with me at self check out earlier. At that point, I feel that they thought I'm trying to use a fake coupon, which I am 200% NOT. Then the cashier who dealt with me before talked loudly to the cashier dealing with my current transaction, of course in front of all customer and said:"The coupon limit one per customer, she keeps coming back, i don't know how many times she come back!!" I was very shock and angry with that kind of comment. I know I didn't follow the limit customer rules, but seriously, because of that the cashier can accuse me for using a fake coupon several times and assuming that I got a load of that item using fake coupons?! In fact, I only want to get 6 in total.

    Here is the main point I wanted to say.... I am totally ok when any cashier told me I cannot use the coupon, I am NOT a cranky customer that if they suspect my coupon I have to argue with them. If they suspect, fine, i don't need to buy it, not a big deal, But what i HATE the most is they just have to HURT your FEELING by assuming you are a greedy ppl, trying to use fake coupon and cheat the store, accused you like a thief by making their personal comment to a customer. Is it because of the low wage thing, they have to deliver crappy customer service?! Why can't they just simply tell me "it limit one per customer, can you come back with another customer" I would be more than happy to invite my sisters over to pay it later on if that limit customer issue is so important to the store, I would do that.

    I use coupon, doesn't mean I am a cheap customer and can be treat like crap; I didn't follow the limit customer rules, doesn't mean I am a bad customer, I just want to get the deal for my family.....

    Just wondering if any ppl feel the same way as I do sometimes with certain cashier/supervisor....very depressing....
    Yeah I feel this way too.. there is a nice way to handle things , the cashiers don't have to care or think we are ok human beings.. however they should act as if they do.
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

    Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

  6. #6
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    1,827
    Likes Received
    1491
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)




    I've worked in retail for a long time, and there are always a few people (customers) that are often grumpy. And there are employees that are often grumpy.
    I haven't had a cashier make a huge deal about coupons for me yet, but I'm sure it will come.
    Just ignore it they don't know you.

  7. #7
    Canadian Guru hollyquaiscer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Where love grows
    Posts
    15,848
    Likes Received
    20464
    Trading Score
    109 (100%)




    I don't understand what you mean by " Is it because of the low wage thing, they have to deliver crappy customer service?! " Are you suggesting that because a person is working for minimum wage, they give crappy customer service? I sure hope not, as a lot of people are just happy to have a job, any type of job whether it be for minimum wage or not.

    I feel that cashiers are getting a really bad rap. Put yourself in their shoes, they deal with rude, incompetant, arogant people all day long, and yes there are some really nice people thrown in there as well. If the coupon clearly states one coupon per purchase per person, than that is what it means. Yes tons of people, including myself have gone back another time and purchased another one if we had a second coupon, but it is not right. So to complain about a cashier pointing out the fact that you had been there several times already, shouldn't upset you, as you were clearly in the wrong. Just my opinion of coarse, but give the cashiers a break, they work hard and I think we all know that customer service is a very thankless job.
    Last edited by hollyquaiscer; Thu, Jan 5th, 2012 at 10:07 AM.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

  8. #8
    no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Scarlem
    Posts
    42,608
    Likes Received
    74409
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by hollyquaiscer View Post
    I don't understand what you mean by " Is it because of the low wage thing, they have to deliver crappy customer service?! " Are you suggesting that because a person is working for minimum wage, they give crappy customer service? I sure hope not, as a lot of people are just happy to have a job, any type of job whether it be for minimum wage or not.

    I feel that cashiers are getting a really bad rap. Put yourself in their shoes, they deal with rude, incompetant, arogant people all day long, and yes there are some really nice people thrown in there as well. If the coupon clearly states one coupon per purchase per person, than that is what it means. Yes tons of people, including myself have gone back another time and purchased another one if we had a second coupon, but it is not right. So to complain about a cashier pointing out the fact that you had been there several times already, shouldn't upset you, as you were clearly in the wrong. Just my opinion of coarse, but give the cashiers a break, they work hard and I think we all know that customer service is a very thankless job.

    Thanks hollyquaiscer

    That was what I was trying to say too. Sometimes we get away with stuff, sometimes we don't. I have now tried to view cashiers as say my DD or either of my DS's. It just forces me to be kindler, gentler. Once I am done, I leave the store and all the madness, they are stuck there no matter how lousy the day is going for them.

    jmho as well.




    babies teach us acceptance

  9. #9
    Oppi Fjellet Brynhilde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Middle of nowhere, ON
    Posts
    1,276
    Likes Received
    32
    Trading Score
    30 (100%)



    I have encountered what you have experienced but I don't let it bother me. I am saving money for my family and accomplishing goals and that's really all that matters.

    At the same time, I have had to train cashiers before and sometimes we forget that they are human too. Sometimes cashiers forget that the customer is a human too.

    I would try and shop elsewhere if it really bothers you or go to another till next time.

  10. #10
    Coupon User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    24
    Likes Received
    0
    Trading Score
    35 (100%)


    First of all, Thanks for everyone's comment, very much appreciated for you guys understanding, and very happy to know that I was not alone.

    In response with hollyquaiscer, that's not what i mean, Just when I talked about getting "Personal comment" from some cashier, i felt unhappy and I was always told by other friends that "Forget about that, those cashier earn minimum wage, what kind of customer service you want to get?!" It seems lots of ppl linking "If cashier earning low wage, and you get a good customer service, you are lucky, but if you get bad customer service, it's normal and nothing you can complaint about" As a matter of fact, I was earning minimum wages and in customer service field for few years before. I got yell at before, being called liar before and accused by customer before, even nasty customer I've dealt with before..... i was not happy, i was angry, but I never say mean things or accused my customers, because I know my job. I remember I suppose to serve customer and try to help customer to sort things out within my authority to make them feel great about the company and their purchase. I think that is also the definition of Customer Service, at least in my opinion.

