User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Trading Score
    641 (100%)

Welcome to SC!! Feel free to post away, before you know if you'll have found lots of great deals or new coupons to tell us about!!

Come on over and join us in the trading threads too. Everyone was a newbie at one time or other, I love trading, send me a PM and I'll trade with ya!!

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/canadia...ng-discussion/

BTW, what are you studying in college?
    If you haven't joined Swagbucks yet, it's a great way to earn amazon gift cards and many others by simply using their search engine or doing easy clicks. Please join with my referral link - thanks! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/ShopGirl

Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Hiiiiiiiii!
    Theres more of us "younger" people then you may realize!
    If you need anything just give me a shout!
    I'm more then happy to trade with you!
    But may not have anything you want because I too keep all the healthy food coupons to myself.

Groupon WagJag
    Checkout my blog?
    helloobee.blogspot.ca

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

never be to embarrassed to be a male couponing.....it has come a long way over the years and people from all walks of life are doing it....

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Welcome!

You should check out the train section (near the trading one) and look for a newbie train!! They're great fun, and you can get the coupons you're specifically looking for.
    Previously CanadianBella... I'm baaack!
    Check out my Trade & Wishlist

Never stop learning... Big Pink's Avatar
    Trading Score
    69 (100%)

I've said it before and will say it again... I wish I had started couponing at your age! Especially when I was in school. Good for you.

Absolutely post a wish list... and I'd say not to wait until you start to request some trades. There are more than enough people in this great community that will do trades for stamps to help you get going.

Something I have learned in my life... if you don't ask... how are you going to get what you want? We do have to rely on others on occassion. Worst thing that can happen is someone can say, "No."
    If that happens, we move on.

I think that is why this is a successful community, though... most people want to help.

“Give the world the best you have and you may get hurt. Give the world your best anyway.” – Mother Teresa

Trading Score
    174 (100%)

Welcome! This is a great community and I am glad to see more and more men joining! You can always count on more 'Senior' Canucks to help you out, don't be shy to pm people with questions, post if you are looking for something specific. There is pretty much always someone that has what you are looking for and will do a trade with you, sometimes even RAOK you things.
    RRLF COKE PINS and LUNCHMATE PINS

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Welcome to the forums! If at any point you hesitated towards joining, I can guarantee you've made a great choice!

I'm a 26 year old dude and I've found the people on this forum to be honest, friendly, and over-the-top helpful. In fact, I don't think there is a more welcoming place to be on the internet!

I originally signed up because I needed some support for my couponing. My family frowned upon it, my girlfriend at the time (a long time ago) said it made me look cheap, and my friends were often embarrassed if I even used a coupon around them! So I came on here looking for people to tell me that I'm not crazy and that saving money shouldn't be stigmatized.

This site made me realize that combing over flyers, price matching, couponing, SCOPing, and all other forms of saving money were indeed good ways to keep my wallet fatter and over the years have saved me thousands. I even recently added contesting to my repertoire (and won a few hundred dollars in prizes). Now I just wish I knew like-minded people in real life instead of only online.

You'll find endless amounts of support, assistance, and advice on these forums. And if you believe that a penny saved is a penny earned, you'll be a lot richer the more time you spend here!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Now I just wish I knew like-minded people in real life instead of only online.
    !
    Dude, I wish I could find even 1 other guy I could talk coupons with in real life without them looking at me.like I'm nuts. (I laugh at them cause they pay retail lol. Keep track of your savings and you will blow their minds at what u save)

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by phenomanimal View Post
    I can't believe you guys have an "Adopt a Couponer" thread. I went over to read it and it is such a great idea but unfortunately I do not have 20 posts yet and I do not want to reach 20 posts by simply saying thank you in the threads I do use, so that will have to wait, but at least I'm posting.
    Thank you for your post.
    To help you increase the number of posts, tell us what province you are in?

Never stop learning... Big Pink's Avatar
    Trading Score
    69 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    Thank you for your post.
    Good one!

Sounds like there needs to be a couponing support group for men!
    Last edited by Big Pink; Thu, Feb 2nd, 2012 at 05:53 PM.
    “Give the world the best you have and you may get hurt. Give the world your best anyway.” – Mother Teresa

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Jasminenicole View Post
    welcome!
    i'm 21, not a male...but still around your age and in University.
    It feels a little weird at first, but eventually you will start posting more, and it won't weird you out in the least...there a small group of us young 'adults' on SC! Make sure to look under the local tab for your area and you might be able to connect with other couponers.

