User Tag List

Thread: dumpster diving

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Does anyone in London dumpster dive? I keep hearing how you can get decent stuff out of it, but I have no idea where to start, when to go, etc. Any tips?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

yes. and only in the area where i live. we have 'communal' recyling/garbage areas. i just scout through those. in the winter its just a quick look if its not on top i dont touch it. in the other months i can look a little harder (not so cold) i mostly look for just the flyers as the ppl in my area dont' splurge on the items alot of others find here. pins, cereal, dinner/points. etc. i appreciate what i get. its better than nothing. when you go all depends on your level of comfort and when your neighbor puts their stuff out. here its not til after 6-7ish. if your more than comfy look while their putting it out. my neighors even offer it up if they know im looking. if your not comfy you can ask a neighbor to watch the kidlets while you have a look or go out first thing in the morning. (ours is normally gone by 6am) too early for me.
    most ppl find, icoke pins, cereal boxes etc with coupons on them, flyers, lean cuisine/stouffers, there are alot of threads on here you can check out for tips even pictures of items they've found to help you insearching. as long as its safe i say go for it. have fun. and dont' forget to post/brag about your findings. maybe you'll hook up with someone in your area and you can buddy up. i always go with hubby. hes very supportive.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    102 (97%)

No. That's where I would draw the line but I wouldn't judge anyone who did.
    FT: TONS of $1 Unilever Icecream,including BREYERS! EXP: AUG 31ST!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I did a couple times at my apartment but turned up nothing. Today I picked out all the coupon flyers in my apartments lobby and recycled the rest of the papers...Easier to catch it then before it's in a 5ft deep bin! lol
    Step away from my coupon binder and no one gets hurt.

Mom to NatJac
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I might on Sunday night depending on the weather and if I can get my neighbour to come with me. ;P

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I am going Sunday night as well. Taking someone in my complex along for the ride. She does 1 side of the street and I do the other!

Thread Information