User Tag List

Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Zellers: Countdown to Closing - POST YOUR DEAL FINDS HERE!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    ya know in all the preparation for this until i saw the signs in the first post. it really hit me. the store i've been shopping at for YEARS is closing. wow reality check. im kinda nervous how its going to go on wednesday and how im going to feel. despite what and how some ppl feel.. its like knowing your best friend who you've had fights and made up with over years is moving, until it happens your like ya whatever. im rambling..
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    i noticed alot of 10% off signs. sure made any previous 50% off signs from any of the older flyers seem like a joke. it just seems odd. an item that was on for 25-50% off last week is now 10% off.
    however I took a good look along many aisles and areas and found cosmetics are 30% off that along with the CG coupons not bad.. and backpacks are 60% off. thats awesome great time to stock up for September or even for a summer getaway!

You're a Northlander too? I was in there on the weekend and really paid attention to the faces of the staff who've cashed me out for years or helped me find stuff on shelves. Some of these people were really great. Not all, but some. I get what you mean about the long time friend thing - fights and all!

I don't know if I'll get in today but if you happen to notice what kind of sale they have on table cloths/napkins and the like feel free to give me a heads up
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/debt/wlJjBq4/]

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

better believe it Snow.. been for many years. Im heading in now to check it out. will update shortly.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    117 (100%)

Back at Zellers Georgetown yesterday and no surprise, nothing's flying off the shelves! LOL. Waiting for the 50-60% deals. I did notice that the signs for all Carlton cards/gift bags et al has been changed to 40% off. Lots of nice cards for $0.60 and up! Didn't get any yet, will wait a bit.

Then we snagged a nice steal of a deal on children's socks...$1 for 3 pairs + 10% off so $0.90 for the 3. These were regular priced at $5.97 and $3.97 each. Picked up a warmer set for $2; dd can use them in the fall.

I'm keeping my wish list on hand and updated as I go through the store.
    Imy "Other Money". Join the fun:
    *Swagbucks!!- http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Savvy5

Trading Score
    88 (100%)

alot of the cosmetics at our store is already picked over at only 30% off. I combine that with some CG cosmetics. great deals.
    I did notice yesterday the watches were 10% off and today they were 20%. def. keeping my eye on that deal as we want to get my son one for his Grad gift.
    today I also noticed a much brighter attitude.. they now have a 'red light' at the front door for those 'specials' but not sure what they will be. ??
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I went to the one at Bridgeport and Weber in Waterloo today. Clothing, shoes, toys and baby furniture/gear was 20% off, baby clothes and diapers were 10% off and make up was 30% off. The place was an absolute dump(even by regular Zellers standards) and still more expensive than most places. They even had a security guard checking your bag and receipt at the door.

Trading Score
    14 (100%)

Anyone in Ottawa checked out the Blair location? I haven't been back since I saw the signs...

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Does anyone know the breakdown on the electronics yet?
    Totally forgot about this sale, arghh!
    visit my TWITTER page:http://twitter.com/#!/1dvdswapper

From my family to you. Wishing everyone a Happy/Healthy Holidays and New Year.

Trading Score
    88 (100%)

I believe electronics are either 10-20%. not more than that.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Was in the blair road store today--the prices were terrible-- you are better to go to the regular zellers to get good prices

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

In these takeovers, isn't there an intermediate company that does the liquidation? That way the 2 companies can't rip each other off. Isn't that why there are new rules and sales? We also can't use any Zeller's FB coupons now in the stores that are closing. As I understand it, these liquidation companies can be brutal. Their job is to get as much money from the items, yet clear everything out so they don't have to move it. I could be wrong though. Guess it all depends on the negotiations of the sale, really????
    Last edited by breylormom; Wed, Mar 14th, 2012 at 11:06 PM.
    I love the Swagbucks FREE Amazon gift cards: http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/breylormom

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

I went to the Kingsway Plaza Zellers in Oshawa,ON and that place is a total dump. I got some FABULOUS deals on Covergirl makeup. I got about $100 worth of makeup for $3 something thanks to all my trades for $4 covergirl coupons lol. But other then that everything else was more expensive on sale then WM is full price.