If you ever want to do a trade let me know what you are looking for, and we can work something out. I do a lot of local trades (and am on a couple coupon trains on here <-- so much fun!) with a group in my area so I can always find a good home for those unwanted coupons! Not to mention if you don't have a lot of coupons you can trade for postage stamps or gift cards..ideally you want to trade coupons for coupons (imo), but stamps and GC's work well if someone has something you really want

I am also new here, 22 Female! I see you are from North Bay, I went to school there but live in Toronto now! Wish I knew about these groups when I was in school haha

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

So many more replies. Let me just say I am so happy that I decided to pull the plug on actually posting here. In the very short span of a few days, I have met so many kind, generous, helpful people, both in the thread and through PM. At first I was just hopeful I would be able to trade to get one more Special K pin to get that damn mat, but in this process, I really think from the many people I am beginning to eat, I could be on the way to saving considerably more money.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasminenicole View Post
    welcome!
    i'm 21, not a male...but still around your age and in University.
    It feels a little weird at first, but eventually you will start posting more, and it won't weird you out in the least...there a small group of us young 'adults' on SC! Make sure to look under the local tab for your area and you might be able to connect with other couponers.

If you ever want to do a trade let me know what you are looking for, and we can work something out. I do a lot of local trades (and am on a couple coupon trains on here <-- so much fun!) with a group in my area so I can always find a good home for those unwanted coupons! Not to mention if you don't have a lot of coupons you can trade for postage stamps or gift cards..ideally you want to trade coupons for coupons (imo), but stamps and GC's work well if someone has something you really want
    Surprised at how many younger couponers there are. Honestly, its younger people who probably need to save money the most, and to see how much people waste by not putting a couple more hours in competitive shopping is very surprising to me. Whenever any of my friends or my brother or mom need to make a big purchase (electronics, laptop, games, clothing, etc) they ALWAYS come to me to find the best possible price. Don't really share that I have taken this approach to food as well, which I guess nobody really does need to know about weekly grocery shoppings.

I will compile a list of all the coupons I start to acquire so I can actually start trading, but plan to go today to the post office and buy some stamps so at least I can start the process of being able to trade with people around here. I will always feel strange ASKING for coupons or anything, but as I get more to offer, I think I will start feeling a lot more comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by misstarbender View Post
    welcome!! I get lots so keep an eye on my trade list and tell me what you want!!
    Im always updating! you missed yesterday I gave just under 200 coupons to a fellow newbie!! I may do it again soon so I will let you know!
    It's honestly great to hear that I am not the only one receiving the help and kindness from members here. You guys really do it for everyone and I absolutely love it. Hopefully, eventually, I will get in a position to help other people. Thank you for your offer of generosity, not understating that I do appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shop Girl View Post
    Welcome to SC!! Feel free to post away, before you know if you'll have found lots of great deals or new coupons to tell us about!!

Come on over and join us in the trading threads too. Everyone was a newbie at one time or other, I love trading, send me a PM and I'll trade with ya!!

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/canadia...ng-discussion/

BTW, what are you studying in college?
    I actually haven't ventured in the coupon trading discussion as I always felt I didnt really have very much to offer. Sooner rather than later, I will start writing out all of the internet coupons I have got from mail, and when the coupons begin coming in from the company's I call, I can add those to the list too and then hopefully I can be a more active participant there.

My degree is Legal and Professional Studies, just a bachelor of Arts, but it is with the intention of accumulating a high enough GPA< which I have been very lucky to have so far so I can attend a prestigious US law school in the fall. Wish me luck.

Quote Originally Posted by BMyltoft View Post
    Hiiiiiiiii!
    Theres more of us "younger" people then you may realize!
    If you need anything just give me a shout!
    I'm more then happy to trade with you!
    But may not have anything you want because I too keep all the healthy food coupons to myself.
    Another young person. Hopefully I expand my network, even though age really isn't an issue, younger and older people have been pretty damn nice to me so far. Regardless, it's great to be able to talk to younger people involved with this since I am so deathly embarrassed of exposing what I do to my friends and sort of leave that out of any kind of conversation. I really like the idea of meeting people of similar ages with similar interests.

I also noticed from your profile your preference of coupons for healthy eaters and vegetarian/vegan coupons. Are there many coupons on produce? I have seen a few frozen vegetable ones. Coupons on chicken breast or extra lean ground beef/turkey/chicken would be incredible but I doubt very many, if any actually exist.
    Last edited by phenomanimal; Fri, Feb 3rd, 2012 at 04:30 PM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sharkie View Post
    never be to embarrassed to be a male couponing.....it has come a long way over the years and people from all walks of life are doing it....
    Haha, its not so much being a male, its being a young male. It definitely is perceived as being cheap, and have many negative connotations to it. As an individual, I am the furthest thing from cheap, and even if somebody was, there is nothing wrong with it. It is practical. It is sometimes necessary as life gives you certain situations and you are put in a particular position and you need to deal with it. Everyone needs to eat. Instead of resorting to cheap fast food or unhealthy snacks, I care about my body and my well-being. I am the first person to pay for my friends when we go to a movie or out to eat, but I also lost my job recently (first time not working since I was 15 years old) and my situation makes it important to save as much money as I can.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianBella View Post
    Welcome!

