User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Not sure if everyone is aware of this, but if an item scans incorrectly at checkout, it's FREE!!! I don't know if all stores follow this rule, but I've gotten free stuff at No Frills, Loblaws, RCSS and Wal-Mart with this rule. But you have to do your part...you have to watch the register and know your prices. Sometimes, things go so fast that things get missed, but if you see a price go in incorrectly, stop the cashier and tell them that's the incorrect price. They will then call for price check. Sometimes, they just enter the correct price which at that point, you have to say, "If it scans incorrectly, it's free, right?" and then they'll reluctantly do it. Some cashiers just do it because they know the rule, but some try to slide it past you. Today, I got a free box of Mini Wheats at No Frills, yesterday I got 2 free Sea Quest Frozen Salmon at No Frills, and I've gotten free diapers at RCSS and Loblaws.

Happy shopping!
    This thread is currently associated with: Loblaws, No Frills, Real Canadian Superstore RCSS, Walmart, Shoppers Drug Mart, Sobeys

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

That's what SC's call a SCOP!!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

I love SCOP !!!

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Yes it's the scanning code of practice. There are more stipulations than what you have written, it's not always free sometimes it's just $10 off.
    There are many threads on SC that you can read about this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

yup SCOP..$10 or less FREE over $10 get $10 off.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Old news. There are smartcanuck "SCOP"ers for well over 6 years.....here's a link from 2006.....
    http://smartcanucks.ca/canadian-code...rice-accuracy/

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

note also that taxes should be discounted on SCOP. The cashiers often forget to do that

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tryinkcom View Post
    Old news. There are smartcanuck "SCOP"ers for well over 6 years.....here's a link from 2006.....
    http://smartcanucks.ca/canadian-code...rice-accuracy/

Maybe new news to this person

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by emma008 View Post
    note also that taxes should be discounted on SCOP. The cashiers often forget to do that

how do you take taxes off of zero

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think it is really cute and refreshing to hear the excitement and enthusiam in this post by silverbullet71. Obviously this is a recent discovery for silverbullet71 and I think it should be read with a smile, not met with sarcasm.

BTW, the scanning price has to be higher than the shelf price or the advertised price in order to satisfy the rules of this code, and for the consumer to receive the item for free or discounted by $10.

Here is the policy from the Retail Council of Canada;

1. THE ITEM FREE SCANNER POLICY

Retailers will implement an Item Free Scanner Policy as follows:

1.1 On a claim being presented by the customer, where the scanned price of a product at checkout is higher than the price displayed in the store or than advertised by the store, the lower price will be honoured;and
    • (a) if the correct price of the product is $10 or less, the retailer will give the product to the customer free of charge; or
      (b) if the correct price of the product is higher than $10, the retailer will give the customer a discount of $10 off the corrected price.

And here is the link to the Retail Council if anyone would like to read the whole thing;

http://www.retailcouncil.org/advocac...racy02_eng.asp

Trading Score
    135 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig_Lover View Post
    I think it is really cute and refreshing to hear the excitement and enthusiam in this post by silverbullet71. Obviously this is a recent discovery for silverbullet71 and I think it should be read with a smile, not met with sarcasm.

BTW, the scanning price has to be higher than the shelf price or the advertised price in order to satisfy the rules of this code, and for the consumer to receive the item for free or discounted by $10.

Here is the policy from the Retail Council of Canada;

1. THE ITEM FREE SCANNER POLICY

Retailers will implement an Item Free Scanner Policy as follows:

1.1 On a claim being presented by the customer, where the scanned price of a product at checkout is higher than the price displayed in the store or than advertised by the store, the lower price will be honoured;and
    • (a) if the correct price of the product is $10 or less, the retailer will give the product to the customer free of charge; or
      (b) if the correct price of the product is higher than $10, the retailer will give the customer a discount of $10 off the corrected price.

And here is the link to the Retail Council if anyone would like to read the whole thing;

http://www.retailcouncil.org/advocac...racy02_eng.asp
    +1

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutch View Post
    +1
    Ditto.

Which means that if the OP bought 2 salmons by themselves, only one of them should have been free.

jnazurk
    Trading Score
    132 (100%)

That's great silver bullet! Don't be discouraged by others-it's a fantastic feeling to get stuff for free and wanting to help others! I haven't been on this site long, but there seems to be a negative bug going around.
    I only discovered SCOPS last week too.
    I would have hoped this site was about celebrating each other's successes and being encouraging, but it doesn't seem to be that way.
    Keep it up!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It is not practiced everywhere & is supposed to only be up to a 10$ value.

Mario's best friendლ(ಠωಠლ MangoFruit's Avatar
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

This is called SCOP.

This only applies if the scanned price is higher than the shelf price. Also max is 10$ discount.
    I've gotten more than 300$ of gift cards. You can also do so by joining swagbucks:
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/MangoFruit
    Also, Start out with 25 points on SUPERPOINTS: http://superpoints.com/join/airujo

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information