User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Walmart lady came up to me and offer me 5$ for signing up for a Walmart Mastercard. After signing up and receiving your card, you can get another $15 in walmart rewards. So, altogether you get 20$ free.

Unfortunate for me, I already have a Walmart MC. I think this card is great if shop at Walmart. you can earn 1% in rewards on anywhere you shop; 1.25% on every dollar you shop at walmart.
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart

jlh
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    332 (100%)

The CSM at the customer service always try to sell the Walmart Mastercard to every customer. I always reject it Don't want too many credit cards around.

*Loves coupons*
    Trading Score
    116 (100%)

I am the same way I didn't knwo that for every credit card you sign up for it goes on to your credit score.. and it takes 7 years to come off your credit score even after you have called in and canceled it ... I found this out the hard way... this year is the first year I got to know all about this kind of stuff.... I took a look at my credit score and I have 4 pages of old creidt cards that most of them I forgot that I even signed up for... and I have two Home Depot and three Walmart.. etc.....etc..... it was crazy... the good news is I didn't oh on any of them but that bad news was that after calling every company and closing them all. they are still on my credit score for a whole 7 years
    After saying this..... if you don't have a credit card or really want another one this is a good one to get with all the $5 gift card, $15 money back once you use the card at two different places, and the 1% money put on your card for everything you buy.... it is kind of like the PC Credit card My fav
    Thank you to Everyone On SmartCanucks for helping me save

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by delynn View Post
    I am the same way I didn't knwo that for every credit card you sign up for it goes on to your credit score.. and it takes 7 years to come off your credit score even after you have called in and canceled it ... I found this out the hard way... this year is the first year I got to know all about this kind of stuff.... I took a look at my credit score and I have 4 pages of old creidt cards that most of them I forgot that I even signed up for... and I have two Home Depot and three Walmart.. etc.....etc..... it was crazy... the good news is I didn't oh on any of them but that bad news was that after calling every company and closing them all. they are still on my credit score for a whole 7 years
    After saying this..... if you don't have a credit card or really want another one this is a good one to get with all the $5 gift card, $15 money back once you use the card at two different places, and the 1% money put on your card for everything you buy.... it is kind of like the PC Credit card My fav

I'd love to see my credit score. However, i have no idea where to look for, can you please show me how ? Thank you very much
    Please use My Orange Key: 14665257S1 for opening an Tangerine account
    $50 Koodo bill credit bonus refer Click here

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

woooo Maybe I will sign up one. Do they offer the deal on their website somewhere?
    Free $175 CASH BONUS open Tangerine bank account $50=chequing, $25=savings, $100=savings program use 36121543S1as the'orange key' CAll1-888-826-4374 refer family/friends,$50 to you + $175 to them Earn up to $3,250 Visithttp://www.tangerine.ca/en/referafriend/index.html

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Are u in Ontario? Equifax or transunion will give u a credit report. If u do it through equifax, by fax or mail in the form, it's free! Checking your rating/score does not hurt /effect your score

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I signed up for one thinking that I would be turned down, and I was absolutely shocked when it arrived in the mail. How they expect someone to use it and pay it off when they have no income AT ALL is a bit looney to me! Shredded. The $5 gift card went to groceries!
    Step away from my coupon binder and no one gets hurt.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I decline most credit card offers. I consider this no-fee Walmart card a real benefit coz of the cashback rewards. I haven't seen anything that offer anything better in terms of cashback. I also like the fact that you can redeem the rewards as soon as you earn them...you don't have to wait until end of the year, like some other cash back credit cards.

*Loves coupons*
    Trading Score
    116 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by seakingasia View Post
    I'd love to see my credit score. However, i have no idea where to look for, can you please show me how ? Thank you very much
    I will get all the info on how to do this mine did cost me $18 and some cents but well worth it as it printed off all the info I need my cried score and credit report and even gave me all the phone numbers of all the card companies ... and told me all loans I had ever had.... etc....
    I will get all the info and let you know as soon as I get it thanks

*Loves coupons*
    Trading Score
    116 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by delynn View Post
    I will get all the info on how to do this mine did cost me $18 and some cents but well worth it as it printed off all the info I need my cried score and credit report and even gave me all the phone numbers of all the card companies ... and told me all loans I had ever had.... etc....
    I will get all the info and let you know as soon as I get it thanks

UP DATE......

www.primericacanada.com and then enter the code 1LWAM in the lower right hand side of the main page.....it is threw Equifax.. it cost $18.45... and to me well worth it.... Because on mine my address wasn't right and a few other things.. and these reports are what others like Banks and card company's look at about you... So very inporant thing to have your information right on them I hope I helped some out there with this any more questions just send me a message thank you

Frugalmom
    Trading Score
    108 (100%)

Thats great Delynn. Thanks. Just one question. Would a WM card show up on my credit score if I signed up but didn't activate my card? Maybe a silly question???

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I got this credit card but cancelled it recently because the MBNA Mastercard offers 5% cash back on the first $600 spent in a month on groceries and gas and 3% there after and after the first 6 months, it is 3% on groceries and gas on the first $600 and 1% there after. **They consider Walmart Superstores a grocery store** Which is awesome!

Keep in mind that you can only redeem Walmart cash back in increments of $5. That's what turned me off it....the free $20 was nice though....

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by emma008 View Post
    Walmart lady came up to me and offer me 5$ for signing up for a Walmart Mastercard. After signing up and receiving your card, you can get another $15 in walmart rewards. So, altogether you get 20$ free.

Unfortunate for me, I already have a Walmart MC. I think this card is great if shop at Walmart. you can earn 1% in rewards on anywhere you shop; 1.25% on every dollar you shop at walmart.
    Thanks but sorry not interested

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by staceym View Post
    I got this credit card but cancelled it recently because the MBNA Mastercard offers 5% cash back on the first $600 spent in a month on groceries and gas and 3% there after and after the first 6 months, it is 3% on groceries and gas on the first $600 and 1% there after. **They consider Walmart Superstores a grocery store** Which is awesome!

Keep in mind that you can only redeem Walmart cash back in increments of $5. That's what turned me off it....the free $20 was nice though....

that is an awesome credit card!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks!
    Wanna get paid giftcards and Paypal cash? Join Swagbucks right now!
    Don't you want free giftcards, prizes and money just for clicking?
    I've earned $180! Join Superpoints today

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information