User Tag List

Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Zellers: Countdown to Closing - POST YOUR DEAL FINDS HERE!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Anyone know what the sell will be like??
    everything 50% off or??

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

i was thinking about that too bubbles. will it be 5% increments in the sale 40%-45%-50% etc.. or just 50%-70% off etc.. will have to see. not sure if the Zellers staff are able to tell us this info.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

coupon freak
    Trading Score
    66 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Halexmommy View Post
    I am so sad to see that our Zellers is not on that first list of close outs. If ever a town needed a Target it is Brandon Manitoba!! Not only do we have the worst stocked Zellers I have ever seen (always runs out of sale items if they even have any stock before the flyer begins at all), it also has the worst staff. So apathetic. No one cares - Walmart kicks their butt daily and it does not have to be that way. Plus - we need a Starbucks on that end of town BADLY. The two we have in the city are on the other end and when we had the flood last spring BOTH we shut down for six weeks!!

Cannot wait to see the liquidation sales come our way!!
    I completely agree the really sad thing is Walmart doesn't even have to try its one of the worst Walmarts I have seen but,with no one to compete with it they don't have to try. Also more non fast food places would be good Brandon is very under serviced for a cities its size.

Trading Score
    117 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jubsies View Post
    I just bought shelves for my stockpile. 5shelves high. Heavy duty fo garage. Was reg 100 paid 44 each. Yay.

You had to scan to see the discount.. I bought the last 2and my basement looks great and ready for more stock...
    Sweet deal! I'll make a note on the first post re using the price checkers to catch great deals!

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    i was thinking about that too bubbles. will it be 5% increments in the sale 40%-45%-50% etc.. or just 50%-70% off etc.. will have to see. not sure if the Zellers staff are able to tell us this info.
    Same here...wondering if it will be gradual decreases or all in one shot. Time will tell.
    Imy "Other Money". Join the fun:
    *Swagbucks!!- http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Savvy5

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You folks don't remember the other stores closures during 2011?
    Mostly at 30% for the first few weeks but lots of people bought at that so not much was left when it hit 50%. If anyone is good at finding the expired deals on this site please post the link. Just going by memory.
    visit my TWITTER page:http://twitter.com/#!/1dvdswapper

From my family to you. Wishing everyone a Happy/Healthy Holidays and New Year.

Trading Score
    117 (100%)

I stopped in at Zellers today...not much to report but a few good observances/deal finds:

1) Alot of staff were BUSY tagging items and putting up new CLEARANCE signs in the Toys section. All clothing sections have clearance signs and I'm sure there will be another "save and extra $x off the reduced price" wave. My store also has lots of patio furniture out for sale...can't wait for the price reduction signs on those...here's hoping!

2) Blue stickers!!!! Last week I scored granola bars, chips and crackers with blue stickers... saved up to 70% on some items. Today I found Oasis Nurtrisource juice with blue stickers for $2 each. AND each of them had a pin for free Oasis orange juice!

So while we await bigger deals the blue stickers are holding me over! Hope you find some at your stores. Please keep us posted on your own deal finds!

On with the countdown!
    Last edited by $avvy$hopper; Tue, Feb 28th, 2012 at 11:55 AM. Reason: typo

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I wonder if these are all the stores being liquidated or if its only the first "wave" of liquidations and more will be added later.

Trading Score
    88 (100%)

sadly what Im finding with my zellers is that they are putting the price on the 'clearance' clothes up to the price the previous week then putting save an extra 50% off this week. so your not saving any more. seriously little girls pants were $5. one week with the extra.. then following week they were $7.50? really Zellers. im going to stick it to ya just cause you do that.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    117 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SavinQueen View Post
    I wonder if these are all the stores being liquidated or if its only the first "wave" of liquidations and more will be added later.
    Time will tell I guess. Perhaps if they're not liquidating, there may be news on flash sales or clearouts before Target takes over.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    sadly what Im finding with my zellers is that they are putting the price on the 'clearance' clothes up to the price the previous week then putting save an extra 50% off this week. so your not saving any more. seriously little girls pants were $5. one week with the extra.. then following week they were $7.50? really Zellers. im going to stick it to ya just cause you do that.
    Yeah, that's not nice. Just as bad as the BOGO sales with high price mark up on the first item...not a sale/deal at all. I won't psych myself up for bargain basement pricing at the start of liquidation given this lead up. I will be there bright and early though just in case it's better than thought!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My brother has been to the Ceberbrae location a few times to see if they raised their prices before adding clearance stickers and nothing yet. It's a rare thing these days for companies to be that transparent. Old Navy does that a lot but switches prices monthly instead of weekly, bi-weekly. Their card so the pants stays at $25.00 instead of $30.00 is a joke. Last month the same premium pants was $25.00 not $30.00.

I don't think this happens at all stores, but like I've mentioned numerous times before always check prices on the stuff you want before upcoming big sales. I still think that most bigger items will start at 30% off then increase by 5% each week after. Sales go on until June that's roughly 14 weeks from start to end.
    40% by end of March
    60% by end of April
    80% by end of MAY

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

The Zellers in Hamilton at Queenston & Nash has a huge amount of clearance going on.
    Clothes, shoes, etc etc....

Funny thing is, they weren't on the list for closing.
    I asked if this was just a normal sale, and the guy said no, it's because of Target.
    Another funny thing....Target bought up a little strip mall right beside The Zellers to make into a parking lot.
    A friend of mine works at the Money Mart there, and they are moving in a month.

Trading Score
    88 (100%)

I'd be more than happy if the whole store went 40% would make my day.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    471 (100%)

Zellers sent me a lovely letter today(my Zellers isn't closing for a while yet)
    "You are a valued HBC Credit cardholder and in appreciation for your patronage and loyalty to Zellers, we'd like to offer you a $15 thank you savings card that can be redeemed on your next purchase at ZEllers when using your HBC credit card....card expires mar11 and no minimum purchase required!.... " Whooooo! Thanks Zellers and yes I will take you up on that offer. (fine print not to be combined with any other offer one card per transaction and more fine print on reverse) but really? $15 = 3 jugs of milk free or more likely is that I will scour the store for great deals that have coupons/rebates that make it twice as nice hope you all get yours soon too in the mail W
    RRLF Disney Movie Reward codes found inside Disney dvd/bluray cases
    View my tradelist here: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/4073305-post7.html
    Wishlist here: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/248827-...a/#post4396113

Addicted To Laughing Cow TrixyLuxx's Avatar
    Trading Score
    11 (79%)

none in ottawa closing?.... i dont see it on the list

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think people are getting confused by the list. There are two types of liquidation going on from what I was told.
    1: Official liquidation centers that are meant to sell off a lot of the stuff from the warehouses and extra stuff that stores don't have room to put out.
    2: Store clearances starting close to when the store is officially closing.

Galleria Mall Zellers is closing June 2nd and won't have too many sales this March like other stores. When I find out more info I'll let you know.

Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information