User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Junior Canuck couponlovingcanuck's Avatar
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by meta42 View Post
    How can you possibly say what saves a person more money when you don't know their family make up or size? In fact your assertion that a 30% room only discount at a moderate resort for MY family size will save more money than free dining is absolutely incorrect. In that scenario, free dining saves us much more.
    Everybody, you really have to go to the Disney website, look under special offers, and do the math on what particular discount saves you more money in each scenario. Nobody can tell you that information without your dates or party size, where you want to stay etc.
    Also, sign up at the Disney website and create an account to increase your chances of receiving personal offers for travel.
    I completely agree with you meta42!! Free dining saved us way more than the 30% off did. If I did the 30% discount my savings would be about $72 per day but with free dining it is anywhere from $100-$150ish!!

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Thanks for all the info
    http://www.clixsense.com/?4532002
    CLIXSENSE : made $850 in just one year

swagbucks.com/refer/donnaGontario
    SWAGBUCKS : earned $1450 so far

Trading Score
    83 (100%)

I booked through Magical Dreams last Spring (from an offer on SmartCanuks) for our trip to Disney and they were fantastic! Not only did we get the same discounts and prices as the website (which I am registered with) but the did all the work and I received a bonus giftcard! I highly recommend doing your homework online and then contacting Magical Dreams to take care of the rest !

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

i work in travel - i know disney can be expensive for big families - i plan on taking my little guy this year so we are watching for deals too.

If anyone ever wants me to look into pricing or any kind of south travel for them please feel free to message me and i will see what i can do for you/save you and your family.

I don't mind helping my SCers out

Coupon's Dirty Mistress g_skywalker's Avatar
    Trading Score
    47 (100%)

these dates ended on Dec 17th. I have been waiting for those dates to change to new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by happymomy1 View Post
    there are a bunch of dates that offer free dining for 2012

here are the dates

• January 8-14
    • January 22-February 4
    • February 12-18
    • March 4-10
    • March 25-31
    • August 19-September 29 (Canada residents only)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    69 (100%)

Anyone have a new link for free dining plan? Anyone.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

My family is going to disney in March (booked to stay at a value resort & got the free dining plan). When I booked it didnt black out certain dates.

We have never stayed at their resorts, but I have heard you can get your fridge stocked with what essentials you need for your family (milk, fruit, water, breakfast items...). Who would you contact with your grocery list to have the food purchased and delivered to your room when you arrive?
    Last edited by DiamondLil; Tue, Jan 10th, 2012 at 10:28 AM.
    The average dog
    is nicer
    than the average person.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    69 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondLil View Post
    My family is going to disney in March (booked to stay at a value resort & got the free dining plan). When I booked it didnt black out certain dates.

We have never stayed at their resorts, but I have heard you can get your fridge stocked with what essentials you need for your family (milk, fruit, water, breakfast items...). Who would you contact with your grocery list to have the food purchased and delivered to your room when you arrive?

We've been there a few times at different resorts and never had a stocked fridge...lol.
    Nothing is free at disney..lol

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mickpalace View Post
    We've been there a few times at different resorts and never had a stocked fridge...lol.
    Nothing is free at disney..lol
    I didnt mean they stocked fridges for free - lol - sorry for the confusion!

I meant who can I get to stock my fridge with the breakfast items I want (charged to either to my credit card or my room). A buddy at work mentioned her relative went with her hub and 2 kids, and they had arranged somehow to get their grocery items bought and delivered to their room (I think they had used a credit card to purchase their items). She was gonna ask her who or where she had called to get this done, but I havent heard from her yet.

Again sorry for the confusion!
    The average dog
    is nicer
    than the average person.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

I meant who can I get to stock my fridge with the breakfast items I want (charged to either to my credit card or my room). A buddy at work mentioned her relative went with her hub and 2 kids, and they had arranged somehow to get their grocery items bought and delivered to their room (I think they had used a credit card to purchase their items). She was gonna ask her who or where she had called to get this done, but I havent heard from her yet.

We've used Wegoshop and Garden Grocer. With both you make your order online, pick a time slot, prepay (or arrange to pay at time of delivery) and they will deliver the items. Usually it is at front desk, once it came to our room.

I get all this information and more by being a member at Disboards. HUGE Disney community and answers to every possible question on rooms, attractions, touring strategies, restaurants, dining plans and info on any current discount you can get.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by meta42 View Post
    We've used Wegoshop and Garden Grocer. With both you make your order online, pick a time slot, prepay (or arrange to pay at time of delivery) and they will deliver the items. Usually it is at front desk, once it came to our room.

I get all this information and more by being a member at Disboards. HUGE Disney community and answers to every possible question on rooms, attractions, touring strategies, restaurants, dining plans and info on any current discount you can get.
    ETA) I prefer GardenGrocer personally because they list all the items with pictures. Wegoshop is good, but they let you choose the store and the items, so if you aren't familiar with the products in Florida it can be a little more difficult.
    You can google either one for info.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I like Garden Grocers as well, but if you have time and want to save some money, Wegoshop allows you to send them coupons to help you save more money!
    Disney Planner Extraordinaire! - Book your Disney Vacation with us and receive a FREE Disney Gift Card!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If you are using one of the Disney Dining plans you may be surprised by how big the portions are at both the counter service restaurants and the table service restaurants. I have bought from both Garden Grocer and WeGoShop before and have had a majority of the food left over when we left.

This year, everyone on the Dining Plan will be receiving a refillable mug that can be filled up at your resort (fountain drinks, sweet tea, ice tea, coffee, tea, hot chocolate). You also receive a drink at all your meals and you can get bottled water, vitamin water, smart water (yay!), juice, monster energy drink and many other items instead of a fountain drink (all of those items may not be at all locations).

The food in the plans is seriously filling and I LOVE eating!
    Disney Planner Extraordinaire! - Book your Disney Vacation with us and receive a FREE Disney Gift Card!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by i_love_to_save View Post
    ok can someone post a link??? i would love to se how much it would cost for 5 people (2 adults 3 kids 16-12 and 7)

we are a family of 5 and we are going for 10 days and it is costing us about $4300 and this is with a park hopper pass and our hotel (family suite) and dining plan. This does not include us actually getting to florida.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

If you are staying at a value resort you will not get a fridge unless you request (and there is availiability of the fridge) and it will cost $10.60/day.
    Last edited by CdnKayDee; Wed, Jan 11th, 2012 at 05:39 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information