And I have to say..for all the people who feel bad for the people working at Zellers..I totally understand that. BUT I've NEVER had good customer service at ANY Zellers I've ever shopped at. The cashiers/managers were ALWAYS beyond rude to me because of my coupon usage. If they had better staff I think they would of stayed open longer. But when you have staff that treat your customer's like crap on a daily basis...WHO WANTS TO SHOP THERE?? NOT ME! I got so sick of the rudeness, the "we don't take coupons for sale or clearance items", and the "we don't take coupons on price matched items".

S&P
    Female
    CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If your ready to be treated like a sh*tty worthless customer by staff go right ahead and go to a Zellers in liquidation right now.

The customer service was always very poor to begin with but now it's beyond terrible. No one wanted to help me in the store. I asked one lady for help on the sales floor, she looked at me and laughed and walked away. Seriously?!

The sales weren't even that good. Everything seemed to be 10% off and some stuff 20%, Cosmetics was 30% off and that was the only worthwhile thing if you combine it with the P&G Vendor coupons.

Once I get to the register with my makeup, I had the most rudest cashier I've ever encountered. She did not acknowledge me, she then decided to scream out at me that "ALL SALES ARE FINAL and that I better not return anything back because they will not take it back. I said I'm aware that the sales are final. Then she said well you better. At this point I was becoming extremely annoyed and felt like leaving the product and walking out. I was just telling myself to calm down and I'll be out of here shortly. Boy was I wrong! I then pull out some of my Covergirl coupons and handed it to her. She then throws it down on the counter and said what the f*ck is this? I said excuse me? They are coupons I want to use. She said WE DON'T ACCEPT COUPONS because we're in liquidation. I'm like yes you do because I read the policy online. She said no. We argued back and forth and then I noticed the liquidation sales policy posted on the wall infront of the cash registers and pointed it out to her that vendor coupons are allowed. She said well even if we do I'm not gonna put all these through. Quoting her exact words "Sh*t!, there's too many coupons to put through, what's wrong with you?". Meanwhile I only had 5 coupons. At this point I wanted to speak the manager because of the way she was speaking to me and swearing. She said I can complain all I want but it's not going to do anything because the store is in liquidation and they can do whatever they want. I was extremely angry at this point and threw my merchandise over her cash and told her to go " f*ck herself" and walked out. Usually I don't scream profanity out in public but I couldn't believe the way I was treated at the Zellers store. No wonder they went downhill. Terrible Terrible Terrible!!!! It also didn't help that I went to a Zellers located in a predominantly low-income neighborhood of north Toronto in the Jane St. area Sheridan Mall. I'd also like to add the place was a complete dump with a bunch of miserable workers that treat you horribly.

I cannot wait until Target opens up and shows us what good customer service is.

Has anyone else had a terrible experience such as mine? I would also like to know what everyone else has encountered. I'm just in awe by the way I was treated. I've never been treated like this for spending money in one store.
    Last edited by S&P; Fri, Mar 16th, 2012 at 08:16 PM.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

comment on it on their facebook page.

you don't have to like them to do so, just type on their wall, it will show, and stay there

so many ppl have been complaining about the outright rude attitudes of staff in these stores.

like i have said before, you can compare it to contract work or seasonal work.

just because they know that their employment has an end date, doesn't mean they should be rude asses and still get paid.

they have plenty of time before their employment ends, lots of time to find new jobs. i know it is a less than ideal situation, but come on!
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

oh hang on, i didn't see the expletive you yelled. i wouldn't have done that, but that's just me

next time maybe just take a couple of deep breaths lol.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    oh hang on, i didn't see the expletive you yelled. i wouldn't have done that, but that's just me

next time maybe just take a couple of deep breaths lol.
    I agree but the cashier swore not once but twice with the poster. I would've called the manager so fast and still told her where to go!! And i hope when Target comes around to start hiring, they read all these stories of the horrible customer servie most of the Zellers stores staffed and instead hire some new people!!!

Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information