User Tag List

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

was at RCSS on Sargent tonight and had a little trouble redeeming the Hamburger Helper coupon where you get a free bag of Green Giant frozen veggies when you purchase a pkg of Hamburger Helper. anyway i had a handful of coupons to redeem so i usually try and make it easier for the cashier and i keep all the stuff that i'm buying with coupons at the end and i match them up with the coupons. when the cashier gets to the hamburger helper coupon she scans the bag of Green Giant veggies and then asks me where the Hamburger Helper is so that i'd be able to receive the veggies for free...i go to show her the box (which was the next product on the conveyor belt) and she says, 'no, you have to purchase a Hamburger Helper dinner kit-that's what the coupon says', and i tell her the box i have is the Hamburger Helper dinner kit and she keeps insisting that no i only have a box of Hamburger Helper and that i needed the 'kit'?? so i'm trying to tell her there is only one kind of Hamburger Helper and that inside the box there is noodles and a sauce mix which makes it a dinner kit..i even tell her to look at the picture. by this time she isn't too happy and she's making me aware of it! so she reluctantly scans the items through and saves all the coupons to ring through altogether. there were some items i had too that i just wanted to know the price on (i wished Superstore would have price scanners like the other stores do!) and when i told her i didn't want them she says to me -so you don't want them??? with tons of attitude! uggghhhh! and she was huffing and puffing and just being mean! and the BEST part was when i reached the maximum limit for coupons and she had to call a supervisor to override...made her even more mad--more sighing and eyerolling! boo...i just wanted to get out of there! especially cause the people behind me in line were complaining loudly! i was so happy when it was all finished..i thanked the cashier when she gave me my receipt and ran out as fast as i could! i complained to my husband all night about this Hamburger Helper 'dinner kit' fiasco and sorry to you SCers for my long and drawn out story but i had to get it off my chest...thanks for listening!
    This thread is currently associated with: Real Canadian Superstore RCSS

Trading Score
    513 (100%)

oh wow some people are just plain rude

Winnipeg Airmiler
    Trading Score
    215 (100%)

It is tough when you get a teller who doesn't like couponers. Don't worry, as you gain your couponer experience you will get to know the good tellers to go through. Next time you are at Superstore, tag one of the employees on the floor (they have the scanners on them) and get them to price check for you - will make your experience a little less stressful.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I've used coupons twice at Sargent and both times I've had trouble. On Friday I had over the $10 limit so the CSM came and I could tell she didn't want to approve my McCain coupons for the thin crust pizza but because it was so busy she finally reluctantly rang them in. I think I'll be price matching at Walmart from now on! and I agree on the price scanners, it's such a pain because there's always something at Superstore that I don't know what the price is.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Yikes!!! Not fun. Does your store have self-check out? If so, I find that the easiest way to use coupons at Superstore. I don't have people behind me in the same way as at the regular check outs and if it takes them a few extra minutes to do the coupons and the over-ride it is much less awkward.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I usually do my shopping at sargent but it is becoming increasingly hard to use coupons there. I was there on Friday with a client of mine trying to buy diapers and wipes for her kids. I used the 5$ off diapers and then tried to use the 2.50$ off wipes when you buy diapers. The cashier told me I couldn't use the wipes coupon. I told him he was wrong and asked to speak to a CSM. She came up and told me I would have to buy another pack of diapers in order to use the wipes coupon. I was so PO. The keep making up their own rules. This is the 3rd time this CSM has told me I can't use certain coupons. The last one she told me I couldn't use the 5$ off the Lysol automatic soap dispenser even thought it had my name on it. I plan to stay away from Sargent when using coupons.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cbam View Post
    The last one she told me I couldn't use the 5$ off the Lysol automatic soap dispenser even thought it had my name on it. I plan to stay away from Sargent when using coupons.

I had the same problem! I went one day and found they Lysol and got 2 no issues! then went back later on to get 2 more and the manager on at that time told me they don't accept the Lysol coupons because they were having trouble getting their money back from Lysol, went back the next day and got them??? So I guess some managers just don't like accepting coupons there, especially printables.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks for letting me know, as I will avoid the SS on Sargent.....Sorry for your trouble!

Trading Score
    386 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cbam View Post
    I usually do my shopping at sargent but it is becoming increasingly hard to use coupons there. I was there on Friday with a client of mine trying to buy diapers and wipes for her kids. I used the 5$ off diapers and then tried to use the 2.50$ off wipes when you buy diapers. The cashier told me I couldn't use the wipes coupon. I told him he was wrong and asked to speak to a CSM. She came up and told me I would have to buy another pack of diapers in order to use the wipes coupon. I was so PO. The keep making up their own rules. This is the 3rd time this CSM has told me I can't use certain coupons. The last one she told me I couldn't use the 5$ off the Lysol automatic soap dispenser even thought it had my name on it. I plan to stay away from Sargent when using coupons.

Well technically that would be like stacking wouldn't it? Because the coupon is $2.50 off when you buy diapers AND wipes. Not specifically for wipes?

Trading Score
    513 (100%)

You are correct - unless they had a different coupon - and that is why they could not use both coupons as you would have had to buy 2 diapers and 1 wipes

I have never had a problem at that Store - I guess it all depends on who is working

Quote Originally Posted by shmeelady View Post
    Well technically that would be like stacking wouldn't it? Because the coupon is $2.50 off when you buy diapers AND wipes. Not specifically for wipes?

Thread Information