User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by DianneS View Post
    It is really necessary to respond in such a confrontational manner? If you re-read the following line from your original post, it comes across as being pretty aggressive.

“I don't know if it was the paperboy who did it but after I go have a talk with him, I can bet that if he did do it, he'll never do it again. “

Perhaps you could simply have responded to Pippenelkhound by saying "oops....I really didn't mean for it to sound like I would chew out the paperboy"....
    You are entirely correct. I could have responded that simply. But I didn't (IMO) respond in a confrontational manner, I expressed my thoughts in a rather pleasant way given the assumptions and 'believing what they think' assaults on my character. Their understanding of how the coupon flyer and newspaper delivery method reminded me of how things were 25 years ago when I delivered the newspaper myself as a young adult trying to make ends meet, and even then, there were very few children delivering the newspaper. The person I was responding too, I would be very surprised if the children she describes delivering the newspaper are not children anymore, delivered the paper over 10 years ago. If not than they are obviously in a smaller community than the million plus city I live in.
    I was not confrontational, simply presented the facts, told them that mistakes are common, wished them a wonderful day. Told them I would do the same, a reference to my willingness to make the best of a bad situation (someone assaulting my character and intelligence and getting it all so very wrong) and I meant all of it. Other men my age tell me I'm an idiot, too considerate, too soft, too understanding, my ex wife told me I was too honest before I we divorced, calls me a "gentleman' now. But that's just an act, I've done that just for my daughters. Is that deceitful? Not a chance. And not easy keeping that act up, not after she cheated on me 3 times before I said enough was enough and then tell my daughters it was all my fault so they never know the truth. I don't know how much nicer I can be to everyone. Surely I will respond to someone who assaults my character in this forum but gets it all wrong in their 'believing what they think' which is seemingly based on very small town thinking or very outdated (by a few decades) thinking. It's quite simple, they don't know what they are talking about. I explained the facts, not accusatory and venomous like many would but in a considerate manner, in a way that I wouldn't expect an apology, stuff happens, we move on, all is good. Maybe it didn't come out that way but that is what I meant.
    Oh wait, I get it. I'm a man so I must be a jerk, no matter how understanding or compassionate I might actually be. No matter what my level of integrity is, my understanding of what is right and actually doing it (and that's not as easy as some people think), I can't have those qualities because I'm a man and men just aren't like that. I guess that is why most of my male peers think I'm a weenie for thinking like I do.
    Thankfully, all the women I know, every single one...there are no exceptions, considers me a really nice guy, respectful, intelligent, don't hit on them like most guys do, certainly some flirting with the ones who have made it clear in their actions that is alright, but only flirting, nothing beyond that..I've yet to meet a women in the 12 years since I've been divorced who wants to get serious, they all want to just be friends, seemingly very good friends. Maybe it's because I think more like a woman than a man, in many ways. That's why I relate so well with women (but only in a friendly way) and many of my male friends think I'm a weenie. Not surprisingly, my estrogen levels are quite high for a man....a little weird my doctor told me (yea, disturbingly weird IMO) but nothing to worry about, my testosterone levels are quite high enough to compensate and make me appear all manly and I certainly have no sexual feelings towards men (Is it OK to say that without someone thinking I'm homophobic?....what with everyone being so politically correct these days...is it OK to say I'm, not gay without gay people saying I said something wrong? seriously, I don't care, have sex with whoever you want, and that is what I will do too)
    From what I have learned through my own research, those higher than normal estrogen levels might be a factor in having me think more like a woman than most men do. Not a surprise when I learned that, figured it out when I was about 12 years old and have been trying to hide it (but make the most of it....women are overall much more sensible than men....and if you are wondering how I figured that out at such an early age, well my IQ is in the top 1% of the population of earth, I figure stuff out) But you didn't know any of that before you criticized me, just thought I was a typical man, just like all other men, all the same, all deserving the same criticism.
    Or maybe I just can't put what I am thinking into the proper words, that high IQ doesn't fix every problem for me. but it does tell me that just like the person I first responded to, you are making assumptions about me, are believing what you initially think. and assumptions are guesses. Might be right, might be wrong.
    I'm a rather complex individual, if you haven't already figured that out by the information have presented in this post. I'm willing to listen to any other misinformed assumptions about me to which I can tell the person they really have no idea what they are talking about....just went with the first thought that entered their head when reading my words, maybe thought of their typical man husband as a basis for what I think....men are idiots, right? That's what a lot of girl talk revolves around and I can agree. I am certainly not your husband and am nothing like him. But I have to hide that from many of my friends who are husbands, obviously not very well if they call me a weenie. But then what would you expect when at gatherings of friends or relatives, I hang out with the women? The men have nothing to discuss that I care about.
    Why in the heck God decided to put a woman's brain into my man's body, I don't know, but I have had to live with it and find it quite a satisfactory state of being, fraught with difficulty to be sure, but the positives far outweighing the negatives. It's those unfounded consumptions by others that get to me. All women think that men are idiots. But I'm only half an idiot. Please don't assume I am a complete idiot. I say these words facetiously but the main point I want to make is that the person I am responding to suggests that I could have made my point in much less words than I did. You know what? I can't. I have tried in 1000s of posts in many of the forums I frequent (I have a lot of hobbies and interests) and try as I might I can't put my ideas forth in just a few sentences. I tried with this post. Did it work? Obviously not. I'm just too much into the details I guess. As they say, take care of the details, the big stuff will take care of itself. And I know that works, but it doesn't work out very well when someone with an obviously lower IQ than mine makes assumptioms about me. Lets face it, a high IQ score doesn't mean much. It sure as heck does not prevent me from sometimes saying and doing really stupid things, in fact my research has led to me to believe that people with higher IQs are more apt to do stupid things and exhibit more eccentric behaviour than those with lesser IQs. Yea, no kidding, tell me something else I didn't figure out by the time I was twelve.
    Well enough if this, I'm going to go put a $2 dellisio pizza in the oven and while I eat it, I will think about how people make assumptions, meaning they believe what they think, but then never entertain the thought that their thinking may be wrong. and in the end when all the probelms you caused are settled, who looks like the dimwitted one? That's right, the one who made assumptions. I've learned not to do that (maybe that high IQ is good for something after all) and therefore base my comments on what I know, not what I assume. (meaning guess.) I am not like your husband, not even close so don't assume I am. Now that is quite an asumption, a very big guess. Why would I even do that after all I said? That's my big IQ talking, I figure things out.
    Any more unthinking assumptions about me, please bring them on so I can set you straight.
    If you are going to believe what you think, shouldn't you at least first think objectively and critically?
    How the heck you will manage to answer all that, I don't know. It would take hours and it would be waste of time because I will never see it. I will not return to this thread, don't care what you think, have told you what I think and if you or anyone reading want's to discuss anything I have said, go right ahead, it's your time.
    I think I have said more here about my personal life than I would ever tell anyone personally and will have to rejoin the forum under a new name. I have tried so very hard to not say it but here it is: When you assume you make an ass out of u an me. This post is the epitome of that saying, except I don't think I am the ass. See, I know the facts and the assumers know nothing except what they think up in their own brains. "I would have done this" they say but in reality they would have done it quite differently. And I should listen to them? Ya know what, I'll listen to the person with the highest IQ, and while they may be wrong, it will be much less often that the person with a lower IQ who is just guessing. Calling it assuming doesn't change the fact that you are making a wild guess based on generalizations.. I am not your husband, or his best married friend, stop treating me like I am. You know nothing about me except what you guess and quite frankly, your guesses are all wrong.
    And you please have a most wonderful day.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wow. In my professional opinion (and yes, this "someone with an obviously lower IQ") has TWO degrees, you need professional help with interpersonal skills.

