User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sguyot View Post
    I've been to mexico in the past and loved it!! However now that I have kids I wouldn't take the chance! However the thought of being in an airplane going anywhere with my kids (5, 4 and 1.5) scares the crap out of me!!! We're making an effort to explore Canada more, there's so much we have yet to see!
    Stats say way safer to fly then driving. So theres no reason to be scared really. I took my kids on a plane last year and were headed via plane to Florida next month

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

[QUOTE=pippinelkhound;4358917]Just came back from Mexico. Never had a problem.

Jamaica has just as much violence as do many other Carribean Islands. How about Florida?

[QUOTE]

The tourist areas in Jamaica are less violent then mexico. Obviously a tourist downtown Kingston at night is asking for trouble.

I wasn't even asked to buy weed. I'm going back in April and someone better ask me! (dont want any lol)

The drive to our resort in the Domincan was pretty scary.
    Last edited by Sally888; Thu, Jan 26th, 2012 at 08:44 PM.

Sexy Canadian Genius Miss_April's Avatar
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

I went to in 2007 to RIU Jalisco and had a fabulous time! went site seeing, even rode a city bus to the local walmart LOL (SCer or what?)

to say I would go now? yes I would. A beautiful resort, is a beautiful resort.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by pippinelkhound View Post
    Jamaica has just as much violence as do many other Carribean Islands. How about Florida?
    One of my firends woke up to find a pair of robbers ransacking thier room in Jamaica.

And i'm forever being forwarded "WTFOMGBBQ" gang/carjack e-mails about florida and tourists...

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    One of my firends woke up to find a pair of robbers ransacking thier room in Jamaica.

And i'm forever being forwarded "WTFOMGBBQ" gang/carjack e-mails about florida and tourists...
    People get robbed in Canada too

It happens everywhere unfortunately. Just last week our one unlocked vehicle was ransacked and people down the street had their seats cut and stuff.

I only stay at top notch resorts where non employees are not allowed even on the property. But I guess it depends all where and when you are. Theres being in the right place at the wrong time
    Last edited by Sally888; Thu, Jan 26th, 2012 at 09:35 PM.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sally888 View Post

I wasn't even asked to buy weed. I'm going back in April and someone better ask me! (dont want any lol)
    In more than one of our resorts in African countries, the security guards were more than high on the ole wackybaccy.

Fortunately they weren't armed....but they weren't adverse to a small spot of dealing. we declined.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Back in the day (before I got sick & took a major hit to my income). my best friend & I went to Cancun every year. I would go back in a heartbeat.

On the other hand, I wouldn't go near Jamaica for love nor money (have a friend from there who's told me horror stories about growing up there).

As for Florida, I love going there. Even if they have lousy signage on their highways (we ended up getting lost in Dade County, land of "Cops" - every time we saw a police car & wanted to ask for help, they were, uh, preoccupied ).

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

there are many places around the world that are worth traveling to and seeing.
    just because mexico is cheap, doesn't make it a place worth traveling to, with or without the violence.

out of all the places i have visited (including mexico) i enjoyed the far east countries very much (japan, thailand, indonesia) mexico is just blah.

resorts are ok, but you need to really get out and travel. hire a driver and go everywhere. see all the markets and beaches and mountains and historical sights. wheel and deal with the locals. that's traveling!
    Last edited by anisa; Thu, Jan 26th, 2012 at 10:27 PM.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    there are many places around the world that are worth traveling to and seeing.
    just because mexico is cheap, doesn't make it a place worth traveling to, with or without the violence.

out of all the places i have visited (including mexico) i enjoyed the far east countries very much (japan, thailand, indonesia) mexico is just blah.

resorts are ok, but you need to really get out and travel. hire a driver and go everywhere. see all the markets and beaches and mountains and historical sights. wheel and deal with the locals. that's traveling!
    This! I have never been the type of person that would want to travel somewhere and then sit by a pool/beach the entire vacation even if it is warmer LOL. I want to go shopping, go to different restaurants, sight see, go to museums/places of interest and just walk the streets like a local.

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Growing up in Carribean town is completely different then being a tourist. A lot are working poor and thats the norm.

I loved Jamaica, went in Nov and going back in 3 months. I did a city tour with a private driver, got to see all the hot spots and real Jamaica and I loved it. Not going to a country because someone said they didn't like it isn't logical Thats like never going to Germany because there use to be Hitler lol. Im just saying you can't base your decisions against one or a few things. My dad is the same way and was all upset that I was going to the Dominican because a Canadian was killed a month before in a robbery on the other side of the country.

I'd go to mexico now if I won a trip, otherwise its just not on my list.
    Last edited by Sally888; Thu, Jan 26th, 2012 at 10:58 PM.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

downtown detroit.

Nuff said.

Trading Score
    117 (100%)

Mexico's never been on my list of top spots to visit and probably won't ever be. So many other places to see, including within Canada; will focus on those.
    Imy "Other Money". Join the fun:
    *Swagbucks!!- http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Savvy5

I GOT GAME, DO YOU? gameprogirl's Avatar
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

I have no future plans to leave Canada. I love this country too much to even travel. Why go to another country when this one has everything
    Join Ebates for cashback on all purchases!
    http://www.ebates.ca/referrer?referrerid=Hm3B6tvDY78%3D

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sally888 View Post
    Growing up in Carribean town is completely different then being a tourist. A lot are working poor and thats the norm.
    Oh, I realize that. I guess I just have higher expectations from a Commonwealth country that what my friend says go on there.

As for Mexico, it has something that the islands don't have - pyramids.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

A trip to Mexico has never been in the cards, and with the increased violence reported against tourists makes it less appealing.
    The average dog
    is nicer
    than the average person.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information