User Tag List

Learning to Relax NovaScotiaGirl's Avatar
    Trading Score
    67 (100%)

Just wondering if anyone here uses Telus as their home service provider for
    tv, internet and cable? And is so is optik better than satellite?
    Have you had any problems?
    Just wondering as Shaw is getting way to expensive since changed to digital.
    This thread is currently associated with: Telus

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    16 (100%)

I have not personally used Telus as a bundle but I know people who have and they've told me it sucks. Every time the weather is bad there's no TV.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I have not used Telus-they always seem to want to lock you into a 3 year contract which I do not wish to do but I agree Shaw is pricey.

Quote Originally Posted by NovaScotiaGirl View Post
    Just wondering if anyone here uses Telus as their home service provider for
    tv, internet and cable? And is so is optik better than satellite?
    Have you had any problems?
    Just wondering as Shaw is getting way to expensive since changed to digital.

Trading Score
    67 (100%)

Thanks for the input

mhk
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    69 (100%)

I agree Shaw is so pricey!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Shaw is a bit pricey but you aren't locked into a contract and there are no extra fees every month. When we had our home phone and internet through Telus we found that it was a set price but then every month they had all these additional charges on top of the monthly fee that they don't tell you about.......paper bill fee, admin fee, etc, etc, etc. When we switched to Shaw, we initially thought it was going to cost more but it actually cost less because what they say you pay is what you pay, no extra surprises on the bill. We have had all our services with Shaw for about 5 years now and won't go back to Telus.

Trading Score
    67 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by LynnM View Post
    Shaw is a bit pricey but you aren't locked into a contract and there are no extra fees every month. When we had our home phone and internet through Telus we found that it was a set price but then every month they had all these additional charges on top of the monthly fee that they don't tell you about.......paper bill fee, admin fee, etc, etc, etc. When we switched to Shaw, we initially thought it was going to cost more but it actually cost less because what they say you pay is what you pay, no extra surprises on the bill. We have had all our services with Shaw for about 5 years now and won't go back to Telus.
    Thanks alot thought it was worth asking about but I think I will stay put with Shaw for now. Thanks all.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have Telus as a bundle and have for 3-4 years now and have never had an issue. My bill is $99 for phone, internet, and TV, and even after long distance and all that, my bill seldom exceeds $125. We have multiple TV boxes in the house too, which we are not charged extra for.
    As far as outages, not sure if maybe I am just a lucky one reading through these posts, but in 3-4 years, we have never had a single outage. Even when they needed to upgrade their equipment, they called, made the appointment, changed it over and all was good... no service interruption at all.
    I work with alot of people who are (or were) through Shaw and they are forever complaining about outages and expensive service, along with really poor service when there is an issue. I am happy to say I have converted several of them to Telus, and so far, they all thank me for it.

Trading Score
    38 (100%)

I'm not in calgary but we have Telus optik tv and internet and phone. We actually have our long distance with another company, but it's still considered part of the bundle--I guess because we still pay for the land line every month.

I LOVE my telus tv. I am so glad we switched from Shaw. We very rarely have issues if the weather is bad (one day when there was really high winds last summer it was a bit flicky but it was only for about 2 hours). We do live in a newer neighborhood though and the cable comes from fibre optic lines so maybe that has something to do with it.

One of my favorite features is that we can rent the extra boxes, so the startup expense is less than shaw (vs. not buying the hardware outright first) and if you change your mind after you're done with your contract you can return the hardware and not be stuck trying to sell an expensive receiver on kijiji. We also signed up when they had the free HP laptop deal so we got a really nice laptop for my husband, paying only $10/mnth for 3 years...worth it to us because we wouldn't go buy a $300 computer for him but he did need one so he doesn't have to use my mac all the time.

I also like the fact that Telus has an iphone app and I can record my shows on the pvr from wherever I am!!!

The internet is fast and I couldn't be happier now that I have telus and finally got rid of shaw. I found Shaw so overpriced and the packages/channels I get with Telus are better and cheaper.

hope this helps!

EASY PAYPAL $$ - GetCashForSurveys - receive $50 free when you take your first paid survey! Brand new site--now open to Canadian residents, reserve your spot before it's full--get paid for your opinion!

My Wish List in under 'About Me' on my profile page

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I have a bundle, switched from Bell Satelite. My bill for internet, TV, and phone and 4 PVR boxes is around $89 for 12 months, then will go up to $99. Previosly only for TV i was paying 129. Same channels as now. I don't have a contract. I am generally happy with the internet and phone, with TV, sometimes the PVR"d show will pause and say no conection to the box, and I have to restart it. But it happens only with one of the boxes. But I am willing to handle this minor inconvinience for the price that I am getting.

Thread Information