User Tag List

Thread: Uptown Sign

Amused
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I was at Walmart this morning and when leaving they had the elevators blocked off and were installing a sign above the elevators that said Uptown Rewards Program. Hm... sounds interesting! I didn't see anything on their website. I did overhear one of the worker say something like 'I wonder if people will think' and then I couldn't hear the next word...so I'm a bit hestitant that it might be just a marketing campaign that doesn't relate to an official rewards program.
    This thread is currently associated with: H&M, Walmart

Amused
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Sigh...I meant escalators not elevator. Sorry just caught that after posting.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

Interesting. My girls work in the MacDonalds at Walmart. Will have them keep their eyes and ears open.

Trading Score
    100 (99%)

hmmm could be interesting!! thanks!

Amused
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Well I checked the Uptown website and twitter feed this morning and there still isn't anything so I think my momentary excitement was for nothing

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

was there the other day, they have a heck of alot of promo displays for whatever this will be.. there is the big sign in the former empty space above the escalators (i always thought this was a great display area for seasonal decorations)

they had stand up displays scattered infront of stores and one down just by the elevator.. sooo something has to be happening (though i think they SHOULD have put info on the website before they put the info all around the shopping area)
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

i sent them an email through their website and i got this as a response

"
    Hi there-

Thank you for your comments to our website. I appreciate you taking the time to email us.
    We are embarking on a new loyalty rewards program for Uptown. Every purchase that you make you will be registered and according to your $ purchased we will award you points. Every quarter customers will be rewarded with gifts such as Uptown gift cards, hockey tickets, restaurant gift certificates, VIP parking etc.

You simply need to visit our Guest Services desk for them to get you signed up.

Happy Shopping!"

it isn't alot of info kinda vague, i would like to know more info on it (how much you gotta spend-ratio of gift to spending, if you gotta spend at specific places, does the total reset at the end of each quarter? do you have to bring in all your receipts on a regular basis? or will it be a loyalty card that is scanned while you shop?

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Sounds interesting if Walmart participates!

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

went into the office today to find out more info.. basically it rolls out Feb first, the ship stores are NOT included.. the woman told me it's only the stores on the boulevard so basically the speciality stores, the clothing stores no walmart, no future shop, no best buy and pretty sure no shoppers

and it's pretty much you spend get your reciepts stamped they make a note of all your purchases

Amused
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Thanks ... I popped in there today too. Got the same news ... Won't include the big stores, starbucks but will include David's Tea and the boutique clothing stores. She wasn't sure about The Noodle Box. She thought it would include the cupcake store but wasnt sure.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Wow... they'd better figure it out soon because if they are advertising it then people are going to ask. And it makes Uptown look pretty amateur if they don't even know who's participating...

Amused
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Yes, i hadn't mentioned but i stopped into the cupcake shop last night and the clerk didn't know about the loyalty program (she was very nice about it though). So when the uptown rep said that she thought the cupcake shop was part of the program it made me smile.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

when i was in today the lady at the desk said the displays just went up yesterday.. which isn't true, this post is a week and a half old! i also asked about the website and she had no idea.. said i could sign up online BUT pretty obvious you can't since the website says nothing about it.. i do think it's pretty amateur of them.. they are suppose to be a higher end shopping complex (many boutique stores, the complex itself is very forward thinking in design)

Amused
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hm... Yet they had a dec 17 tweet that included "... And sign up for our loyalty program to Win back your purchase".

Thread Information