User Tag List

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

So many companies now have a facebook presence with customer service/marketing people responding regularly to comments. So many of the comments are complaints/whining that I wonder how helpful the use of facebook is to the image of the company.

Is it really in their best interests to enable people to post to their wall?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Facebook and Google scare me a bit.
    Too much power.
    We only use Facebook for coupons.

We have told friends we will talk on the phone, e-mail or do the old fashioned visit.
    Hmmm. E-mail is interesting too. Does Google or Hotmail own my e-mails or do I?
    Paranoid much?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I cant speak for every company, but it does seem to be helping big brands. Every time they post a status update, they get more interested customers. They do quite a bit of advertising on there. But I guess it does cost money to hire people to look after their facebook page, post updates, and design campaigns. It must be working though, as they're still going strong.
    Wanna get paid giftcards and Paypal cash? Join Swagbucks right now!
    Don't you want free giftcards, prizes and money just for clicking?
    I've earned $180! Join Superpoints today

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

I think it has its pros and cons. It gets them more attention, which usually means more customers. It is also nice to be able to contact a company through the ease of facebook and often get a fast response instead of waiting days via e-mail. But yes, I agree, there is a lot of whining. People who 'boycott' the company because they didn't get the coupon/contest/giveaway, etc. Some people expect everything. As if these companies owe it to us to make sure each and every one of their thousands of fans on their page gets a free product.
    I do think Facebook makes it easier for companies to give back to their customers. No, they don't owe us anything. However, a good company knows they should 'thank' their customers and give back. Which keeps their customers coming back and also gets them new ones.
    I liked Maple Leaf and Kellogg's already, but now, thanks to their coupons and giveaways....I put them at the top of the list for companies who actually care about their customers.
    Last edited by leda; Sat, Feb 25th, 2012 at 11:33 AM.

Thread Information