User Tag List

Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By coupondude2012

Thread: Anti-Virus for an Android tablet? (Google Nexus 16GB)

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've always had Anti-Virus (Kaspersky) for my old desktop computer. I now have an Android tablet (Google Nexus) and wondering what anti-virus program I should use. I believe Norton and Kaspesrky have tablet based ones. Some people say you don't need an anti-virus for tablets. However, the tablet is my main computer. I imagine the Google Playstore will offer some free ones but not sure how good they are? Help! Suggestions? Thanks!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I use Avast (Free) for laptop, tablet and smartphone

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks! I plan on downloading Avast on Google Play.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Android is nothing like Windows and does not require an antivirus. Almost all (99.5%+) infections on Android happen from people who sideload pirated applications or download applications from app stores other than Google Play. As long as you only download trusted applications from the Google Play store you have absolutely nothing to worry about. Use common sense and read the permissions page before installing applications to make sure you understand what information the app has access to.

As for anti-theft, I highly recommend Cerberus or Prey. Cerberus is easily the best anti-theft app currently available for Android. It has every feature you could imagine and if you install it in the /system/app/ folder it is practically impossible for a thief to remove. As for the cost, Cerberus only costs $3 for a lifetime subscription. If you can't afford $3, Prey is for you. Prey is free and is constantly improving. It has the basic features you would need including location tracking, uninstall protection, remote data wipe, remote lock, etc. Also, Prey has applications for Windows, Mac, Linux, and iOS.

If anyone tells you anything different than what I've posted above you should immediately become skeptical. Either they have no idea what they're talking about or they're trying to scam you.
    Last edited by SmartConsumer; Sun, Jun 23rd, 2013 at 02:03 AM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'll second the recommendations for both Avast anti-virus and Prey anti-theft. You may not strictly speaking need anti-virus now, but it never hurts to be safe just in case. I use Avast on my computer and on all my android devices. It's really good.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Avast is good antivirus but not strong protected, i use est nod 32 and it give best protection.
    Faux Leather Jackets

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I also use Avast.

Thread Information