User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by rewogd View Post
    The mom's pretty busy. She's keeps mentioning she'll take her to the doctor but hasn't quite yet. I could try the air time.
    I'm sorry, I misunderstood this part. I thought you meant she was just sluffing it off.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I do know that my nephew had a similar issue - his poop was always so runny and he was always really raw. My SIL switched to a rice milk or something like that, and he's been better since. So it's probably worth looking into the allergies.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

She can try changing diaper brands. My daughter had very bad rashes like you discribe and it was sensitivity to the brand of diaper.

Mennonite
    Trading Score
    152 (99%)

Ya I can see how that would make every one think that she has the "i don't care" attitude... I'm sorry. I just didn't feel that it's my place to go into to much details. I figured if I kept it vague then it wouldn't become a bash this mother thread. We've been brain storming for a while now and I need some new ideas

Quote Originally Posted by LG1385 View Post
    I'm sorry, I misunderstood this part. I thought you meant she was just sluffing it off.

Mennonite
    Trading Score
    152 (99%)

She uses huggies but I could suggest a different brand.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

My son had a rash like that just days ago. I switched him to soy formula and it is way better now. I also used coconut oil and A+D cream. Those seemed to work the best. I am sure that my son had a milk sensitivity, his poops were so acidic and now that he is on the soy, he is a way happier little man.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    59 (100%)

Poor girl,

As long as the skin stays moist, it will be difficult to heal so if you leave her nudie bum as much as possible so that the wounds can heal over and then once the skin isn't raw, the cream will help a lot more.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    52 (100%)

There is an excellent cream for diaper rash called Ihle's Paste and from what I know it can only be found at Shopper's Drug Mart, it's in the baby aisle. It is very thick(almost like cream cheese consistency), it cleared up my youngest diaper rash when all the other creams didn't work.
    Hope the little one heals quickly.

Mennonite
    Trading Score
    152 (99%)

Thank you. I'll tell her about this cream. Hopefully it works.

I also think the switching to soy milk is an excellent idea. to be honest allergies never really came to mind.

Trading Score
    84 (100%)

She needs a different cream from the doctor. It can speed healing and stop the screaming. My oldest son had bad bum rashes and yeast issues. Had to take him back to doc a few times. Yes, coincidental with teeth, but needed a Rx. (even after being treated for yeast). Best thing I found after the rashes calmed down is Burt's Bees diaper rash cream put on thick. Used it on my second son and no need to see doc at all.

Trading Score
    84 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thejetmama View Post
    There is an excellent cream for diaper rash called Ihle's Paste and from what I know it can only be found at Shopper's Drug Mart, it's in the baby aisle. It is very thick(almost like cream cheese consistency), it cleared up my youngest diaper rash when all the other creams didn't work.
    Hope the little one heals quickly.
    I've heard good things about this paste. Also apparently found at Costco.

Trading Score
    48 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by LG1385 View Post
    So did I. You must be a very patient person to be dealing with this all day long with someone else's baby. Cloth and soy perhaps.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

If you are really concerned and not sure about taking the time to go in to the doctors office call the 24 hours health link number 7804085465 and you can talk with a nurse 24 hours a day. They will suggest if the girl should be brought in. As a new mom I have called their plenty of times and they are very helpful.

Sorry didn't see until now that someone already posted the capital health link number.
    Last edited by elizabeths22; Tue, Jan 24th, 2012 at 05:37 PM.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I haven't had to deal with anything like that before but my cousin did. She tried everything the dr said to do and nothing was working. A friend of hers suggested to use Sudocream and it took a few days but cleared it up. I know Walmart and London Drugs have it both in stock. I've used it from day one with my son upon her suggestion and haven't had a problem. I'd also buy a small pack of Pampers and see if that makes any difference.
    pinkflowergirl86

RRLF most baby related coupons! PM me!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Use a good barrier cream (penaten or Ihles paste). We also use canesten cream or vagisil. They have a numbing ingredient in them to help take away the pain.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information