User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Do You Wash Your Hair Daily?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hello
    I'm a hairstylist, so my advice to you is; don't shampoo your hair more than 3 times a week or unless its dirty. Sometimes when you shampoo your hair everyday yours scalp gets too dry and then your oil glands sense that they need to produce more oil. This why people who shampoo their hair everyday claim that their hair gets oily by the end of the day. Plus there is nothing better than your natural oil.
    Cheers Sidrah

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Nope. I've always felt dirty/oily on the second day, even when I didn't wash it every day. It really does depend on your hair type and whether or not you have oily skin.

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

I love yer name Sidrah, very pretty
    I have long hair, I shampoo 2x a week, more if I'm going out. I use salon shampoo, anything else dries my hair out and makes my scalp itchy. If I use any other shampoo, my hair is greasy fast, but something in the salon stuff slows that down. Not sure what it is. Sidrah, any answer as to why by any chance?
    LF: $ 4.00 off any covergirl, 2.00 axe,RLF ARMSTRONG cheese, black diamond, 3.00 gain. 2.00 Majesta. Have 5.00 walmart gc.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Once-twice a week. My hair is very unmanageable when out of the shower and also doesn't get oily or greasy until the 4th day. I don't feel dirty my hair actually feels very fresh. But I totally understand people who shower every to everyother day because each type of hair is different.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by recessionisnotfun View Post
    I love yer name Sidrah, very pretty
    I have long hair, I shampoo 2x a week, more if I'm going out. I use salon shampoo, anything else dries my hair out and makes my scalp itchy. If I use any other shampoo, my hair is greasy fast, but something in the salon stuff slows that down. Not sure what it is. Sidrah, any answer as to why by any chance?
    Same here.. I can't shelf products in my hair. I think may be because it actually cleans your hair and gets rid of gunk and oil compared to store items. I pay about $26 for two small bottles but it lasts forever because I don't need much shampoo. Worth splurging over

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I shampoo only once a week with a salon shampoo,but every second day,I wet my hair in the shower and use conditioner.This really keeps my colour fresh and my hair smelling really good. If I have a great workout at the gym,I will shower and just rinse my hair with conditioner as well. I've been using this method for a couple of years and my hair and scalp are healthy,and no thinning yet!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I shampoo & condition my hair & shower everyday. I put one pump of shampoo on my hands rub them together and lather. I only condition near the ends. My hair is mid way down my back, fine & straight.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I usually wash mine about 3X a week.
    If you are thinking of joining Listia, use my referral http://www.listia.com/signup/736035

Why not give swagbucks a try?? You'll be glad you did! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/bonste

Trading Score
    48 (100%)

I have very short hair and excema so I only wash about 2x a week. Dirty short hair styles way better and if I shampooed every day I think my scalp would fall off. I have even tried RX shampoo but to no luck so I use ones with the natural oils such as macadamia and argan to replace the oils that I have just washed off.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

I shampoo my hair about 3 times a week - I put it up in clips 99% of the time anyway as well.
    My hair is longer than shoulder length, I guess about shoulder blade length.

I alternate between Pantene and L'Oreal for each wash; I find that works the best for me, and my hair is always very soft.

I do not like Aveeno hair products at all - I don't like the smell of them, and I find them very watery; thankfully I only bought a small amount of the stuff.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    60 (100%)

I don't think you should need more than a loonie size dollop . My thick, really wavy hair used to be down to my waist, and I used only a bit more than that. I wash my hair every 2-3 days now - it gets incredibly dried out if I do it more often than that, plus it's a lot of work to get my hair dry and I don't want to do it more than I have to

Trading Score
    201 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by xox2010 View Post
    I'm a daily hair washer too. My hair is down to my shoulders, and is fine but I have lots of it. If I don't wash it daily, it gets greasy and gross.
    ditto! plus I feel dirty if I dont wash it daily...
    Get paid for your opinion! http://legerweb.com/J4Z12
    Join Swagbucks and earn free money and giftcards!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/melissabrien

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

My hair is semi-feral,lol.It's waist length and the ends are uncut and taper.I don't use styling products(except a little hairspray in front)and I keep it braided for work.I can go 4 days before I need to wash it,and only shampoo my scalp w/a loonie sized blob.It's VERY low maintenance,although I have to cut my bangs frequently.Conditioner is for the ends every couple of months.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

yeah, you are acturely right!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by slayer_glade View Post
    Palm size? Like literally the size of your palm? If so, that's a lot lol. My hair is down past my bra strap and I use half a palm for first shampoo then half that for the second. Your shampoo might not lather as well as mine so that could be why you need to use more.

I dont wash my hair every day. If I do, it dries up. Max three times a week for me, like your friends. There's nothing "ewww" about it. I still shower, I just skip the shampoo.

We all have different hair. Some can wash everyday and others can't. You have to do what's right for you. Since I have long hair, I can wear it down one day, half up the next and ponytail the day after. You have short hair so it limits a bit what you can do so that's probably a part of the reason why you wash it everyday.
    same, I would have a frizzy dry birds nest if I washed every day
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information