User Tag List

Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Zellers: Countdown to Closing - POST YOUR DEAL FINDS HERE!

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

well although the percentage didn't change decided to take advantage of the 60% of the gaming area. hubby already has the system so i bought myself some accessories and a DVD. no excuses to lose some weight even on rainy days
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Okay, here is today's update for the Westmount Mall, London, Ontario location

Clothing - 40% off (Olympic clothing 60%, some lingerie 50%, ladies coats 70%)
    Bedding - 40% off
    Art - 50% off
    Lamps - 50% off
    Bath - 40% off
    Pet - 30% off
    Cleaning - 10% off
    Food - 10% off
    Patio Furniture - 40% off
    Social Stationary - 40% off (basically cards that aren't Carlton, playing cards)
    Binders - 60% off
    Basic Stationary - 60% off
    Home Office - 60% off (pens, markers, etc)
    Scrapbooking - 40% off (still seemed like a lot there)
    Carlton Cards - 80% off (little left, and good luck finding a matching envelope!)
    Personal Hygiene - 30% off
    Storage - 40% off
    Toys - 40% off
    Video Games - 30% off (basically all electronics were in the 30-40% off range)
    Small Appliances - 40% off
    Cookware/Bakeware - 50%
    Satchels - 60% off (there are a lot of a messenger bag set that comes with a binder and pencil case left....best for girls though, as they all seem to involve pink)

Not much left in the makeup, just odds and ends. Only one jewelry stand (70% off) with only a few items.
    Lots of razors, lotions, shampoos, etc. as they aren't a good price yet.
    A lot of boxes look open, so I'd suggest maybe opening items you want to buy in front of an employee before actually scanning, to make sure everything is there and in one piece.
    Last edited by luckbealady; Wed, May 16th, 2012 at 05:45 PM.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Thanks for the update on discounts.

Boring, but well-meaning warning:

Please keep in mind that most people (myself included) reported that the Zellers clearance stores increased their prices in the weeks before the discounts.

Your basic "Buyer Beware" of knowing the current shelf prices at competitors' stores and what is a good sale are definitely in place for these clearance items.

Also, due to "no returns" you need to be really sure you want that item.
    anisa, GoJays and momgoneawol like this.
    TRADING COUPONS: FOOD, DENTAL, SOAP / BODY WASH/DEODORANT, SPECIAL CREAMS, MAKEUP, HEALTH, AIR FRESHNERS, HAIRCOLOUR, CLEANING, HAIRCARE/ SHAMPOO, DIAPERS, SHAVING, PET, MEDICINE,LAUNDRY, STORES, LONDON BUSINESSES, FAST FOOD, BATTERYPRODUCTS, CHILDREN FOOD and TOY, SMOKING CESSATION and lots more ​!!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by greencanuck View Post
    Thanks for the update on discounts.

Boring, but well-meaning warning:

Please keep in mind that most people (myself included) reported that the Zellers clearance stores increased their prices in the weeks before the discounts.

Your basic "Buyer Beware" of knowing the current shelf prices at competitors' stores and what is a good sale are definitely in place for these clearance items.

Also, due to "no returns" you need to be really sure you want that item.
    I'd also like to add check expiry dates. I already complained on Zellers' Facebook page of employees putting stickers over the expiry dates (at this particular store) and noticed today that the security stickers had suddenly disappeared off the item I got caught on.

But I agree completely. A lot of what is discounted is still not a great price. Another 10-20% and I'll be ready to buy.
    anisa and GoJays like this.

Trading Score
    88 (100%)

our stores discounts were on average 10-20% higher than those stated above for the Northland location. im finding the yellow area is increasing quite fast. im trying to get there everyday as long as its nice out. walking is a great form of exercise. so im keeping a close on eye on alot of stuff with only 2 weeks or so left. i've missed out on a few deals thinking meh they'll be there tomorrow. NOPE. if its a good deal and you need it get it. ill be going back today hopefully if not tomorrow for sure to get those deals. lots left i just want to make sure i get one before they are gone. have to laugh at the card and matching envie joke.. im still perplexed how they have a ton of cards with no envies.. what are ppl taking twice the amount of envies with their one card. if so how are they doing it without getting caught? im wondering if they are going to get to a point where they just bundle the cards up for a set price $1? etc. to get rid of them. you take your chances with what you get and find your own envies. be great for making bookmarks etc.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Any idea when the discounts on "Food" and "Health and Beauty" (paper towels, shampoo, etc.) will increase? They are still at a mere 10% off.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    78 (100%)

So far I have not been impressed with my local Zellers, prices are still way too high.
    Looking for FPC for almost everything. Growing teen boy eating me out of house and home. Visit my facebook page www.facebook.com/UneekCreations Will trade finished product from my Etsy shop.

Trading Score
    88 (100%)

heh General, they'll probably wait til the last few days to get rid of H&B and food cheap. it'll go fast.
    GoJays likes this.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I purchased a bunch of cards (at least 60 or so) for $42. I love to give nice cards, but refuse to pay more than one dollar for cards. I also stocked up on winter accessories hats, scarfs and mits as those seem to always get lost between my house and school. They were 80% off to, a great price. Ill be checking back next week too.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    heh General, they'll probably wait til the last few days to get rid of H&B and food cheap. it'll go fast.
    Thanks. In that case, can somebody keep me posted when the discounts on these items finally go up? I will be checking daily. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by generalB1B; Sat, May 19th, 2012 at 01:16 AM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

This is a partially related post....sorry didnt know where to put it..i went to the bay today and noticed that almost all of their clearance items were gone. i asked an associate..she said that any items they dont sell at the bay on sale/clearance they are shipping them to zellers. my zellers hasnt started liquidating yet but i hope it starts soon! and i hope to find these great deals too

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

the Zellers in Guelph is still at 40 to 70 percent off, the last day is June 18. When I was talking to a cashier on Wednesday she told me that on June 2, about 90 percent of the employees are done and that everything is going to be 90 percent off. I am waiting for the toys to go to 50 percent off, there are a few things I want to get for my daughter for Christmas.

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

Even at 10% my location is almost sold out of shampoo etc. Do people realize that is a terrible deal?
    Last edited by xox2010; Sun, May 20th, 2012 at 09:54 AM.
    GoJays likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    81 (100%)

Visited the Cole Harbor Zeller's clearance yesterday. Found some good deal on clothing, 40-70% off. Food, Health, Beauty and cleaning supplies weren't a very good deal, except the 32loads of ABC for 1.99

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Boy, liquidation isn't happening here yet, but after reading this thread, I don't hold out much hope of getting any great bargains! Most of those "big" discounts seem similar to sale prices -- less, even, if they've marked things up to begin with.

Funny how people who don't know will buy stuff up at a "liquidation" sale, even if it isn't a great price!
    GoJays likes this.

Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread Information