User Tag List

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi,

We are currently getting cable, internet and phone through Eastlink and thinking of going to Fibre Op.

Just would like some feedback if you've made the change and some tips for 'how to make your cable bill cheaper'...

Thank you.

ps: It is my first post, hope I am in the right section !
    This thread is currently associated with: Bell

slowly moving on...
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am a student and have three young kids, so I told my cable provider that I needed my bill to be a fixed cost in order to ensure that I could pay it every month and still have money left over for variables like groceries, etc. My situation was awesome in the sense that they decided to give me 10% off and lock in the price for a three year term - $85 gets me satellite tv, fibre optic internet and home phone with long distance. Just ask them to make it a fixed cost so you know exactly how much you will be spending, and if it's within your budget, for me it would be worth it.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thank you for your input !
    I phoned them today and managed to get a discount for a year which makes it much better so we are going to stay with our current provider.
    I am originally from Europe and I still can't believe how expensive cable and mobiles are in Canada. I love living here though. But still, I use to pay less than 40 euros a month for the same service (cable,internet and phone) which would be about less than 50 dollars. Thanks anyways ! I know it is not what the post is about (maybe I should post somewhere else for this) but being a student you may know which mobile company is cheaper. I am thinking of switching from Virgin to a cheaper provider. Any ideas? Thank you !

Thread Information