User Tag List

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I haven't watched the video but I've read about it on other blogs.

My understanding is that it was a computer she paid for with her own money and as some sort of weirdo punishment he took her possession and shot it with a gun.

That is all sorts of effed up. If she is a entitled brat, I can see where she gets it. If she spills her personal business all over the internet, I can see where she gets that too.

That man is wasteful and violent and doesn't respect his family's privacy.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    So basically...the father is still doing the talking and the daughter isn't speaking to any-one on her own.

So I highly suspect the father has just listened to what he wanted her to say and ignored the rest.

All he was proved is one of her points about him being a jerk. And now the whole world knows since he has re-inforced it. Her friends are probably thankful their parents are adults...

I didn't get that he is speaking for his DD or not allowing her to speak, didn't she decline to post? I do love that he said kids are stronger than you think. Does sound like she really has gained some lesson from all of this. ( ok yes if HIS words are to be believed) I am liking him a bit more now than when I first watched the shooting.
    I am sure this family will work through this now, I do see hope there.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That father was way out of line. In my mind all he was doing was enforcing the daughter's "temper tantrum". So what she posted on fb ranting and letting things off her chest. Yes she was out of line with the swearing and such and should of talked things out with her father. But from what I got from the video he more than likely wouldn't of listened. He does seem very controlling. Sure he was ticked off but shooting up the laptop was not the thing to do. If taking it away for a while didn't work then take it away and don't give it back until she has earned the money to "buy" it back. Don't let her on the internet, ground her to her room, ect, ect. But doing what he did was just as bad if not worse than what she did.

I have a teen daughter and she can be really nasty at times. But she does get in trouble. She has posted on fb a few times venting about things at home. To me that is her just saying that she needs my attention about something that I wasn't paying attention to. (there are two special needs siblings in the home and sometimes things slip though the cracks) Would I go posting a video of me shooting up her laptop. Heck no, that is just a childish as posting the vent. My daughter looses all freedom, she is driven to and from school, in her room with no t.v, radio, cell phone, internet, and is only allowed out of the house for school reasons or baton lessons. She has to do extra chores and doesn't get paid for them. My kids respect me and my rules but they do act out and push the limits. But it is my job as a parent to teach them the right way not to do the "stupid" things.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    I didn't get that he is speaking for his DD or not allowing her to speak, didn't she decline to post?
    I never said he was...but I didn't get the impression she would have been allowed free access to post exactly what she felt....She declined but I suspect the reason was not truely because she didn't want to be on camera....

If that changes I’ll post it here.
    Does seem to support my reading of his interview quoted in post 103.
    I could be wrong, of course and it would be nice if I was.

I do love that he said kids are stronger than you think. Does sound like she really has gained some lesson from all of this. ( ok yes if HIS words are to be believed) I am liking him a bit more now than when I first watched the shooting.
    I am sure this family will work through this now, I do see hope there.
    I'm liking him less, if possible. again from post 103

I finally came out and told her this today, partly because it was too funny NOT to share.

When my daughter made her post, she used Facebook's privacy settings to block "Family" and "Church" friend's lists. All her other friends could see it. We, of course could not.

<snip>

It wasn't any parent-hacking, computer spying, or monitoring of any kind.. the dog actually ratted her out completely by accident. She hasn't petted that dog all day today...
    Yuppers....veddy funny..not.

Until then, she can do chores, and lots and lots of them, so the people who ARE feeding her, clothing her, paying for all her school trips, paying for her musical instruments, can have some time to relax after they finish working to support her and the rest of the family. She can either work to make money on her own, or she will do chores to contribute around the house. She’s known all along that all she has to do is get a job and a lot of these chores will go away. But if you’re too lazy to work even to get things you want for yourself, I’m certainly not going to let you sit idly on your rear-end with your face glued to both the TV and Facebook for 5 to 6 hours per night. Those days are over.
    from post 104. In the orginal video the father mentioned her helping at his computer clinic...so yeah...she already has a job but I can only guess if he pays her the going rate for her help.....

And doing high school isn't the same as a 9-5 job. My 14 yo leaves home at 7.20am and doesn't get back until 5.45pm plus she has at least an hour of homework every night. so she's doing a 10 hour day plus overtime if you're looking at it from a working point of view.

Teens need around 10 hours sleep in order to keep up their mental and physical requirements. That only leaves 4 hours for eating, bathing and relaxing...

The chores my 2 DDs (14 &10 ) do are washing the plates and cutlery on week-ends, their own laundry* , vacuuming the carpets in the main room on a week-end and keeping their bedrooms clean.

DS(7) sets the table and vaccs on a week-end and keeps his room clean. When he's older laundry and washing up will appear since those are skills every-one who's an adult should know..

* I got fed up of " where's my gym kit/swimming kit/ clean uniforms???" I used to get on Wednesdays or Thursday, so i made them responsible...and there's never been a missing item since....wierd eh!
    Last edited by Darth Penguin; Tue, Feb 14th, 2012 at 09:07 AM. Reason: cos I can't count

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread Information