User Tag List

Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Zellers: Countdown to Closing - POST YOUR DEAL FINDS HERE!

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Ours Zellers here apparently is closing soon but not changing to a target store. A rumor I hear is that it will become 2 stores, one of which is American Eagle outfitters.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Went to the Pickering Town Centre location last night and boy that place is a ghost town! When i paid, i asked if it was a liquidation store as i remember seeing something on the flyer about no returns at these locations and she said it isn't yet but they will be converting to Target. I don't remember them being on the original list but that sounds good to me. The place was so dark, i don't know if they turned off some lights to conserve energy but some aisles were dark and i got the creeps LOL

On a side note, i picked up some shirts as it was "fashion fridays" and you save an additional 15%. Now i just realized....would i have been able to use my SPC with that or no?

coupon freak
    Trading Score
    66 (100%)

I saw something on internet about to sign a to try and get Target to hire Zellers staff.Well no way do I think we should I keep reading about bad service and I know for a long time I have avoided Zellers because of it. these people may be upset that they are losing their jobs, but its not the first business to shut down in the last few years thousands of people have lost their jobs with no notice Zellers employees have months to look for new jobs. With that said if when I go into Zellers the person is awesome does there job to the best of their ability this is what will happen I will give them my name and phone number and I will ask for their name I will tell that person to use it as a customer reference on their resume. There are loads of jobs out there its a matter of looking and making yourself the best candidate I am sure any employer who gets a candidate come in with a page full of customer references ontop of experience and regular reference will have no problem getting a job. I hope others will consider doing this too.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I have been thinking about the reports of hostile and nasty staff at some of the Zellers stores.
    Wouldn't it be great to go from being the mistreated customer to the potential employer interviewing that same person a few days later ?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Is anyone knows if we can use the those 10000 / 25000 rewards points printable in the liquidation store ?

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    487 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponfreak View Post
    I saw something on internet about to sign a to try and get Target to hire Zellers staff.Well no way do I think we should I keep reading about bad service and I know for a long time I have avoided Zellers because of it. these people may be upset that they are losing their jobs, but its not the first business to shut down in the last few years thousands of people have lost their jobs with no notice Zellers employees have months to look for new jobs. With that said if when I go into Zellers the person is awesome does there job to the best of their ability this is what will happen I will give them my name and phone number and I will ask for their name I will tell that person to use it as a customer reference on their resume. There are loads of jobs out there its a matter of looking and making yourself the best candidate I am sure any employer who gets a candidate come in with a page full of customer references ontop of experience and regular reference will have no problem getting a job. I hope others will consider doing this too.
    Zellers employees mainly upset not because they're losing their jobs, or they're afraid of Target/Walmart will not hire them, they upset cause Zellers workers are not making high wages now. But if they do get re-hired, any wage increases or benefits they may have earned over time will be gone, plus they may only get part-time hours. At the Zellers stores, workers are simply asking to keep what they have earned as their workplaces convert to a new brand.
    My Huge Enormous Wish List : http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/members/nikyk/. (About Me.)

Trading Score
    513 (100%)

boo not here in MB

Trading Score
    117 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lcmt View Post
    Is anyone knows if we can use the those 10000 / 25000 rewards points printable in the liquidation store ?
    You should have no problem using the bonus point coupons...the rules for liquidations state the points will be earned per usual. I plan on using mine this week.

In other news, I just got back from SDM Georgetown and confirm that the closing sale has now begun..I posted a pic of the signage in post #1.

Signs say the current wave of markdowns is 10-30% off last ticketed price, then there are smaller signs on each rack that'll say what the exact markdown is. What I saw and remember:

Gift bags/cards section 10% off
    Craft supplies/Stickers 20% off
    Clothing and shoes 20% mostly, some 10%
    Most home decor 20% off

Couldn't stay long as dd was with me and wanting every easter bunny she saw! Will swing back tomorrow for a report on toys, electronics and home/garden aisles.
    Imy "Other Money". Join the fun:
    *Swagbucks!!- http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Savvy5

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

ya know in all the preparation for this until i saw the signs in the first post. it really hit me. the store i've been shopping at for YEARS is closing. wow reality check. im kinda nervous how its going to go on wednesday and how im going to feel. despite what and how some ppl feel.. its like knowing your best friend who you've had fights and made up with over years is moving, until it happens your like ya whatever. im rambling..
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    117 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by NikyK View Post
    Zellers employees mainly upset not because they're losing their jobs, or they're afraid of Target/Walmart will not hire them, they upset cause Zellers workers are not making high wages now. But if they do get re-hired, any wage increases or benefits they may have earned over time will be gone, plus they may only get part-time hours. At the Zellers stores, workers are simply asking to keep what they have earned as their workplaces convert to a new brand.
    Transitioning company take-overs and mergers can be "messy" to say the least. I empathize with the Zellers employees...many have been there for years and will now have to start from scratch. It's a lot to deal with and I understand the sad/long faces. It's no excuse, though, for rude behaviour to customers. If I have a not-so-nice cashier/staff encounter, I'm hopeful to look past it and offer an encouraging word. I have been there and done that (company merger) so I know how hard it is to go to work knowing how much you're affected yet still have to put on a brave face. Hugs for all the employees!

Trading Score
    117 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    ya know in all the preparation for this until i saw the signs in the first post. it really hit me. the store i've been shopping at for YEARS is closing. wow reality check. im kinda nervous how its going to go on wednesday and how im going to feel. despite what and how some ppl feel.. its like knowing your best friend who you've had fights and made up with over years is moving, until it happens your like ya whatever. im rambling..
    I know what you mean. I don't know a lot of the staff at my store but have had nice chats with several others. It is sad.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Went to Target in the U.S. over the weekend. Could not tell the difference between it and Zellers. Same brands like Mossimo and Cherokee, except they still had some of the Jason Wu stuff left over. Same layout, store fixtures, out of stock merchandise, red uniforms. Cashier didn't even say a word to me! No hi, amount, goodbye. Nada. So maybe Target will bring in better prices because Walmart will have good competitor, but I don't know if it will bring better customer service.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The sales were horrible lol. They took down any previous sale signs and stuck a 10% off sticker in their place... Can't wait until it gets better!
    Isn't she a cutie

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

Hopefully the stores here eventually have some decent sales, anyone visit the hamilton location that was listed as a liquidation center?

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

i noticed alot of 10% off signs. sure made any previous 50% off signs from any of the older flyers seem like a joke. it just seems odd. an item that was on for 25-50% off last week is now 10% off.
    however I took a good look along many aisles and areas and found cosmetics are 30% off that along with the CG coupons not bad.. and backpacks are 60% off. thats awesome great time to stock up for September or even for a summer getaway!
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information