User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

With the welcoming of many new members recently, I'd like to take a moment to educate or remind members on how we approach the issue of reposting on Smart Canucks. Here is the criteria:

If the member has less than 100 posts

A new member can sometimes try helping and might post a freebie or deal that has been posted numerous times. If they repost, post in the wrong section or do anything that is incorrect on SC because they are new please thank them normally for the post and do not mention it's a repost or it was posted in wrong section. Simply use the report button on the side of each post and it will be moved or merged as needed.

Even if that member has many reposts don't tell them it's a repost as long as their total posts is under 100. When the moderators clean up the forums the reposts will simply be merged with the original post or moved out.

If the member has 100 - 200 posts

Still somewhat a newbie. You can mention it's a repost but it has to be along the lines of "This has been posted before but thanks for reminding me" Or use the report button on the side of each post and it will be moved or merged as needed.

If the member has more than 200 posts

Please feel free to mention it's a repost in a nice way and maybe mention the Google search feature.

If a member (200+ posts) continues to repost

Not considered a newbie anymore. Please report them to the moderators.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Great post!

My only question would be how you expect people with less then 100 post to learn from their mistakes if other members are asked NOT to tell them what they did wrong? I understand that this would need to be done in a polite manner, but if they are only thanked and reported with no explanation it could be 99 more misguided posts before anyone is allowed to explain the rule to them. The only other solution to this would be if upon seeing the reported thread the mods will PM the user explaining their error.

Just my thoughts.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by AmberLab View Post
    With the welcoming of many new members recently, I'd like to take a moment to educate or remind members on how we approach the issue of reposting on Smart Canucks. Here is the criteria:

Even if that member has many reposts don't tell them it's a repost as long as their total posts is under 100. When the moderators clean up the forums the reposts will simply be merged with the original post or moved out.
    I was not aware about the moderators cleaning up the forums and addressing reposts. This is good to know.
    Thank you.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Thank you... I've posted "thank you's" a lot but still sometimes post or repost wrongly . Learning.

OgresWife
    Trading Score
    52 (100%)

Thank you! I've only commented once on a repost, but now I know I can report it too! I was unsure of how "reporting" worked because I thought it was like reporting an offensive user, but if its just to a post (essentially) all the better!

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

As a Newbie I hope that if I repost or something like that you can always pm me and let me know , I see alot of items that arent free or things that should be marked over or whatnot that is far more annoying to me because I have to go through the whole thread to realize its over then a repost Just saying ....

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

A reminder for everyone to look at the suggestions based on your title before you create a new post too; you can easily see (in most cases) that what you are about to post matches posts already.

In order to see this, all you have to do is type in your title and then simply click on the message box; between your title & the message box, posts that may be similar will load. Check the location (as it may be expired) and see if it is a match to yours where you could simply add an update rather than another post.

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by OgresWife View Post
    Thank you! I've only commented once on a repost, but now I know I can report it too! I was unsure of how "reporting" worked because I thought it was like reporting an offensive user, but if its just to a post (essentially) all the better!
    The report button is used for many things! Offensive posts, questionable posts, signatures, rules/guidelines not being followed, things that may need to be moved to a more appropriate area, spam....just to name some!

To another response...mods merge/move many threads and write many PMs behind the scenes to keep things running smoothly. If people give consideration to tip threads like this one, it can help us out a lot more for mods behind-the-scenes work.

Thank you!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

When someone reposts too, I think others should look at the time of the other posts to compare. I got a couple rude remarks for a repost that was two mins after someone else posted the same thing. Obviously two mins apart, we were typing it out at the same time, because the other post never came up when I searched for it, nor when I started my thread. I found it a little upsetting to get attitude for something that wasn't my fault.

Thanks for sharing about the report option. I too thought it was only for offensive remarks, or inapproiate behaviour.
    Last edited by leda; Wed, Jan 18th, 2012 at 01:34 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I would also like to mention that everyone should read posts in a happy voice (no sarcasm) to avoid any post wars ...sometimes I have to remind my hubby that my texts messages to him are to be in this type of tone...thought I should mention here..

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks, its always good to be polite to everyone here specially newbies. That way they'll know that Smartcanucks is a kind and caring community.
    Wanna get paid giftcards and Paypal cash? Join Swagbucks right now!
    Don't you want free giftcards, prizes and money just for clicking?
    I've earned $180! Join Superpoints today

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    I was not aware about the moderators cleaning up the forums and addressing reposts. This is good to know.
    Thank you.
    We always have been/are. Theres only a few of us so things aren't always merged etc immediately. Its a large forum.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    33 (100%)

Thanks so much! As a newbie, I am still learning and it's nice to know that people are trying to make sure I am not rudely replied to for making honest mistakes.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by maliha44 View Post
    Thanks, its always good to be polite to everyone here specially newbies. That way they'll know that Smartcanucks is a kind and caring community.
    Thanks for your kind words!

As a newbie I realize that I have joined the party really really late, and missed all the really awesome things that have happened before I arrived.

It is likely a 'given' I am going to put my proverbial 'foot' in it when I finally get up the nerve to post for the first time. It's kindness like yours that will make me less terrified to do so!

Mario's best friendლ(ಠωಠლ MangoFruit's Avatar
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I usually report when I see something out of place.
    I've gotten more than 300$ of gift cards. You can also do so by joining swagbucks:
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/MangoFruit
    Also, Start out with 25 points on SUPERPOINTS: http://superpoints.com/join/airujo

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information