User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Trading Score
    21 (88%)

This is such a great brag!

My DH and I tried to adopt a border collie cross from a local rescue and they wouldn't even come and inspect our house let alone set up a date where we could meet! I was heart broken by the coldness of the lady who runs the organization and that poor dog is still looking for his 'fur'ever home. So I am glad that you are able to do some good and help out these loving innocent animals in their time of need!

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

So Chico had some hair issue, he needed to be shaved ASAP. After 4 hours of shaving, there was 3 legs and his head left to do... the clipper died on us. We gave the batteries a charge and continued today. While I was out shopping, DH decided to give him a hair do that fits his personality.

We have a su with a mohawk!!!

Trading Score
    47 (100%)

wHAT AN AWSOME STORY !! LOVE THE DOGGIES !!! LOTS IM GALD THERE IS PPL LIKE YOU WHO CARE ABOUT THE WELL BEING OF ANIMALS !

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by averyrealboy View Post
    I read all the replys and even now I still find it hard to see masons picture. You see mason was "daddys boy". I never expected mason to touch me in the way he did. He always let me know when he was about to have a seizure. And while he was in seizure I was always there. So he kept eye contact through the entire time. And when it was over and he came back around he would hug me (put his head against my chest) as if to say "thank you for bein here daddy...I love you". Having to put mason to sleep was one of the hardest things I ever had to do.
    Sometimes believe it or not strange things happen that remind us of someone lost but never forgotten. One night picsou brought me a toilet paper roll. That was masons favorite toy. He could play with one for hours despite all the other toys he had. I cried when he did that. Thank you mason for the lovely reminder. I will never forget you. Here is my favorite picture of mason. I call it "Daddy and mason nap together". Enjoy it
    Quote Originally Posted by Arielmac View Post
    So Chico had some hair issue, he needed to be shaved ASAP. After 4 hours of shaving, there was 3 legs and his head left to do... the clipper died on us. We gave the batteries a charge and continued today. While I was out shopping, DH decided to give him a hair do that fits his personality.

We have a su with a mohawk!!!

Aw you guys are killing me!!

I am tearing up, crying, was ok for a moment then averyrealboy puts his post up and I'm full out sobbing ( the toilet paper roll did it)
    I think the mohawk was a fab idea dad! Chico will find all the young gnarly girl dogs love that look!

You guys rock! So nice to know that the animals most at risk and need the most care are connecting with you till they get placed.

Carry on furloving freaks!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    96 (100%)

Thank you both for sharing your beautiful story. You are doing such a special thing by allowing those dogs to have a second chance. Love Chico's new do. I do my mini poodles with a battery clipper too. I find its much quieter and so less stressful than a louder corded one. Happy Valentines Day!

Trading Score
    47 (100%)

Very touching! I love these brags.
    Just joined Kiva.org, an organization that funds micro-loans to people in developing countries. I love the idea that the $25 I saved in groceries can be given to a fish woman with 5 children in the Philippines to help grow her business.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thank you for being a foster mom to pups in need. I use to foster for a Jack Russell rescue but had to stop because my foster failure is dog aggressive with most other dogs. Plus with two special needs kids and our newest rescue (not from the rescue I use to help but rather one we rescued ourselves) now being trained to be service dog. There just isn't the time to commit to all the work that goes into being a foster parent.

Fostering for abused pups is the hardest thing to do. I admire people that can keep doing it even through all the heart breaks that may happen.

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Unfortunately Chico will not be staying with us. Since we are managing a big apartment building, there is a lot of people at my door everyday and it seems to be stressing him a lot, to a point that he jumped on a tenant and bit her. Last night, he even attacked DH when he walked in the bedroom.

I am blessed to be working with a good rescue since they understand the situation very well and we both came to the same conclusion, we are not the problem, the environment is not suited for Chico.

As soon as we have another good match, I will present you our new foster fur baby and keep you posted on his/her adventures.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

You did what was right for Chico and that is what matters. Too bad dogs can't tell us exactly what they have been through, I can only imagine the things that turned him so unpleasant, poor thing.
    Did your tenant get bit through the skin? Must have been scary for her too.
    Wish you well with your next doggy

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Yes she did but she was not angry, she understood. She was stressed herself due to bad events and she said it herself: I gave him my stress. She is such a sweetheart.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

^^ glad she was fair about it, some take advantage and launch a bogus complaint.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    52 (100%)

Right now I am in the holding pattern for getting our next foster dog to the house. You know that lovely get them from where they are to where they are going and such. Mind you are new little lady is not so little about 150lbs of Great Dane. I don't get much bed space right now with my current second hand dog, I think I will be getting even less now.

Fostering is an awesome feeling, even when you have to say good bye when they get their new furever homes. Being the one that takes them from scared and problemed to ready for the whole world to love them is very rewarding.

Keep up the great work!!

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Jasminenicole View Post
    This is such a great brag!

My DH and I tried to adopt a border collie cross from a local rescue and they wouldn't even come and inspect our house let alone set up a date where we could meet! I was heart broken by the coldness of the lady who runs the organization and that poor dog is still looking for his 'fur'ever home. So I am glad that you are able to do some good and help out these loving innocent animals in their time of need!

Really? Thats not right. If they feel you don't qualify at least explain why and give you a chance to defend yourself.

I know some rescues frown upon someone working full time and owning a dog, at least thats what I found when i was first looking at rescue sites.
    But I always said to them, how can I afford to take care of a dog responsibly if i don't work full time??? I know their just concerned about a dog being home all day alone. But every dog i've ever owned has slept all day!! Even when im home Tuckers just snoozing away and will wake up and shoot me a dirty look if i start vacuuming or making too much noise cleaning. And he'll sometimes even leave and go in the bedroom! lol

Don't give up. Keep looking. I got my guy from a rescue (see sig below).

Oxford County Coupon Girl deniconn's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

You are my HERO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Join Swagbucks and earn free rewards just for searching the internet! So easy and fun!! CLICK HERE to get started today!!

Check out my new blog for couponers in the Ingersoll/Woodstock, Ontario area!!
    Denise's Coupon Blog

Trading Score
    21 (88%)

All I did was facebook message the lady and inquired about the dog and right off the bat she was just "No sorry, you aren't what we are looking for"...in a not so nice way. So I am not really sure what her criteria was..... And there is always someone home at my house so no little(or big) guy would be left alone. Not to mention I have always had dogs growing up and did my volunteer hours in high school with an animal rescue group! It just goes to show that people are to quick to judge. I was more than a little dumb founded to say the least!
    Your dog is lovely! I'm sure he's one lucky pup

We are still looking though, just not through that group.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshyne1 View Post
    Really? Thats not right. If they feel you don't qualify at least explain why and give you a chance to defend yourself.

I know some rescues frown upon someone working full time and owning a dog, at least thats what I found when i was first looking at rescue sites.
    But I always said to them, how can I afford to take care of a dog responsibly if i don't work full time??? I know their just concerned about a dog being home all day alone. But every dog i've ever owned has slept all day!! Even when im home Tuckers just snoozing away and will wake up and shoot me a dirty look if i start vacuuming or making too much noise cleaning. And he'll sometimes even leave and go in the bedroom! lol

Don't give up. Keep looking. I got my guy from a rescue (see sig below).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information