User Tag List

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Hello fellow Vancouverites. I am considering ordering from Amazon.com and ship the product to Pt. Roberts, WA. I go to Pt. Roberts every other week or so to fill up on some gas and noticed there are 3 shipping companies that operate in the little town. Have any of you tried the services? How was your experience? Which company is the best? Customs? Duty and taxes? Thanks in advance for your help! Here are the three companies:

http://tsbshipping.com/
    http://www.p2pparcel.com/
    http://www.thelettercarrier.com/
    This thread is currently associated with: Amazon.ca & Amazon.com

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    16 (100%)

I've never tried the one in Point Roberts, only because I live in Surrey. But I have tried the one in Blaine, and in Sumas. Both great experiences, and when I told the border I was going down to pick up a package from the shipping place, they didn't ask questions. MAKE SURE you DONT just say you are "picking up a package", lol, be clear that it is a PACKAGE FROM THE SHIPPING place, or they might think you are picking up drugs. lol.

On the way back they ask where I was, I tell the border guards that I went to pick up a package at the shipping place, they ask what it is, I tell them its my book or some clothes that I ordered, they ask the value, and they say "have a nice day". Pretty simple. I love shipping to the states. Wish I started doing it a lot sooner then I did. lol

hope this helps.

If it's free it's for me! newwestcouponer's Avatar
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I've used the Letter Carrier before. Never had any problems except they're disorganized. And if you have the same name as someone else you may not get an email notification when your package arrives so you have to call (and they'll be grumpy when you do). Aside from that.. The fees are so low and save you so much on shipping, it was worth it for me

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

how does sending your parcel to these little places work?! Do you have to call them in advanced to tell them you're sending a parcel to that address, or how does it work?!
    Please vote for my dog Pocky for the Fido Casting Call!!
    http://www.fidocastingcall.ca/dogs/18133

Thanks in advanced guys!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Nope, just use YOUR name and THEIR address. You should register your name and email on their website so that they can notify you when your parcel arrives, otherwise you have to rely on your tracking info, IF you have it. In sumas, they charge $5 flat, unless its the size of a loaded forklift pallette, then they charge $10.

Trading Score
    213 (98%)

my MIL uses the point roberts one for free shipping all the time and loves it. Im going to be using it soooon!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

With the letter carrier, I don't believe they are accepting any more new customers last time I checked (decembeer 2011). You need to register with them before you have anything sent in your name

Trading Score
    63 (100%)

Does anyone know where you could send mail to, like coupons?

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by nattyb View Post
    Does anyone know where you could send mail to, like coupons?
    PO Box?

Thread Information