User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Today at 5:30 p.m. I stopped by Safeway on my way home from work. Three full Catelli tear pads were up as were several others. I took some coupons, did some shopping and came home. Unbeknownst to me, my husband, who knew I was on the 'extreme' hunt for the Catelli coupons happened to pop in at the same store 45 minutes later on his way home from work to see if he might be able to surprise me with some coupons. (I had sent him into a Safeway in Vancouver today...but no luck!)

Anyhow, to make a long story short....he came home and said "I tried again on my way home from work but all there was was an empty Utilisource stand next to the Catelli pasta."

I am so disappointed that three full tear pads disappeared in 45 minutes. These coupons are very thin and I would guess that there are at least 75 of them on each pad. I am not accusing anyone on SC of clearing out the three tear pads. I am, however, suggesting that when we see coupons on eBay or trade lists posted that have very high multiples of a coupon on them, we might want to stop and ask ourselves some questions before buying or trading.

Tear pads are posted on a honour system... it is unfortunate that not all couponers are honourable.
    This thread is currently associated with: Ebay, Guess, Safeway
    Last edited by DianneS; Mon, Jan 30th, 2012 at 10:30 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    208 (100%)

I saw that empty pad tonight. I'm hoping they will re-stock it.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    16 (100%)

I'm so sick of not being able to find things. I KNOW there is an SCer from VANCOUVER that goes hunting and stealing all of them and then BRAGS about how they "broke displays" or brags about how many coupons they took. UGH!!! So frustrating!!!!!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DianneS View Post
    Today at 5:30 p.m. I stopped by Safeway on my way home from work. Three full Catelli tear pads were up as were several others. I took some coupons, did some shopping and came home. Unbeknownst to me, my husband, who knew I was on the 'extreme' hunt for the Catelli coupons happened to pop in at the same store 45 minutes later on his way home from work to see if he might be able to surprise me with some coupons. (I had sent him into a Safeway in Vancouver today...but no luck!)

Anyhow, to make a long story short....he came home and said "I tried again on my way home from work but all there was was an empty Utilisource stand next to the Catelli pasta."

I am so disappointed that three full tear pads disappeared in 45 minutes. These coupons are very thin and I would guess that there are at least 75 of them on each pad. I am not accusing anyone on SC of clearing out the three tear pads. I am, however, suggesting that when we see coupons on eBay or trade lists posted that have very high multiples of a coupon on them, we might want to stop and ask ourselves some questions before buying or trading.

Tear pads are posted on a honour system... it is unfortunate that not all couponers are honourable.
    It happens in Langley also, soooo frustrating!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

3 tear pads with 75-100 coupons each is around $200 worth of coupons. That is just ridiculous!!!

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

OMG That sucks so bad blah errrrr

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Dang! All I want is a few! I still have not seen them!
    gone shopping!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Only time I can ever get to the stores is at night and there is NEVER any tear pads out...it is very frustrating...

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bchockeymom View Post
    Only time I can ever get to the stores is at night and there is NEVER any tear pads out...it is very frustrating...
    I went yesterday at 9:30 and there was still lots of everything but Catelli. Don't give up the search.

Trading Score
    81 (97%)

Quote Originally Posted by BCSparkyGirl View Post
    Dang! All I want is a few! I still have not seen them!
    i put a few aside for you!
    pm me your address if you want them asap or can wait until next meeting

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by pmoonie View Post
    i put a few aside for you!
    pm me your address if you want them asap or can wait until next meeting
    Aww, lady, you rock! It can wait, Im in no big rush.
    gone shopping!

Trading Score
    174 (100%)

I don't even waste the gas driving from store to store looking for coupons anymore because I don't find anything. If I happen to be going to that store I will look, and I will only ever take a few of each coupon. Taking whole tearpads...especially to sell them, is just wrong...I wish people would stop doing it!
    RRLF COKE PINS and LUNCHMATE PINS

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

last night I was at a local SDM where there was a new lot of tear pads put out -- one lady took a plier looking thing out of her bag - CLIPPED the wide end of the stick right off and took ALL the coupons! as she was putting the pliers AND coupons into her purse -- she looked at me and rudely said "what the "F&(#$ are you looking at?" and walked away! WTH is going on in the world today -- are coupons SO fricken important to have and hoard and then expect people to PAY you to have some when they could also have gotten them for free?? that is theft and if I EVER see this person at a coupon swap or meeting - be ready for me -- I will call you out!! CRAZY!!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

This is happening in Nanaimo too. A day or two after they are put out they are ALL gone. I don't even know why I bother anymore.
    Create a safer home, save money & space by cleaning with Norwex. Ask me for more details!
    my blog - imonglue.com

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

your post made my day ..i dont even look for coupons abymore bcoz i knw i wont finde any
    Quote Originally Posted by Grkscrapper View Post
    last night I was at a local SDM where there was a new lot of tear pads put out -- one lady took a plier looking thing out of her bag - CLIPPED the wide end of the stick right off and took ALL the coupons! as she was putting the pliers AND coupons into her purse -- she looked at me and rudely said "what the "F&(#$ are you looking at?" and walked away! WTH is going on in the world today -- are coupons SO fricken important to have and hoard and then expect people to PAY you to have some when they could also have gotten them for free?? that is theft and if I EVER see this person at a coupon swap or meeting - be ready for me -- I will call you out!! CRAZY!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information