You should check out the train section (near the trading one) and look for a newbie train!! They're great fun, and you can get the coupons you're specifically looking for.
    A few weeks ago, I actually followed a train thread and was so interested in possibly joining one of them but I just didnt know what it was okay to request and really if I could fulfill any of the other requests. Plus at the time I had 0 posts, so I didnt think people would view me as the most reliable candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Pink View Post
    I've said it before and will say it again... I wish I had started couponing at your age! Especially when I was in school. Good for you.

Absolutely post a wish list... and I'd say not to wait until you start to request some trades. There are more than enough people in this great community that will do trades for stamps to help you get going.

Something I have learned in my life... if you don't ask... how are you going to get what you want? We do have to rely on others on occassion. Worst thing that can happen is someone can say, "No."
    If that happens, we move on.

I think that is why this is a successful community, though... most people want to help.

Well I am grateful you came my way and you sent me a pm. In real life, I have a hard time asking people for favours. I am not used to relying on anyone and I NEVER want people to think Im using them or taking advantage of people. My entire life, I have worked for anything I get, so I have taken this mindset to over here.

Definitely motivated me to make a wishlist and if there is something like that available, I can see what people want and work at it from there. At least it might get the ball rolling. Thanks again for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by tink30 View Post
    Welcome! This is a great community and I am glad to see more and more men joining! You can always count on more 'Senior' Canucks to help you out, don't be shy to pm people with questions, post if you are looking for something specific. There is pretty much always someone that has what you are looking for and will do a trade with you, sometimes even RAOK you things.
    I just learned about this RAOK [Random Act of Kindness] and am just so impressed how many selfless people there are around here. Its amazing how people classify couponers as selfish and cheap, when all I have witnessed is kindness, generosity, people donating their couponers to others and "stockpiles" and items to the needy.

I am just starting to come out of my shell, posting a little bit, meeting people.

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'nThrift View Post
    Welcome to the forums! If at any point you hesitated towards joining, I can guarantee you've made a great choice!

I'm a 26 year old dude and I've found the people on this forum to be honest, friendly, and over-the-top helpful. In fact, I don't think there is a more welcoming place to be on the internet!

I originally signed up because I needed some support for my couponing. My family frowned upon it, my girlfriend at the time (a long time ago) said it made me look cheap, and my friends were often embarrassed if I even used a coupon around them! So I came on here looking for people to tell me that I'm not crazy and that saving money shouldn't be stigmatized.

This site made me realize that combing over flyers, price matching, couponing, SCOPing, and all other forms of saving money were indeed good ways to keep my wallet fatter and over the years have saved me thousands. I even recently added contesting to my repertoire (and won a few hundred dollars in prizes). Now I just wish I knew like-minded people in real life instead of only online.

You'll find endless amounts of support, assistance, and advice on these forums. And if you believe that a penny saved is a penny earned, you'll be a lot richer the more time you spend here!
    Thanks for the welcome! I have got to say that everything you had to say completely resonated with me. Another young dude, so not surprised. "...honest, friendly, and over-the-top helpful" is all Ive encountered so far, so definitely no disagreement from me there.

There is no doubt that is exactly how my friends would react, which is why I prefer to keep it private. My family (brother and mom) however has witnessed it first hand, and even though my older brother thinks Im crazy for doing it, my mom seems to love the savings I bring to the house. I get embarrassed everytime my brother makes a comment to my friends or his own. I actually brought him shopping (the first time he EVER did a shopping, honestly) and he was actually mildly impressed about how much I saved but also annoyed at how long it took. He kept rushing me to hurry it up haha.

Don't think I would meet many like-minded people in real life, but I completely agree with your sentiment.

Quote Originally Posted by mastersaver View Post
    Dude, I wish I could find even 1 other guy I could talk coupons with in real life without them looking at me.like I'm nuts. (I laugh at them cause they pay retail lol. Keep track of your savings and you will blow their minds at what u save)
    Ditto. Like I said previously, many of my friends are incredibly impressed when I save them lot so fmoney on big-purchases like electronics, games, appliances, etc. It's amazing how people just go to a Best Buy and make a 300+ purchase without doing any research, any competitive shopping, any patience for crazy deals or mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    Thank you for your post.
    Thank you and everyone for your kind and thoughtful replies. My posts are slowly increasing. I am from North York (right at the corner of Thornhill) Ontario

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

There is BIG difference between being FRUGAL and being Cheap...lot of people who don't use coupons unfortunately don't know the difference.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Thank you and everyone for your kind and thoughtful replies. My posts are slowly increasing. I am from North York (right at the corner of Thornhill) Ontario
    I'm in north Scarborough, maybe I can have a real.life male couponing friend lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information