User Tag List

Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 437
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Zellers: Countdown to Closing - POST YOUR DEAL FINDS HERE!

  1. #211
    Senior Canuck Tantum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    NB
    Posts
    670
    Likes Received
    50
    Trading Score
    44 (98%)



    At my Zellers in Saint John NB it's now 20%

    But it seems they've sky rocketted the prices on everything. Would anyone seriously pay $2.19 for a box of kd? Even at 20% off... yikes..no way.

    We have the security guard at the door AND a receipt checker too.

    Why is it that they're taking more security precautions now than they ever bothered with? I wouldn't fight someone for a $2.19 box of kd...

    Ours is closing June 6, they'd better do a lot better than they have been or no ones going to buy their crud.

  2. #212
    Canadian Guru
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    like the name says
    Posts
    10,406
    Likes Received
    15272
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by Tantum View Post
    Why is it that they're taking more security precautions now than they ever bothered with? I wouldn't fight someone for a $2.19 box of kd...

    Ours is closing June 6, they'd better do a lot better than they have been or no ones going to buy their crud.
    I am starting to wonder whether they don't want people to buy stuff at all. Wonder if they can get more money by selling all the stock in bulk to a corporate customer. Or if they write off the remaining unsold stock once the stores are closed, and the Bay can take the write offs? Anyone know an expert in this kind of stuff who can shed light?
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

    Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

  3. #213
    Mastermind
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    32,871
    Likes Received
    21190
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by Tantum View Post
    At my Zellers in Saint John NB it's now 20%

    But it seems they've sky rocketted the prices on everything. Would anyone seriously pay $2.19 for a box of kd? Even at 20% off... yikes..no way.

    We have the security guard at the door AND a receipt checker too.

    Why is it that they're taking more security precautions now than they ever bothered with? I wouldn't fight someone for a $2.19 box of kd...

    Ours is closing June 6, they'd better do a lot better than they have been or no ones going to buy their crud.
    This happened about a year ago when a Zellers closed here, jacked up prices, security everywhere. The last week before closing they finally went down to 75% off but by that time there was nothing left. I don't think they ever went lower than 30% on their food items.

  4. #214
    Smart Canuck nadiabreckon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Shearwater, NS
    Posts
    4,069
    Likes Received
    102
    Trading Score
    239 (100%)



    I think the reason being is that there really isn't much mark-up on food, health & Beauty and electronics...hence the low % off...
    As for everything else, they really need to get their ass into gear in order to sell off! They brought in some wicked expensive stuff from Home Outfitters...people wouldn't buy it there for the price they were asking, you really think they're gonna buy it at Zellers for the same price less 10%??? Comeon...

  5. #215
    One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    12,085
    Likes Received
    20331
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)




    NO kidding.. hubby and i went together yesterday for the first time. he was like. um.. really?? i'll be back in June. LOL. he wasn't impressed with the prices either.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

  6. #216
    CaNewbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    67
    Likes Received
    11
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)


    From what I understand once the liquidators came in Zellers really has no say in very much. The liquidators set the percentages.

  7. #217
    CaNewbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    8
    Likes Received
    2
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)


    What do you all think will be the magic # before the insanity and fights begin?

    40%off?

    Once they get to a higher percentage I doubt anything good will be left in the store.

  8. #218
    One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    12,085
    Likes Received
    20331
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)




    at this point it looks like they are going to keep their discount's staggered so they don't have a stampede. at least until they get really close to the end then they may just pick one % and go with it.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

  9. #219
    Canadian Guru
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    like the name says
    Posts
    10,406
    Likes Received
    15272
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)




    Zellers is not bankrupt so I don't think there are liquidators involved. HBC just decided to close them, but no bankruptcy

    Quote Originally Posted by cjlewis14 View Post
    From what I understand once the liquidators came in Zellers really has no say in very much. The liquidators set the percentages.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

    Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

  10. #220
    Winnipeg Airmiler
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    662
    Likes Received
    288
    Trading Score
    215 (100%)



    The reason the stores hire security is to stop the employees from walking out the door with products. There is a lot of theft when staff get their final notices for layoff, sad but true.

  11. #221
    Canadian Guru
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    like the name says
    Posts
    10,406
    Likes Received
    15272
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)




    Ahh sad, but the security guard makes sense now

    Quote Originally Posted by debragirl31 View Post
    The reason the stores hire security is to stop the employees from walking out the door with products. There is a lot of theft when staff get their final notices for layoff, sad but true.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

    Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

  12. #222
    One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    12,085
    Likes Received
    20331
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)




    this is find true. i was there one day and saw one of the cashiers doing a 'checkout' of the employees bags as they left. i thought hm fair considering we've got the guard. now i understand.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

  13. #223
    Canadian Guru
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    like the name says
    Posts
    10,406
    Likes Received
    15272
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)




    I think it's a great idea to do checks of employees all the time, not just when stores are closing. When I worked at Banana Republic, the managers would check the bags of all the staff. Then staff would turn around and check the bags of the managers. Very fair

    Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    this is find true. i was there one day and saw one of the cashiers doing a 'checkout' of the employees bags as they left. i thought hm fair considering we've got the guard. now i understand.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

    Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

  14. #224
    CaToonie danifish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    285
    Likes Received
    47
    Trading Score
    99 (100%)



    Went to the Masonville location yesterday. Wasn't very impressed! I figured stuff would be marked down ALOT more. The store still looks full, I only found two sort of ok deals:

    CaseIt Binder - double ring, zipper and strap. Reg 29.97 - 30% off = 20.97 I was ok with that because they are hard to find!!! Awesome for coupons!!!!

    Two packs of thick Avery page dividers - ended up being 2 something, usually 3.97 at walmart.

    I will definitely be waiting until closer to June before I go back!!!

  15. #225
    Canadian Genius
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,871
    Likes Received
    2535
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)




    It's even customers walking out without paying.A few weeks ago my Mum saw a a couple of people in handcuffs with the police coming out of a closing down Fields store.

Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •