Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    I laughed so much.
    why???

I wish he were my dad.
    Why???

He cares so much for his daughter, he won`t let her become something that will be unhelpful to society when she is older.
    What????Hiow do you jump to that??

What a great payback-posting his video on his daughter`s Facebook page.
    Holla.
    He re-inforces his daughter's image of an over-controlling father. Who reads and mocks what she has to say on both her FB and his totally open FB page. A very un-positive image for a parent.

Loved his cowboy cap, ciggy dangling from one hand, his 0.45 gun and his honesty.

I think this video has gone viral on YouTube.
    It has....his over-compensating should be mocked...

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    The gun part scares me, what a redneck.

Having a son who was publically humiliated by a teacher and it took years to recover I disagree with him doing this and I would not be surprised if the daughter ends up killing herself.
    I'm sorry that happened to your son. I'm pleased you helped him recover.

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jjwbuster View Post
    If you read his facebook page he was investigated by the police as well as the child protection services. He states that the police thought what he did was great. Child protective services are having him take anger management counselling.
    Given that neither of those agencies openly publish their reports, we can take the police report with a pinch of salt. CPS is closer to the truth..or not!

Addicted To Laughing Cow TrixyLuxx's Avatar
    Trading Score
    11 (79%)

I disagree with the father. Every teenager is going to act out like that, she didn't do it to his face, she did it on her on facebook page to vent. When she gets older I''m sure she will understand her parents and about money. I think doing what he's done will only cause his daughter issues in the future, resentment, and little respect towards her father. Let your child grow on their own, live and learn. Being disrespectful is crossing the line, but it's not like she was treating her parents like s*it everyday. That "father" and I say that loosly, should get some help!
    Last edited by TrixyLuxx; Sat, Feb 11th, 2012 at 08:35 PM.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by snuffaluffagus View Post
    How sad. I think the father's idea of punishment in this case is abusive and an extreme exaggeration . I actually fear for the daughter, both mentally and physically . Where was he when "two wrongs don't make a right" was taught? What good has the daughter learned from his childish, tantruming behavior?
    The lesson she's learnt is being a Drah-ma Queen or King makes you right. Otherwise I can only go for abusive parental behaviour is the way to make good little citizens or something

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

The older you get the smarter your parents become.

Teens say dumb things, we all did, we all rolled our eyes behind our parents backs, she is a spoiled brat just like so MANY of us were and are.

If my dad this to me I would probably kill myself.

The cops that thought the dad did the right thing need counselling and are sick rednecks too.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Sadly mine became far more bigoted and a lot less understanding than I thought they were...

Teens say dumb things, we all did, we all rolled our eyes behind our parents backs, she is a spoiled brat just like so MANY of us were and are.
    yuppers. we grew up as good people. I'm sure she will too..her father is still waiting to grow up..

The cops that thought the dad did the right thing need counselling and are sick rednecks too.
    Those agencies don't publish ...I suspect people going 2+ 2 = 75,001,003.5 hey the police didn't come out and say he was bad!!!! so they support him.

Addicted To Laughing Cow TrixyLuxx's Avatar
    Trading Score
    11 (79%)

totally agree

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

That father has lost the trust of his daughter for the rest of is life.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Part of being a parent is modeling self control. I really believed he failed on that one.

Sexy Canadian Genius Miss_April's Avatar
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

I'm sorry that guy is a whackjob.

All teenagers , moan, and complain about their parents on facebook. He is the PARENT and should act like one. Not whip out his gun like a lunatic and start shooting up his daughters laptop, make a video of it and post it on youtube for everyone to see.

How embarrassing for his daughter, I feel so sorry for her. She must not want to leave the house and I don't blame her.

This is why certain people shouldn't own guns.
    Last edited by Miss_April; Sat, Feb 11th, 2012 at 09:32 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_April View Post

All teenagers , moan, and complain about their parents on facebook. He is the PARENT and should act like one. Not whip out his gun like a lunatic and start shooting up his daughters laptop, make a video of it and post it on youtube for everyone to see.

How embarrassing for his daughter, I feel so sorry for her. She must not want to leave the house and I don't blame her.

Someone call the funnyfarm.

I agree! IMO, she is a little "sass" and he is a nutbar. Who does this to their child??? The long term consequences for their relationship could be significant....

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I think sometimes we parents forget that we were once teens too and did/say some crazy things.

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_April View Post

This is why certain people shouldn't own guns.
    or have kids !

Sexy Canadian Genius Miss_April's Avatar
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DianneS View Post
    I agree! IMO, she is a little "sass" and he is a nutbar. Who does this to their child??? The long term consequences for their relationship could be significant....
    Totally agree.

I'm all for disciplining your child but this situation is just ridiculous. I would probably never want to speak to my dad ever again.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information