User Tag List

Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Zellers: Countdown to Closing - POST YOUR DEAL FINDS HERE!

Trading Score
    44 (98%)

At my Zellers in Saint John NB it's now 20%

But it seems they've sky rocketted the prices on everything. Would anyone seriously pay $2.19 for a box of kd? Even at 20% off... yikes..no way.

We have the security guard at the door AND a receipt checker too.

Why is it that they're taking more security precautions now than they ever bothered with? I wouldn't fight someone for a $2.19 box of kd...

Ours is closing June 6, they'd better do a lot better than they have been or no ones going to buy their crud.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tantum View Post
    Why is it that they're taking more security precautions now than they ever bothered with? I wouldn't fight someone for a $2.19 box of kd...

Ours is closing June 6, they'd better do a lot better than they have been or no ones going to buy their crud.
    I am starting to wonder whether they don't want people to buy stuff at all. Wonder if they can get more money by selling all the stock in bulk to a corporate customer. Or if they write off the remaining unsold stock once the stores are closed, and the Bay can take the write offs? Anyone know an expert in this kind of stuff who can shed light?
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tantum View Post
    At my Zellers in Saint John NB it's now 20%

But it seems they've sky rocketted the prices on everything. Would anyone seriously pay $2.19 for a box of kd? Even at 20% off... yikes..no way.

We have the security guard at the door AND a receipt checker too.

This happened about a year ago when a Zellers closed here, jacked up prices, security everywhere. The last week before closing they finally went down to 75% off but by that time there was nothing left. I don't think they ever went lower than 30% on their food items.

Trading Score
    239 (100%)

I think the reason being is that there really isn't much mark-up on food, health & Beauty and electronics...hence the low % off...
    As for everything else, they really need to get their ass into gear in order to sell off! They brought in some wicked expensive stuff from Home Outfitters...people wouldn't buy it there for the price they were asking, you really think they're gonna buy it at Zellers for the same price less 10%??? Comeon...

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

NO kidding.. hubby and i went together yesterday for the first time. he was like. um.. really?? i'll be back in June. LOL. he wasn't impressed with the prices either.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

From what I understand once the liquidators came in Zellers really has no say in very much. The liquidators set the percentages.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

What do you all think will be the magic # before the insanity and fights begin?

40%off?

Once they get to a higher percentage I doubt anything good will be left in the store.

Trading Score
    88 (100%)

at this point it looks like they are going to keep their discount's staggered so they don't have a stampede. at least until they get really close to the end then they may just pick one % and go with it.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Zellers is not bankrupt so I don't think there are liquidators involved. HBC just decided to close them, but no bankruptcy

Quote Originally Posted by cjlewis14 View Post
    From what I understand once the liquidators came in Zellers really has no say in very much. The liquidators set the percentages.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Winnipeg Airmiler
    Trading Score
    215 (100%)

The reason the stores hire security is to stop the employees from walking out the door with products. There is a lot of theft when staff get their final notices for layoff, sad but true.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Ahh sad, but the security guard makes sense now

Quote Originally Posted by debragirl31 View Post
    The reason the stores hire security is to stop the employees from walking out the door with products. There is a lot of theft when staff get their final notices for layoff, sad but true.

Trading Score
    88 (100%)

this is find true. i was there one day and saw one of the cashiers doing a 'checkout' of the employees bags as they left. i thought hm fair considering we've got the guard. now i understand.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I think it's a great idea to do checks of employees all the time, not just when stores are closing. When I worked at Banana Republic, the managers would check the bags of all the staff. Then staff would turn around and check the bags of the managers. Very fair

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    this is find true. i was there one day and saw one of the cashiers doing a 'checkout' of the employees bags as they left. i thought hm fair considering we've got the guard. now i understand.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Went to the Masonville location yesterday. Wasn't very impressed! I figured stuff would be marked down ALOT more. The store still looks full, I only found two sort of ok deals:

CaseIt Binder - double ring, zipper and strap. Reg 29.97 - 30% off = 20.97 I was ok with that because they are hard to find!!! Awesome for coupons!!!!

Two packs of thick Avery page dividers - ended up being 2 something, usually 3.97 at walmart.

I will definitely be waiting until closer to June before I go back!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It's even customers walking out without paying.A few weeks ago my Mum saw a a couple of people in handcuffs with the police coming out of a closing down Fields store.

Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread Information