User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Extra Income

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysdaddysgirl View Post
    If you can't do the job then you shouldn't be doing it. If the flyer person was supposed to work somewhere on Wednesday but showed up on Friday whatever their reasons they would be fired.

I tried Creative Memories and Stella and Dot but I don't have the social network and the sell-sell attitude. I should find my S & D stuff and put it on Kijiji. Maybe make some of my money back!

Good luck I have been trying for years. It is difficult.

y question will sound dumb but what is Stella and Dot.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I find it amazing how we all are there for one another when our loved ones of life puts a wall in front of us.. life is not easy these days.. it seems something or the other goes wrong.. I mean my friend for instance.. look at her.. she got a nice job.. but health is not with her.. and yet some people are healthy and they can not find a job they can do or fill suit there lifestyle.. Some people are lucky they were born with silver spoons handed direclty to them while others work hard for every penny. There should be something out there that we all can do. just keep trying everyone.. all the best..

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    39 (100%)

This thread is scaring me..lol. I'm going to school to be a legal assistant and have 2 children. The oldest will be in kindergarten. Right now I have my mil looking after the kids, but am not sure how long that will last. My hubby is thinking of switching careers because he just can't get over his rollover. We want to pay off debts and buy a house and have our wedding in less than 5 years. Everything is going wrong for us, I am trying to be optimistic, but quite frankly I think it's pissing him off...lol..I just hope we can get ahead..he misses my couponing now haha. We've had to buy 2 cans of formula at retail price!!! I just don't have enough time to trade and collect.
    I also feel really guilty lately because I have to look professional and that means new clothes, haircut etc. Sigh..sorry I don't have help in the extra income department

Trading Score
    32 (100%)

thats all good, i understand your position as well. my family has the same style paths but im not working right now lol but its definetely hard. and its so nice that we can chat to others and get personal input on things that we really need help getting thru in life.

mhk
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    69 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Daisiefire View Post
    This thread is scaring me..lol. I'm going to school to be a legal assistant and have 2 children. The oldest will be in kindergarten. Right now I have my mil looking after the kids, but am not sure how long that will last. My hubby is thinking of switching careers because he just can't get over his rollover. We want to pay off debts and buy a house and have our wedding in less than 5 years. Everything is going wrong for us, I am trying to be optimistic, but quite frankly I think it's pissing him off...lol..I just hope we can get ahead..he misses my couponing now haha. We've had to buy 2 cans of formula at retail price!!! I just don't have enough time to trade and collect.
    I also feel really guilty lately because I have to look professional and that means new clothes, haircut etc. Sigh..sorry I don't have help in the extra income department
    Daisiefire - have you looked at consignement stores? There are so many upscale ones, and not expensive for that sort of designer clothing. http://capricewest.com/ is a good one. I have not been to it, but am on the mailing list for it.

Re formula - I think I have some for you waiting to be picked up. Sorry I have not been able to deliver, because we were in a vehicle accident too, and I have been using a rental vehicle - no GPS etc. Now the insurance co took the rental back as they have made an offer to settle..... oh well. I am sure everything will be better soon for all of us!

Trading Score
    84 (100%)

There are some full day kindergartens, but you would still need care for both children. So perhaps it's a waiting game until the youngest is 6. Then before & after school care isn't as much as daycare. Children grow so fast, 6 years turns out to be so little time. Things will change before you know it. Once you're a legal assistant, larger firms have night word processing so you could be home in the day and work in the evening, but not too late.

Trading Score
    48 (100%)

You would be surprised at some of the beautiful clothes that you can find at thrift shops. I rarely buy new clothes. I did have to fold as the wires starting coming out of my bras.

Trading Score
    84 (100%)

Yes, well there are some things which don't wear well...bras. There are also consignment stores that sell high-end clothes for a lot less. However, I've never found anything to fit me.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Daisiefire,

Don't stress out on anything.. there are very helpful people on here.. this forum is like a little family of friends.. we try to help each other out.. as far as your wedding goes.. if you ever need any help.. dont hesitate to ask.. I have good connections for hair, cake and other things like hall etc.. if you need small wedding things here and there that can be arranged as well.. Don't feel guilty sometimes we have to spend a bit more money.. but then again.. you just balance it out.. by saving or cutting down elsewhere.. Also check out value village I heard they have first monday's of the month where everything is 50%. Trust me everything will work out.. at times it feels everything is falling apart. I had experiences as such in life.. too.. MHK will agree .. but hey I am still here.. it is scary yes when one person is working and you at tiems have to live paycheck to pay check but hey at least we are not on the street right.. Cheers Chin up..