    To make myself clear again, the main point of post is NOT about complaint of cashier. The whole point that I was pointing out is I put myself on the cashier shoes and I didn't give them any hard time whenever I use any coupon, but what I got from them is always some PERSONAL COMMENT which is not true, and irrelevant to my situation, like accused me in front of public by going there many many times or using a problem coupon again and again. I admit that i wasn't right about going back again regarding the limit per person stuff, but does that mean that if i go back again to get some more for the family, you have to SAY SOMETHING to make your customer feel cheap or hurt their feeling?! I don't think it is anything have to do with the their job. They can stop me from using coupon, they can refuse to accept my coupon, they can suspect the coupon is fake and not take it, This is their job, I respect that and I AM Totally OK with that!! BUT what I can't accept is WHY DO THEY HAVE TO SAY SOME PERSONAL COMMENT to hurt the customer's feeling, like "you guys are greedy", "you guys keep coming back again and again, don't know how many time they come back"....etc. This is call personal assumption, not the true fact, if those cashier have evidence and know the whole story and also have authority like police to investigate stuff, I'll say it's ok to make a comment like that in front of public, otherwise, those cashier should not do that, because whatever they said to customer is like talking on behalf of the company, as they are working for the company and making comment in public.

    I remembered when I was in service industry ten years ago, my senior taught me "NEVER ASSUME unless you know that is the truth, be polite and be professional when dealing with customer, never SAY your personal feeling in front of your customer, especially the bad ones, that's the basic criteria to be a Good Customer Service Rep!" I still remembered those words up to date, it is not just criteria on a job, it can also apply on treating your friends. Back then I was working very hard even though I cried few time because of some sick customers, every penny that I earned with sweat and tears, so, when it comes to my turn to spend my money, I spent carefully and I would like whenever i spent money, I would be treated with respect and with good attitude as well. Well, now that I am a customer, i don't work that field anymore, every penny that I earned still not easy, the economy is not great, so, spending money need to be very careful for me especially when i have 2 kids now. I am not asking a whole lot from the cashier, all I want is just a fair treat (be polite, be reasonable and be professional) from all cashier. Isn't that justify or Am I asking too much??? Sadly the reality is I got a feedback all the time, even my sisters said that "They are just earning minimum wages, what customer service do you want to get from them!" I guess i just have to live up with that feedback as I would not be able to alter the mindset for those cashier.

    Feeling pathetic of this situation because next day I'll have to see those cashier again and again, and I still will use coupon as always, and no need to say I shall keep getting those personal comment on and off again and again. That is a feeling I want to express and nothing more.

    But I really feel so thankful for all those warm comments from all SC'ers, just hoping everyone can be able to meet a great cashier, get more deals and less complaint, that is one of my 2012 wish!





    Quote Originally Posted by hollyquaiscer View Post
    I don't understand what you mean by " Is it because of the low wage thing, they have to deliver crappy customer service?! " Are you suggesting that because a person is working for minimum wage, they give crappy customer service? I sure hope not, as a lot of people are just happy to have a job, any type of job whether it be for minimum wage or not.

    I feel that cashiers are getting a really bad rap. Put yourself in their shoes, they deal with rude, incompetant, arogant people all day long, and yes there are some really nice people thrown in there as well. If the coupon clearly states one coupon per purchase per person, than that is what it means. Yes tons of people, including myself have gone back another time and purchased another one if we had a second coupon, but it is not right. So to complain about a cashier pointing out the fact that you had been there several times already, shouldn't upset you, as you were clearly in the wrong. Just my opinion of coarse, but give the cashiers a break, they work hard and I think we all know that customer service is a very thankless job.

  11. #11
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    BC
    Posts
    3,802
    Likes Received
    3606
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)




    I think it comes down to common sense. If the coupon says ' one per customer' and you are going to have you spouse, your sister or whomever go in and use one for you then stay out of sight. I call that 'flying under the radar' or being discreet. You could have been the 6th customer that day doing the same thing and she may have been very frustrated. There are better ways for a cashier to handle things but we also should be careful about not unintentionally provoking a reaction....

  12. #12
    Senior Canuck
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    887
    Likes Received
    395
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)



    The bottom line is that you just ignore the crappy people and move on. It sucks but it is also not worth the aggrivation!

  13. #13
    Coupon Goddess princesskimmi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Surrey, BC
    Posts
    5,540
    Likes Received
    1451
    Trading Score
    26 (100%)




    Don't feel bad that cashier was just rude. I bought six of those two days ago I thought they were 3.94 but they rang up 2.44 I had 12 3.00 off coupons from insert gave the others to the lady standing next to me we both recieved the .56 overage - woo hoo

  14. #14
    Coupon User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    24
    Likes Received
    0
    Trading Score
    35 (100%)


    Lucky you! You got overage as well, that's even better! Feel happy for you that you didn't get comment from the cashier!! I am hoping I can get a nicer cashier next time!

    Quote Originally Posted by princesskimmi View Post
    Don't feel bad that cashier was just rude. I bought six of those two days ago I thought they were 3.94 but they rang up 2.44 I had 12 3.00 off coupons from insert gave the others to the lady standing next to me we both recieved the .56 overage - woo hoo

  15. #15
    Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    On the verge of indecision
    Posts
    13,971
    Likes Received
    15364
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by sarah_cio View Post
    The bottom line is that you just ignore the crappy people and move on. It sucks but it is also not worth the aggrivation!

    true, my local Maxi has a real PITA cashier but I remember I'm in there for minutes and she has a whole shift..I can live with that.


    Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

    Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •