User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gameprogirl View Post
    I have no future plans to leave Canada. I love this country too much to even travel. Why go to another country when this one has everything
    agreed that this country has a lot to see. each province is so unique

traveling around the world is sometimes more than just seeing unique places, it can be about learning about life in general.

we are a pretty grounded group of ppl :D but sometimes a little maintenance and adjustment keeps us growing.

i have been traveling around the world most of my life, and even now, each trip i take teaches me something. sometimes i need these trips to sort of put me in my place! it is sometimes the trips to countries that i am most connected to (historicly) that make me realize i have a lot of learning to do.

in any case, it's just fun and relaxation for the most part.

i have only seen 4 provinces, and have yet to explore the maritimes. someday
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I live on the prairies - our winters can be brutal. Going to a warm sunny place for a few weeks during the winter is almost a necessity, especially as I get older!

With the exception of a few trips with the eldest child, we didn't travel as a family until they were older. On our first tropical holiday, we knew we wanted to go back.

It's funny, those who don't ever go, don't know what they are missing. Those who do go, start planning their next trip (or at least dreaming about it) as soon as they get back!

If Canada had a place similar to Hawaii, you bet I'd choose to stay here; I would much rather promote my own country's economy, that's for sure.

Trading Score
    84 (100%)

It is very expensive to vacation here. We went to Calgary to the zoo, etc last summer. We added up the gas, food, etc and found for 4 days it was $700.00. Wish it was more reasonable.

Trading Score
    368 (100%)

Never again!!!! Mugged once, sick several times, stolen luggage, etc.
    Scary thing is.....we only hear about a small percentage of the murders, etc that go on down there.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Andit View Post
    Oh, I realize that. I guess I just have higher expectations from a Commonwealth country that what my friend says go on there.

As for Mexico, it has something that the islands don't have - pyramids.
    I'm obviously not going to change your mind but I have friends that grew up in Jamaica and love their country and go back as much as they can. Its just like someone that grew up in Toronto may have horrible stories. Doesnt mean I wont go there

Trading Score
    21 (88%)

i wouldn't go to Mexico... those resort type places don't appeal much to me. I've already been everywhere in Canada... I've done the west coast once and the east twice ( I was in-love with PEI when I was younger...Anne of green gables anyone?). I've seen Italy and Germany... countries across the world where there are things to explore and that are so full of culture are more appealing to me.

My hubby, though... other than a grade 8 trip to Quebec City has never been out of Ontario.... So the west coast will have to happen again! We are also doing some White Water Rafting on the Ottawa river this summer... it's tones of fun!

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sally888 View Post
    I'm obviously not going to change your mind but I have friends that grew up in Jamaica and love their country and go back as much as they can. Its just like someone that grew up in Toronto may have horrible stories. Doesnt mean I wont go there
    Sorry, I didn't mean to offend.

I was just trying to point out (very clumsily) that there are issues in many places, not just Mexico.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

nope - not even for free
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

At least they caught the guy who attacked Sheila Nabb.I don't believe his story though she was in the elevator naked.I bet he knocked on the door or may some noise in the hallway and pretended to be another guest who needed help then attacked her in the elevator and ripped her clothes off.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

At least they caught the guy who attacked Sheila Nabb.I don't believe his story though she was in the elevator naked.I bet he knocked on the door or may some noise in the hallway and pretended to be another guest who needed help then attacked her in the elevator and ripped her clothes off.

Trading Score
    154 (100%)

I'm so much in love with Hawaii, that other places are not on my radar. We have been three times since May 08. Just got back on Jan 16th. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, you so got to check it out! Mexico, whats that, lol ;-)
    jessekaa

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Andit View Post
    Sorry, I didn't mean to offend.

I was just trying to point out (very clumsily) that there are issues in many places, not just Mexico.
    Oh Im not offended, just lots of places out there with many shady things go on.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

I love Mexico and have been several times in the past but now no way - My family loves me too much to risk it.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jessekaa View Post
    I'm so much in love with Hawaii, that other places are not on my radar. We have been three times since May 08. Just got back on Jan 16th. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, you so got to check it out! Mexico, whats that, lol ;-)
    I don't see the point of going anywhere else either! Just got back early January, and am in the process of planning for next Christmas.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread Information