I have lived in across Europe and North America, so I'm not a small minded, small town hick as you appear to think I am.

I read what you said and stick by what I said. You state that you post after a few drinks, I'd recommend stepping away from the "enter" key.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Yikes.. all I have to say is that I hope the paperboy didn't get fired.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Ideas are best communicated on smaller scales.
    Much much smaller.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Craziness

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Maybe you could double space your paragraphs? I couldn't read some of your comments, they made my eyes hurt lol
    Isn't she a cutie

Rocky! Rocky! Rah Rah Rah c_mcarthur's Avatar
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

When I was 13 I was a paper delivery person for the Mississauga News.
    I had to put the flyer and inserts in each paper before delivering them.
    the above posters are correct. the companies do NOT give an equal amount of flyers/inserts for the amount of newspapers.
    for example:

if I had to make up 250 papers, I would get roughly the same amount of each flyer, but it would be off by up to 10 flyers.
    so some newspapers would get all, some would get 3/4 some would get 2/4 .
    It was not my fault at all.
    so before you go chew out a child for ''stealing'' your coupon inserts, perhaps a call to your newspaper carrier is in order?

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Wow how come this garbage isn't expired yet. I reported it.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    52 (100%)

Reported it as well, since it no longer has anything to do with couponing or deals
    Last edited by Panthea; Sun, Jan 8th, 2012 at 12:38 PM.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Seems it's been reported for several days.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Bah ha ha! Posts like this need a TL;DR sentence.

Also, if a person states you sound aggressive, then to them, you are coming across that way (to at least one person) regardless of your intent not to. The written word is the most difficult to convey true expression because you are not hearing intonation.

Now when will this thread get expired?

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Jeepers, I don't like not being able to find coupons, but never would I ever 'react violently' if I saw somebody stealing inserts... That's just nutty.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Nice that the thread has been moved but not deleted or edited.. :/

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

an an apology that isn't an apology at all

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Heck, my paper that normally has the inserts didn't even GET delivered at all, and the world didn't implode...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information