User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Extra Income

Trading Score
    32 (100%)

so i was just wondering what the stay at home moms do as an extra income? currently looking to bring in an income from home tried several business's for myself but no luck. any suggestions out there would be greatly appreciated
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Body by vi, dayhome , dog walking, in home cooking classes if you are a good cook. Melaleuca to name a few

Trading Score
    32 (100%)

the dog walking may work but i have a 10month and a 3yr old at the moment so might be a little tricky may need to put a size limit on the dogs as im a very short person as it is loll..but i cant cook worth my life im terrible at it and i cant operate an actual business out of where i live so i would have to be able to do this kind of secretly.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Do you live near a school..before and after school care with older children that are not old enough to be at home on their own.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

If you have an extra bedroom you can house and international student. You provide the room, furniture and food for them. It's a little bit of work but pretty low-key. I would reccommend you request a girl though, mainly because boys around that age eat so much, we had a hard time keeping up. You can get high school or post secondary age kids, just call a nearby school and they should be able to point you in the right direction.

I have tried selling Avon, there shouldn't be any restrictions about being a sales rep out of where you live. You don't have to be zoned for it or anything, and you don't have to do any business with customers at your home. However you need to put a lot of work in to make a profit, and need to be a motivated sales person. If you are not good at selling stuff, following up with customers, or are shy like me you won't make money at it.

Pizza 73 hires people to take order's from thier home, it's pretty flexible and while you do have to work certain hours, you don't have leave the house. Information is on their website.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

Delivering papers! I do 4-5 hours/week only. It's flexible and helps you stay fit! Lol

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Papers would be good in summer might be tough in winter. How much extra income are you looking to make a month ?

mhk
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    69 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyWifeEdmonton View Post
    Delivering papers! I do 4-5 hours/week only. It's flexible and helps you stay fit! Lol

oooh - and you probably get any extra inserts sometimes?

Trading Score
    32 (100%)

well i am looking to make as much as i can to at least bring in some sort of income, i have done avon but like you said if your not a good sales person or work really really really hard at getting to books out then you make no income on it at all even when you do have a couple clients. i have also done shaklee and Zrii. i dont have any extra rooms to do the house a student although that would be great as i do live near a high school. and im not able to run a day home/out of school care from my house as per our condo boards demands of the condo owners. so frustrating i have thought about maybe doing shopping for the elder folks that dont like to do their shopping or are not able to however i feel on the board with this one as i look at it as they use that as an excuse just to get out of the house to get some excersise and do some social activities with friends. hmmm so much to ponder thank you for your ideas please keep them comming :0

oh and as for the paper delivery i have tried to get my route several times and they never return my calls or emails like im not suppose to be the one applying for the position. lol but right now one person in my neighborhood has both delivery routes in my area.. im hoping that due to the terrible job thats going on with the one that i will have a chance at it soon

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Buy and sell on kijiji...
    I buy things super cheap that people just want to get rid of them sell it for lower than what others are selling the same thing so I still make a profit and others are getting a great deal off me

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Oh and of course swag bucks!!! There's lots of other programs similar too

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I think delivering papers would be very difficult with two young children. Our paper comes just after 5 a.m. He does not have to do it that early but it is suppose to be here by 6:30 p.m.

The elder shopping is a good idea if you live in an older area. It's extremely difficult for seniors to manage to shop for groceries. If you have any arthritis it is really hard work.

You could put up signs in the seniors centres.

I m not sure if you have checked out kijiji but if you google kijiji edmonton jobs you will get an idea of what is out there. Sometimes people advertise for a days or weekend of work.

The other part is not to give up on the after care...the other option would be to go to the people's home. You would have to find someone that would be okay with your two kids there.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponcrazy86 View Post
    well i am looking to make as much as i can to at least bring in some sort of income, i have done avon but like you said if your not a good sales person or work really really really hard at getting to books out then you make no income on it at all even when you do have a couple clients. i have also done shaklee and Zrii. i dont have any extra rooms to do the house a student although that would be great as i do live near a high school. and im not able to run a day home/out of school care from my house as per our condo boards demands of the condo owners. so frustrating i have thought about maybe doing shopping for the elder folks that dont like to do their shopping or are not able to however i feel on the board with this one as i look at it as they use that as an excuse just to get out of the house to get some excersise and do some social activities with friends. hmmm so much to ponder thank you for your ideas please keep them comming :0

oh and as for the paper delivery i have tried to get my route several times and they never return my calls or emails like im not suppose to be the one applying for the position. lol but right now one person in my neighborhood has both delivery routes in my area.. im hoping that due to the terrible job thats going on with the one that i will have a chance at it soon

That is a good idea, looking after the seniors in the community, is a good way for making money.. I know someone who does that she has a 3 month old.. You have to do alot of advertising, sometimes even go to retirement homes as well. .but its good money..

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

i didnt know that about pizza 73!!! i could totally do that. im gonna check that out thanks orual!

Trading Score
    32 (100%)

thank you all for the ideas you all have given me some great ideas. i will have to look into them all and i do live in an elderly neighborhood just need to get the word out that i will help them out to get the groceries and i will check out the Pizza 73 as well sounds like a great idea too. and the buy sell thats a great idea if you are able to do at this time right now im not able to do so as i am not currently driving.. need to make some money so that i can insure my car lmfao.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information