User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I am fortunate enough to live across the street from a Nofrills, where you can purchase No Name (store brand products) that are considerably less expensive than brand name products and slightly less expensive than the same No Name products from Loblaws. Which No Name products do you find is same or exceeds its brand name counterparts? I personally see no difference between No Name sour cream as well as their cheddar cheese from the brand name products.
    This thread is currently associated with: Loblaws, No Frills
    Last edited by tomatosoupx; Sat, Feb 18th, 2012 at 07:21 PM. Reason: typo

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

i honestly haven't bought no-name in years, since i started couponing seriously about 5 years ago. i do agree with you on the sour cream, it's not bad.

i do still purchase president's choice products every now and then when they have something that looks good
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    i honestly haven't bought no-name in years, since i started couponing seriously about 5 years ago. i do agree with you on the sour cream, it's not bad.

i do still purchase president's choice products every now and then when they have something that looks good
    That's awesome. I've actually used coupons for No Name products. Loblaws often has tear pads that I found out were not only for Loblaws but all of the stores by that company (Nofrills, Fortinos etc..). They never offer the tear pads during sales at Loblaws, however, I am sometimes fortunate enough to pick up a coupon at Loblaws that is for a store brand product that happens to be on sale at No Frills or Valu-mart. I usually stock up. I'm a student so it's great for my student budget.

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

I really like the no-name version of Shake n' Bake. It's usually $1.49 but sometimes goes on sale for $1 for two packets per box. It's less salty than the brand name, and the brand name is usually quite expensive for what the product is.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

I like the our compliments gf Mac and cheese and gf bread crumbs!!!! So glad they have store brand!! Too bad No Frills and Loblaws don't
    New mom October 2014!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Abby5 View Post
    I like the our compliments gf Mac and cheese and gf bread crumbs!!!! So glad they have store brand!! Too bad No Frills and Loblaws don't
    They have store brand mac and cheese at the No Frills near my house. Only $0.59 for regular mac and cheese and about $1 for PC one. I'm not sure about bread crumbs.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Minou View Post
    I really like the no-name version of Shake n' Bake. It's usually $1.49 but sometimes goes on sale for $1 for two packets per box. It's less salty than the brand name, and the brand name is usually quite expensive for what the product is.
    Do you know how much the brand name one is?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Their 100% real frozen pink lemonaid juice is super good too!

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tomatosoupx View Post
    They have store brand mac and cheese at the No Frills near my house. Only $0.59 for regular mac and cheese and about $1 for PC one. I'm not sure about bread crumbs.
    They are not GF (gluten free) though
    New mom October 2014!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Abby5 View Post
    They are not GF (gluten free) though
    Ohhh. I'm glad you found a store brand one that is =)

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tomatosoupx View Post
    Do you know how much the brand name one is?

Store Brand shake n Bake is from 2.29 and up depending on where you shop. NO frills has it usually for 2.29 on sale this week for 2.00

Trading Score
    83 (100%)

I love the Rice Crispies. I find the Rice Krispies brand too sweet. And they are way cheaper and come in a box of 40.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ashokia View Post
    I love the Rice Crispies. I find the Rice Krispies brand too sweet. And they are way cheaper and come in a box of 40.
    I've tried those. They are very good.
    Check out Beyond The Rack for great deals on clothing, accessories and houseware!
    http://www.beyondtherack.com/member/invite/B9563660
    Have you tried Swagbucks? As a student, I am very thankful to have an opportunity to earn gift cards and even cash through PayPal! Good luck =) http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/tomatosoupx

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

For food items No name shake 'n bake & sometimes pop (but NOT Walmarts brand) depending on if Pepsi is on sale, Harmonie ketchup is the only ketchup I'll eat & Co-op buns, I love thier buns.
    For household products I'll buy whatever is cheapest, batteries, toilet cleaner, "mr clean" cleaner, windex, printer ink, garbage bags are usually still cheaper to buy generic. However I will never buy no name brand garbage bags again after almost every bag in the 100 count box ripped trying to open it or broke on the way outside.
    I am currently looking for coupons for non parishable foods or grocery coupons good until December to help with Christmas food helpers.
    If you have any to trade please PM me.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

No Name (Extra Foods)
    canned mushrooms are awesome!
    microwave popcorn - pops the most out of any brand I've tried, and that's most of them
    frozen perogies - pretty good
    pasta sauce (garlic and herb, for example, similar to Hunt's Thick n Rich, but better!)
    cookies - ice wafers are good; best are chocolate covered graham cookies (come in a tray in a bag) - none of our stores can seem to keep them in stock!

Co-op - Harmonie
    Harmonie canned mushrooms are great.
    Co-op frozen perogies (in 750g bag in meat section, not the other kind in the box with the frozen entrees) are the closest to homemade I've found. They often go on for $1.
    Harmonie and Co-op sour cream - same as DairyLand, very good.
    Co-op Gold oven french fries - totally awesome, our absolute fave.

Our Compliments - Sobeys
    Absolutely amazing frozen french fries - Balance steak cut fries
    frozen perogies - pretty good

Safeway /Lucerne
    Lucerne ice cream is the bomb!
    Love all the frozen ice cream novelties - the ice cream cones are BETTER than the brand name ones. Love the neopolitan ice cream sandwiches, too!
    Son loves Lucerne yogurt and mousses. (mice?)
    Lucerne milk is the only one we'll buy in addition to DairyLand.
    Tetra juices are good - the only place I ever found pina-colada flavoured juice in 3 or 4 pack, which my son just loved!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information