Trading Score
    32 (100%)

well put guys always keep your chin up because there are ppl out there at have nothing and what do we have a small-large stock pile and maybe we have money and maybe we dont but at least we have clothes, shelter, FOOD & most of Love and Support even the luxury of Internet if you have it at home. so we all should be happy with what we have and yes living pay check to pay check bites the big one but we can survive it wont kill us

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Thanks MHK. We have to go to West Ed to get my ring tightened. When we go we will stop by.
    My mil will look after my youngest for as long as she can. The last if the kids and grandkids she had living with her are gone now so she likes having something to do. My son will probably go to afterschool care just because they only have one vehicle so it makes it hard with grandpa working. He is a truckdriver too so leaves at all hours and sometimes gone for days. I just get worried because I know there will be extra expenses with me working. We should be fine with the amount of money my hubby makes, but he spends money on the road like mad. He asks where all the money goes. I wrote it all out and he was like "oops, I guess I can't spend like I'm single anymore" I guess I have to take control and make his lunch. He would rather starve then make his own lunch..( a bit lazy..sigh) he also smokes, that is a major expense. Me and the kids barely spend money. I used to be a single mother on welfare, so have learned to live life to the fullest without spending. I try not to feel guilty since his smoking expense out does mine and the kids extra spending in a month.
    We are finally getting our budget back in order since his accident. Things are looking up.
    He took me to M.A.C to start my makeup collection again. And since I've been working out and losing weight he's making me by new clothes. Lol
    Anyways blah blah this is long enough

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Oh and I have been looking around me lately. We really are lucky we have awesome kids, true love and all the necessities.

Trading Score
    48 (100%)

Thanks MHK. We have to go to West Ed to get my ring tightened. When we go we will stop by.
    My mil will look after my youngest for as long as she can. The last if the kids and grandkids she had living with her are gone now so she likes having something to do. My son will probably go to afterschool care just because they only have one vehicle so it makes it hard with grandpa working. He is a truckdriver too so leaves at all hours and sometimes gone for days. I just get worried because I know there will be extra expenses with me working. We should be fine with the amount of money my hubby makes, but he spends money on the road like mad. He asks where all the money goes. I wrote it all out and he was like "oops, I guess I can't spend like I'm single anymore" I guess I have to take control and make his lunch. He would rather starve then make his own lunch..( a bit lazy..sigh) he also smokes, that is a major expense. Me and the kids barely spend money. I used to be a single mother on welfare, so have learned to live life to the fullest without spending. I try not to feel guilty since his smoking expense out does mine and the kids extra spending in a month.
    We are finally getting our budget back in order since his accident. Things are looking up.
    He took me to M.A.C to start my makeup collection again. And since I've been working out and losing weight he's making me by new clothes. Lol
    Anyways blah blah this is long enough
    Would he be up for an allowance to keep his spending in check?

Weddings don't have to cost that much. If you know your colors pick stuff up slowly when it is on clearance. My colors were red and gold so all of my decor was bought after x-mas & v-day. Take Wiltons decorating classes at Michaels and do your cake. You can even do a fake one to pretend to cut then serve a sheet cake. My gift to all my friends were wedding cakes as we all got married around the same time.
    Last edited by alwaysdaddysgirl; Thu, Feb 16th, 2012 at 01:02 AM.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Yes we have discussed an allowance. And he is willing. We are going to buy his smokes at costco. He has already downgraded to a cheaper brand. I also called him on being to shy to go into convenience stores and use their microwave, so he doesn't have to eat sandwiches all the time. We also got him an electric cooler so he can keep veggies and such. He also needs to lose weight due to high blood pressure and all around health. So restaurants and fast food joints are not good. Now it's time for
    me to be a nag. I hate doing it, but for the love of my hubby and family, it has to be done lol.

My colours for the wedding are going to be pink and orange with a little green mixed in. We hope to have the wedding at the lake lot where we met. They are friends of ours, so we shouldn't have a problem. I will definitely start looking around and buying stuff though.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

If he already has high blood pressure and he keeps eating in fast food place he is a good candidate for getting type 2 diabetes.

D/h travels several times a week he always takes his lunch. He finds sandwiches convenient as he has to work through his lunch. At times he will not have a booking over a lunch and he is okay with taking leftovers but not routinely.

Here everyone takes their lunch-d/h,myself, the university student, and two teens. The oldest the university student understands the importance of this.

He has friends that buy their lunch and designer coffees everyday. A big sub.at Subway is $9 on campus..that is $45 a week...close to $200 a month...and that is only for the Sub not the any drinks.

I have a bad habit of buying coffee at work..it is a $2 a day habit I need to give up..

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information