User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Trading Score
    174 (100%)

My 3 usual and favorite cashiers would not let me price match and use a coupon together today. This is my first time hearing this policy change. They had a memo for it. I wanted to price match Advil, soup etc and stack coupons with them and was told we no longer can???? Yet I just checked their website and it doesn't say anything about this change.
    This thread is currently associated with: London Drugs
    Last edited by tink30; Fri, Feb 10th, 2012 at 10:52 PM.
    RRLF COKE PINS and LUNCHMATE PINS

looking for a good deal.. Lily's mommy's Avatar
    Trading Score
    92 (100%)

I believe that memo came out mid dec. my ld hasn't allowed pms with stacks since then. It's been tough to shop and save the way we used to since then!

Trading Score
    174 (100%)

Yet they haven't updated their website. I am back in LD right now showing them and now they are just as confused as I am.

Trading Score
    174 (100%)

They said they are going to go by what the website says and took my coupons. They are going to contact head office on Monday to clear things up. This LD is always so good to me so I appreciate them taking the time to listen to me.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    16 (100%)

YAY! good job Tink!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    125 (100%)

what london drug was this ?

Trading Score
    174 (100%)

Guildford.

Trading Score
    52 (100%)

Great job Tink, guess we better go today while they are still doing it Thanks for sharing

Quote Originally Posted by tink30 View Post
    They said they are going to go by what the website says and took my coupons. They are going to contact head office on Monday to clear things up. This LD is always so good to me so I appreciate them taking the time to listen to me.

please add your SC's name when doing a trade
    then I can make sure I can rate YOU

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    125 (100%)

i went to the one on scott road.. and i wasn't allowed a pm and coupons use. .
    i mailed LD and asked for their updated coupon policy .. will post it as soon as i get it !

sux

Trading Score
    174 (100%)

I am really curious now that Scott Road said it too. They need to update their website if they are making this official.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

I posted this elsewhere today but I assume this is the memo that is being discussed.

I stared the relevant wording to this conversation. I am reading it as it is the coupon that may or may not restrict the combination of coupon and price matching and not the store itself.

I was given the following memo from a supervisor at LD in Victoria. Typed word for word excluding contact information for privacy.

We have been informed by the manufactures of Scrubbing Bubbles that they will not reimburse us if we stack this particular coupon.

New Scrubbing Bubbles- Coupon Language
    One coupon per purchase. One redemption per customer. Coupons/offer not valid in conjunction with other offers, promotions or discounts.

To break this down a bit:

One coupon per purchase-normally means we will stack since it implies they can only use of one of this type of coupon and other different coupons would be okay. In this instance, we cannot stack because the manufacturer will not reimburse us.

One redemption per customer. This mean one of this type of coupon per customer. Meaning, the customer can only purchase one product per visit.

**Coupons/offer not valid in conjunction with other offers, promotions or discounts. This coupon also can't be accepted if the product is on sale or price matched with other retailers.**

If customers are concerned with language use on the coupon they should be encouraged to contact the manufacturer with their feedback.

We are receiving significant pressure and push back from the manufacturers for coupon stacking. We would like to make it clear that from time to time you'll need to use discretion when stacking coupons and as a member of management you always have the right to limit quantities that are unreasonable.

Merchandising and Finace are putting pressure on the manufaturers to use clear language on their coupons and advising that we will side with customers in situations where their language in not clear. Finance has discussed the limited time our cashiers have to read every coupon and interpret the meaning.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Thank you for posting momof3heathens.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Save On Foods has the same new rule as well

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I quit trying this last summer, when they switched to the one pm and stack. I just wait for a sale now and HOPE that someone didn't shelf clear (ie scrubbing bubbles)

I have also gone back to the way I started couponing, which is couponing for only things I truly use. I don't need wipes, scrubbing bubbles, or 100 bottles of Vim, as I tend to clean with one or 2 items, and have no need for 49 types of cleaner in my home. I stocked up on bleach (I use a 20/1 bleach water solution) for most of the cleaning in my home. So the loss of stacking for many items, I really don't have much issue with. I found that for a while, I started to get caught up in the OMG, it's free so I MUST get it......but I gave myself a good kick in the rear, and am much happier for it!
    gone shopping!

Trading Score
    174 (100%)

So my question is does the memo only relate to Scrubbing Bubbles or to price matching of anything?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information