User Tag List

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    52 (100%)

Just wanted to know what folks thought about trading for PayPal money for coupons??

Is this allowed? I know I would pay certain amounts for certain things that I am looking for because I am now on the "Coupon Team" for the festival that I work with and we need A LOT of stuff specially for the kids program. I also do donations to local food banks and such and well overages for my own use are AWESOME so you never know.

Anyway let me know what folks think.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    52 (100%)

Okay folks, I see you all peeking in but what is your opinion.. would it be the same as trading gift cards?

Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I wouldn't, personally.

Buying coupons really breeds a greed in people I would not encourage. See Ebay for an example.
    ~~ i just scored a FREE wireless printer thanks to SWAGBUCKS! The reward community that works! Sign up now to try it out -- http://www.swagbucks.com/lilmonke

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

I would have no problem, as people are accepting Canadian Tire Money in exchange of stamps and stamps.

As well be same as GC, and to me since i'm a Business Paypal user I have instant access to funds via my PAYPAL DEBIT/MASTERCARD which i can use anywhere that mastercard is accepted its alot better then a GC for me.

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    52 (100%)

Thanks Anne for the link, that is what I wanted to make sure of.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    135 (100%)

While it's not permitted on SC, I personally don't see a different between GC and $$$. We're still paying for the coupons if we are giving someone a GC. In fact, sometimes (for me) it's harder to go get the GC depending on which store, than if I just had to PayPal someone the $$. It's also a clear money "trail" with PP if the other user says they did not receive it, unlike most transaction involving GC.

Just my two cents!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    597 (100%)

I get paypal from webperspectives and places like that, it doesn't cost me anything .

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

Well SC does not condon SDM Points trading either, and 60% trade lists have or auctions ask for them
    Tangerine Orange Key - 14330176S1

Become a new Tangerine client and open a Tangerine Savings, Chequing, TFSA, GIC or RSP account with an initial deposit of $100 or more and useOrange Key -
    14330176S1 to earn yourself a free $50 deposit bonus. http://www.tangerine.ca/en/referafriend/index.html

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    135 (100%)

Yes, but not condoning does not = not allowed. SC doesn't condone trading points but PayPal is NOT allowed, so a slight difference.

Quote Originally Posted by theguyz View Post
    Well SC does not condon SDM Points trading either, and 60% trade lists have or auctions ask for them

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

In reality what is traded is amongst the individual's involved. So in essence you could trade anything privately unless mods and admins breach privacy and monitor all PM's

If traders agree and not illegal should be allowed.

The trading is illegal of SDM Points as per there rules, you are allowed to transfer between family members but selling/ trading and being caught can terminate all accounts involved.
    Tangerine Orange Key - 14330176S1

Become a new Tangerine client and open a Tangerine Savings, Chequing, TFSA, GIC or RSP account with an initial deposit of $100 or more and useOrange Key -
    14330176S1 to earn yourself a free $50 deposit bonus. http://www.tangerine.ca/en/referafriend/index.html

Trading Score
    63 (100%)

I would consider using paypal as paying for coupons and I thought paying for coupons was illegal....gift cards is a bit different because they can be earned from web sites or recieved as actual gifts.(and yes some sites give u paypal money for doing surveys etc. but its basically virtual money to buy things online so its still buying them) jmo...

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

It is not up for debate, Paypal trading is simply not allowed. If people haven't noticed, we have had to run damage control for allowable trades, that sometimes can and do go bad, in the form of trades mod (Sally888). Allowing Paypal into trades is a whole other can of worms that SC is NOT going to open. Sorry.
    Last edited by AmberLab; Thu, Feb 16th, 2012 at 12:57 PM.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

Not trying to open up a can of worms,

But I make $ a week by doing surveys and get paid via paypal. To me its same as person doing surveys, etc for GC's.

A person can use physical cash and buy giftcards, same as Paypal.

So a person purchasing a GC is or should not be allowed to use as a trade then... as exception to using GC from what i have read is that they can be as rewards for doing things and not considered physical cash.

And to go other route, how many people saw there SDM points go bye bye by doing trades and not securing there card information here.... but as stated not condoned, but allowed to still trade them here ....even though it is 100% against the SDM Points policy ( no trading/selling points)

As well I see some tried trading used stamps......

Just my 2 cents....as i know there are other reasons why paypal not allowed.......( transaction fee's, fraud, disputes, funds clearing, etc... ) and no protection as no one would ship registered mail coupons to get insurance on transaction as too expensive.
    Last edited by theguyz; Thu, Feb 16th, 2012 at 04:43 PM.

Thread Information