User Tag List

Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Zellers: Countdown to Closing - POST YOUR DEAL FINDS HERE!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

mine closed on jan 15th and the sales started at everything 10% off (which they had hiked up the prices so the flyer prices which didnt apply anymore were actually better) then about a month later started adding every week till the last week day by day went to 90% off but mind you everything had its sale.. arts and yarn etc were completely empty at 40% off. toys.. 50% etc. so you need to watch every day almost. and if you see something at an awesome price it normally takes about 5 mins and its gone so no thinking about it lol. oh and no returns and most of the furniture was broken or missing pieces in the boxes after 50% off.

Trading Score
    117 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by NateandAva View Post
    From what I just saw on the website, June 2nd is the last day for all liquidation stores. You can check the website and they have posted which stores are now liquidation stores and when they will start liquidating. It looks like most start mid March. Hope this helps!
    Quote Originally Posted by julyprincess View Post
    Thank you so much, didn't realize there was a list online. For everyone else, here it is : http://www.zellers.com/liquidation/en/default.aspx

So just one month to go . I must be honest though the word 'liquidation' scares me, I don't know what and *if* I will find stuff but if I do, will I have enough room in my house to put it!!
    Thanks to both of you for this info, I've added it to the first post so it's not lost as the thread grows!

I can save myself the drive to the Brampton stores since they're not listed. I am however going to be stalking the Georgetown location and will report on findings! Since I can't camp out at the entrance (or could I? ), I'm going to pick things over in the early days and if something I want has a decent reduction I'll just grab it and save myself the sob story of missing out! Cheers to my new pre-gym workout!

In regular, pre-liquidation news, I scored a nice shirt for my dd for $2.10 - it was already reduced to $3 and they took an extra 30% off. Lots of ladies' tops are going for the same price. The blue stickers have come out on some of the food items as well: granola bars and chips...long before expiry...no complaints here (nom, nom, nom!)
    Imy "Other Money". Join the fun:
    *Swagbucks!!- http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Savvy5

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I don't understand what the liquidation list means. Does that mean that the only stores that will be open will be the liquidation stores or will the stores that are not on the list carry on as Zellers stores until a further announcement is made?

Trading Score
    117 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by abbasgirl View Post
    I don't understand what the liquidation list means. Does that mean that the only stores that will be open will be the liquidation stores or will the stores that are not on the list carry on as Zellers stores until a further announcement is made?
    hi abbasgirl, thanks for your question. Based on info shared in this thread, it seems that stores not on the list will remain open for regular operations until further notice. Some Scers mentioned that their local store will begin shipping unsold merchandise to other Zellers stores or Home Outfitters. Will check their website to see if another other news on this is available but so far, that would seem to be the plan...stay open and sell what they can.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

As you know, Zellers is closing in Canada. They're holding liquidation sales across Canada as they close their stores.

here's a link to the site that gives you the list and dates for the liquidation sales.
    http://www.zellers.com/liquidation/en/default.aspx

** Please note that any merch bought at a liquidation store cannot be exchanged or returned to another Zellers ***

Thanks op

Thanks you but mine in Qc is not closing...but will check for clearance...

thanks

Thannks for the deal! Awesome!

Theres already a thread for this: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/271571-...s-here-canada/
    Last edited by Jezebel; Tue, Feb 21st, 2012 at 03:59 PM.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    185 (100%)

Thank you!!!!!!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Weird...I made a comment this afternoon but I did not start the thread??

Trading Score
    117 (100%)

Yesterday I started to make a wish/need list of items in hopes of avoiding going all googley-eyed for the deals that may come up. I'm also mindful that these next two weeks prior the start of any liquidation sales (for those locations that have it) could present good clearance prices on some of the higher end/"sought after" items that I don't think will be there when liquidation starts. (Or if they're there, very limited selection). So now I have my list in my purse and I'll browse the store tomorrow. Will keep ya posted if I find something good.

Would be great to save 70-90% off all items but I'd be happy to save even 50-60% for home decor, electronics and such. Funny thing is that my list keeps growing as I walk through my house!

Another reminder: not all locations will have a liquidation sale but most will have store-specific clearances and deep discounts. So please keep us posted on the deals you're finding so we can all have some fun chasing them down!

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by $avvy$hopper View Post
    Yesterday I started to make a wish/need list of items in hopes of avoiding going all googley-eyed for the deals that may come up. I'm also mindful that these next two weeks prior the start of any liquidation sales (for those locations that have it) could present good clearance prices on some of the higher end/"sought after" items that I don't think will be there when liquidation starts. (Or if they're there, very limited selection). So now I have my list in my purse and I'll browse the store tomorrow. Will keep ya posted if I find something good.

Would be great to save 70-90% off all items but I'd be happy to save even 50-60% for home decor, electronics and such. Funny thing is that my list keeps growing as I walk through my house!

Another reminder: not all locations will have a liquidation sale but most will have store-specific clearances and deep discounts. So please keep us posted on the deals you're finding so we can all have some fun chasing them down!

good idea.

i know i definitely have a few wants that aren't needs that i would take care of if the discount was right

i need to make my list!
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am so sad to see that our Zellers is not on that first list of close outs. If ever a town needed a Target it is Brandon Manitoba!! Not only do we have the worst stocked Zellers I have ever seen (always runs out of sale items if they even have any stock before the flyer begins at all), it also has the worst staff. So apathetic. No one cares - Walmart kicks their butt daily and it does not have to be that way. Plus - we need a Starbucks on that end of town BADLY. The two we have in the city are on the other end and when we had the flood last spring BOTH we shut down for six weeks!!

Cannot wait to see the liquidation sales come our way!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    139 (100%)

I just bought shelves for my stockpile. 5shelves high. Heavy duty fo garage. Was reg 100 paid 44 each. Yay.

You had to scan to see the discount.. I bought the last 2and my basement looks great and ready for more stock...
    Just launched my new website, come take a look (headbands for all ages, and more to come)
    Www.5angels.ca

http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/jubsies

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

Aw, Boo! Burlington is going to be one of the first few Target stores, but the Liquidation store is in Hamilton! Arg, now I need to drive far to get my save on. Hopefully friendly Hamilton people can update the deals on here.

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

I am sad to lose my Zellers!!!! wah wah wah!!!
    Last edited by Tweets77; Wed, Feb 22nd, 2012 at 01:31 PM.

Shameless Reps FTW krysta lynne's Avatar
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by PinkLincoln View Post
    Aw, Boo! Burlington is going to be one of the first few Target stores, but the Liquidation store is in Hamilton! Arg, now I need to drive far to get my save on. Hopefully friendly Hamilton people can update the deals on here.
    i was sad about this. i live like 5 minutes from the burlington one
    Feel free to use my shop.ca referral link! Tons of products and great deals! http://www.shop.ca?plcktb=ZwVwXmoC0

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

funny hubby and i were just talking about this.. and I said the only thing i'l probably miss from Zellers is their dish soap. no one else sells its. guess ill just have to stockpile it when it goes on sale.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information