User Tag List

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Do You Wash Your Hair Daily?

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I have long hair down my waist and I wash it every night. I find it behaves better when I wash it at night, blow dry right away, and let it cool completely (1 hour) before going to bed. I don't even need to brush in the morning. A major benefit of being Chinese, I guess.

Most Chinese I know wash their hair twice a week. Smells terrible! That oily smell... I can't stand it. Looks alright from a distance. They will tell you that washing it less frequently makes your hair look that good, but it really doesn't. Some will tell you that washing it so frequently will give you headache, that's when you know they are insane.

Everyone says I have really nice hair. My secret is to eat well. Nothing beats a healthy
    diet to looking good. I only ever eat real food. The kind that doesn't come in a box, and spoil within days.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

There's no way I could wash my hair daily. It's long and incredibly thick and between washing, drying and styling, I'm looking at about 2.5 hours, and that's using a blow dryer. Leaving it to air dry, it could easily take 8+ hours. I just don't have the time :/

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i could never wash my hair daily either, once a week is enough.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My hair is going to be so much dull in winter. And its getting rough, I think I use too much shampoo as well.I wash my hair every two days but by then its always so greasy. but I didn't think wshing it everyday was a good idea. Probably washing it everyday with a little bit of shampoo is good?
    <table cols="1" frame="VOID" rules="NONE" border="0" cellspacing="0"> <colgroup><col width="885"></colgroup> <tbody> <tr> <td height="17" width="885" align="LEFT">myob courses</td> </tr> </tbody> </table>

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

i have to wash hair everyday for 2 reasons
    1. if i dont my hair will look unwashed like i have not washed it in a week as my scalp makes extra oil
    2. I work in a consesion stand part time to get extra school money when i go i leave smelling of grease and hotdogs and popcorn so that gets into my hair and smells awufull

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

My hair is down to the middle of my back and it's about medium thickness.
    I wash it every three days in the winter, as my scalp gets really dry if it gets washed more often than that!
    I do, however tie my hair up in a bun on most days. If I leave it down, my hair feels ridiculously dirty after one day. :S
    My hair get's washed more often in the summer, about once every 2 days. If I'm at the beach or running/sweating I'll get washed that night no matter what. lol
    But when I'm camping...I can go up to 3-4 days without washing my hair...!!! haha, I can be dirt bag like that.

As for shampoo...I use about a quarter size and focus mainly around my roots. The bubbles make their way to the ends and that's all I need. I will use a second shampoo (nickle size dollop) if my hair feels extra gross. I leave conditioner on for 2-3 mins and rinse.

Oh and I avoid the hairdryer as much as possible!
    Get a $5 sign up bonus @ EBATES.ca -------------------- Come join me on WAGJAG!
    P.S. The cash out minimum for Ebates is $5.01!

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

My hair is fine and halfway down my back...I wash two or three times a week with a toonie sized amount of shampoo and a little conditioner. It's up in a pony or bun most of the time anyway.

Has anyone converted to the no poo method? I've heard lots of chatter, but have never done it myself.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Wash my hair every day. I can't stand the way it looks or smells if I don't.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

i wash my hair every other day. i've also noticed that my hair and scalp are becoming drier with age. i used to be able to use any shampoo and conditioner without any problems. nowadays, i have choose the hydrating type from higher end brands. the cheaper stuff makes my hair oily fast
    Enjoy chatting on forums or blogs? Get paid $0.05+ per post at Postloop!

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by AmberLab View Post
    My hair is fine and halfway down my back...I wash two or three times a week with a toonie sized amount of shampoo and a little conditioner. It's up in a pony or bun most of the time anyway.

Has anyone converted to the no poo method? I've heard lots of chatter, but have never done it myself.
    I didn't shampoo my hair until the last day I was in Cuba this past week. I found my hair felt very different but since it's naturally very curly, keeping the extra oil in my hair made it behave better, otherwise I would have had to put lots of product in it after every dip in the water....

I did the no poo thing not on purpose years ago, when I used to dye my hair with semi-permanent dyes (like Manic Panic)....no one noticed that I didn't shampoo it...

My grammar is awful, I"m sorry I've definitely been up since 3:30am...
    Did you see the pool? They flipped the B!tch!

I'm going to South Korea!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have very fine (once described as baby hair by a hair dresser lol!) mid-back length hair and wash it 3 times a week with a quarter size of shampoo and more recently conditioner. I use to shampoo my hair twice but after living in Ghana for three months with a limited supply of shampoo (and water lol!) I started just shampooing once and kept on with it when I came back home and it works just as well. I find my hair looks better on the second day! I think its because the shampoos I use are very strong and wash out all the oils, so by the second day I suppose that the majority of them have returned. Anyone have the same problems and can recommend a 'gentle' shampoo? My usual brands are Herbal Essences, Fructis Garnier, and Head and Shoulders. I used to love Pantene but I found that it actually stripped my hair of colour! My hair's natural colour is dark brown-black and now after using Pantene for so long its turned into a lighter shade. Looks like I had a bad dye job lol (luckily its not too bad, you can't tell in regular lighting )

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wash your hair twice as if you do it many times or everyday your scalp will be dry and you will get dandruff in your hair.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I wash my hair 3 days after i washed it. Mines start to get greasy after 3days, so basically it's 2 days a week for me, and it HAS to be a shampoo (2in1) with not so much moisturizer because if i use that it will totally make me wash my hair 2 days after i washed it because it gives me too much oils, i got oily/fine hair so i need a shampoo to meet my exact needs. Volumizer shampoo is great, and also head and shoulders. I heard pert plus has a line that says "light conditioner" (2in1), medium, and forgot the other last name of it.
    Code:

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I wash hair in two or three times in a week.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I shower once a day for 4 minutes per day. I only use shampoo twice a week, though and have found it works wonders.
    Everytime you like my post I give the dog in my display picture a big *KISS!*

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information