User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Do You Wash Your Hair Daily?

Trading Score
    84 (100%)

I have shoulder length fine hair and have switched to washing every second day. I used to have extremely oily hair, but that's changing over time. Now washing every day made it very very dry. I use a quarter size, twice. Palm size is way too much in my opinion.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i wash my hair every thursday.

Trading Score
    52 (100%)

I was my hair everyday... I wish I didn't need to wash it everyday, but it gets oily looking if i don't...
    I've earned $125 in Amazon GCs in 7 months with SWAGBUCKS! Click here & get started: http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/LCFIXE
    AMEX GOLD REWARDS CARD - 1st year FREE & get 25,000 AEROPLAN POINTS when you spend $500 in first 3 months: </SPAN>Click Here</SPAN>

Trading Score
    211 (100%)

I very rarely use shampoo on my hair. Usually just wet it and use conditioner and afterwards a smoothing creme or serum. I only use shampoo if my hair is actually dirty or smelly which is not often at all. I think a 300 ml bottle of shampoo would last me more than a year. My hair is very long dry and curly.
    Amazon and Starbucks GiftCards for Searching the net? Yes I did and so can you!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/canadianbugga

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Depends, everyday or every second day.
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Have very short hair and wash it twice a week on average...during the summer tend to wash it more often.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I keep my hair bob length to just the shoulder, it's curly but fine (not thick at all). I wash every couple of days. I normally straighten it, and need to let it air dry (time consuming), plus I find it looks nicer on the 2nd and 3rd day (if I go that long before I wash).

I've been told the "no shampoo" method is actually great for curly hair because the natural oils keep the curls tame (my curls are super unruly after shampoo, but once the oil settles back in they tend to calm down, so I can see the logic here). I just prefer to style my hair straight.
    Did you see the pool? They flipped the B!tch!

I'm going to South Korea!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by LCF204 View Post
    I was my hair everyday... I wish I didn't need to wash it everyday, but it gets oily looking if i don't...
    Have you tried using any dry shampoos for days you don't want to wash? Klorane makes a great one, one of the best ones I've tried.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Everyday. I do not want to be smelly after cooking. I have waist-length hair. I use hair conditioner twice a week to keep them healthy.

If it's free it's for me! newwestcouponer's Avatar
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I have frizzy hair too, using a lot of shampoo is the WORST thing you can do! I don't use shampoo at all, only conditioner.
    At first when you stop using shampoo it might look greasy, so you can wean yourself off of it slowly to avoid the greaseball look.
    If I reeeeaaaaaally need to shampoo, I'll use a dime sized amount and lather it between my palms so it strips less of the oils from my hair. Oil is your friend! You don't need shampoo!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I'm every second day. I also shower every second day as well. I have psoriasis so being in the water really bothers my skin a lot.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I have medium length hair and extremely oil scalp. My scalp get oily a few hours after I wash it. Has to wash my hair every other day. I also use palm size shampoo in order to remove all the oil. I've tried to use less like a quarter size and it never lather up enough to properly cleanse my hair and I have to apply shampoo the second time. It just save me time by using enough shampoo in the first place. Also I can't stand wet hair so I blow dry my hair year round even on the hottest summer day. My hair used to smell like roses even after 5 days (without washing) but in the last few years things go downhill and my scalp smells bad by the second day.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I use to wash everyday, but my hair would get dry and frizzy, now I wash every other day.

NovaScotianCouponer
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My hair is extremely thick and long and I have to wash mine everyday or it gets oily and it's disgusting. I use both shampoo and conditioner now because if I use the 2in1, it doesn't work as well for me. I also can't use Pantene anymore because it leaves too much residue in my hair and thickens it a lot more. I still have to variate my shampoos though (I mix between Herbal Essences, Finesse, Head & Shoulders, L'Oreal and the Salon Brand I got for Christmas).

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I'm horribly addicted to that squeaky clean sound after I shampoo my hair twice. (Is there a support group for that?) I know you're not supposed to wash your hair every day but I hate feeling at all sticky or oily anywhere. Sometimes, I've been known to wash twice a day because it's too humid outside and the sticky air makes me feel sticky.

I have been able to keep to using a quarter sized amount for shampoo and keep conditioner at the ends though. The foaming agents added to the shampoo have nothing to do with how well it cleans and I get the same level of clean each time.

When I lived out in the country, the air was a lot less polluted. Then, I really would shampoo once every other day. Now in the city, as soon as I go out, I need to shower as soon as I get back inside. I find my hair absorbs an "outdoor" smell. It also absorbs smells from restaurants, cigarette smoke, cooking, etc.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information