User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

OK gang-I have older kids and I HATE to admit it but I guess I am out of the loop as far as what is trendy for baby showers. My daughter (14) and I are going to make a baby clothes flower bouquet but I want to add on an amazing gift that will be of great use and my cousin will remember us by. Can any of you newer mom's enlighten me as to what your favorite gift(s) have been, what did you really appreciate or use a lot? Any help is really appreciated, tia...
    This thread is currently associated with: Guess

Shameless Reps FTW krysta lynne's Avatar
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

never had a baby shower for either, but as far as awesome hifts go, i got a mobile that that was amazing. and i bought a swinging chair for DS and it was honestly the best thing I ever bought. It would have been nice if it had been a gift... ummm.... also toiletries like baby wash and stuff is great to have lots of, and since you are going the clothing route.. pacifiers, pacifier holders, nail clippers, thermometer... accessories basically are awesome.
    Feel free to use my shop.ca referral link! Tons of products and great deals! http://www.shop.ca?plcktb=ZwVwXmoC0

Trading Score
    386 (100%)

No one had a baby shower for me

There were two pregnant girls at my workplace, and on my last day the manager had told me. "oh I wanted to throw you a shower, but everyone else was having one for *so and so* I didn't think anyone would come to yours"

The other girl had her baby taken away at 4 weeks old, so she really didn't NEED a shower anyways.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

My favorite was from my neighbor that worked at mead-Johnson at the time. You guessed it 3 cases of large size powder formula and 20 fpc!!! And they said to just let him know and he will bring some more cases home...once we know what kind the baby will be ok with!!!! This was the best news for a teen mom going back to school before her baby was a month old . My favourite gift to give is a foldable high chair(so u can leave it in the car). My friend had a sleeper party for her sister...we came in our pjs!!! And we all gave her sleepers all different sizes!! I think she got 50 sleepers from birth to 24 months!!! She loved it!!
    New mom October 2014!

claires mommy too! <3 gracesmommy's Avatar
    Trading Score
    392 (100%)

i was very fortunate and had 2 showers for my first daughter. i think for me, the best gifts were diaper cakes and these really big flannel blankets my husbands cousin made..they were (and still are) fabulous. the swing is also an awesome idea, especially if you can get a few ppl to chip in on one. ive always found stuff like fitted crib sheets, diapers, tylenol, thermometers, humidifer - i'm kind of practical - to be some great gifts. as stinkin' cute as new baby clothes are i think everyone tends to give those as gifts.. so maybe try something different?

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Well, it was nearly 10 years ago that I had a baby shower (yikes! LOL) but when I did have the shower, this was my best gift ever:

http://www.thefirstyears.com/product...1?locale=en_US

It was a little portable-like change pad thing that you could lay down on a public change table. It has a pouch for baby wipes and another side pocket to store a fresh diaper or two. Awesome. I loved it so much that whenever friends became newly pregnant, I always bought them one of those.
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

At my shower my favourite gifts were:

-baskets of meds etc (Infant Tempra, orajel, gripe water, ovol, etc). As a first time parent I NEVER thought of buying that stuff. It's nice to have it on hand just in case!

-crib sheets! At the time I didn't think much of it but my mom bought me about 5 really cute crib sheets. They have been well used! Of course you think of buying lots of clothes, burp clothes, swaddling blankets but not sheets. So handy to have extra's in case of accidents (pee, throw up, etc).

-Homemade Quilt - so cute, warm and a great keepsake for later

-Womb bear, my son LOVES his.

I went to a shower this past weekend for my SIL and she got a wooden rocking chair! GREAT idea. It was by far the best present. My other SIL is having her shower next month and is now hoping she gets one too. lol.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

My favourite was my Angelcare monitor. It has given me a lot of piece of mind and the ticking sound it makes puts me to sleep at night.
    Large flannel receiving blankets, medicines and a high chair that straps to my kitchen table chair (impossibly small kitchen, total space saver) make my list of great shower gifts I received.
    pinkflowergirl86

RRLF most baby related coupons! PM me!

Shameless Reps FTW krysta lynne's Avatar
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkflowergirl86 View Post
    My favourite was my Angelcare monitor. It has given me a lot of piece of mind and the ticking sound it makes puts me to sleep at night.
    Large flannel receiving blankets, medicines and a high chair that straps to my kitchen table chair (impossibly small kitchen, total space saver) make my list of great shower gifts I received.
    i have one of those high chairs! best ever! it was my daughters and my son uses it now. best thing i ever bought
    Feel free to use my shop.ca referral link! Tons of products and great deals! http://www.shop.ca?plcktb=ZwVwXmoC0

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Oh WOW-lots of great ideas guys!!! Thanks so much for contibuting, keep the ideas coming if you can...

couponchick
    Trading Score
    172 (97%)

my favourite gift at my shower was the baby bjorn - my kid lived in that thing... more expensive then most gifts but well used and stood up to its quality.
    Now im expecting my second and my sis is throwing a shower again for my family and im having a hard time knowing what i need... (well find out gender hopefully tomorrow) so that could change, but i would love supperworks gift cards to help the ease with two young ones

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by krysta lynne View Post
    i have one of those high chairs! best ever! it was my daughters and my son uses it now. best thing i ever bought
    I had a high chair like that too, it was great. I've also made a diaper cake (if someone non-crafty like me can do it, anyone can!), and the recipient was thrilled, thought I'd bought it like that! They're great if you mix up several brands/sizes of diapers so that the new parents can try several to see what works.

Best thing we received as a gift - Robeez! I would never have spent $30 on little shoes, but after we tried them I realized these were amazing little shoes. The knockoff ones aren't nearly as good, and the real deal is durable. When my DS outgrew them they were still in fabulous condition, so I sold them on Kijiji for about half the value of new ones. Most importantly, they stay on the kid's foot so you don't lose them easily.

Funny story about Robeez. One day in winter, I got home with DS in his stroller and was missing one of the darned shoes (I think it was actually in a pocket and it fell out). I never did throw out the other, hoping that it would get found. At least a month or two later, we'd had some rain and much of the snow had melted. As we're walking home, DS start pointing, excitedly saying, "Shoe! Shoe!" I was like, what the heck are you talking about? Sure enough, on top of a partially melted snowbank, there was the shoe! I took it home and washed it up a bit, and it was as good as new.
    Last edited by Zonny; Thu, Feb 23rd, 2012 at 09:45 AM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I'm expecting our first child, due in September. I added a few things from this list to my buy for baby list. Thanks
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

My fave was definitely a homemade patchwork baby quilt made by one of the university students I was tutoring.
    Others - 'large' flannel blankets my mom made; hand-knitted bonnet and sweater (not made by the giver, but the ladies from the hospital auxiliary at a hospital where my sister worked - our son looked SO sweet in it, it was mint green and white, such soft material).
    A bunting bag (what we called it anyway) - like a little sleeping bag, kinda. Our son was born just as winter started, so this was plenty warm and easy to take him around in. Didn't need or use the furry tiny snowsuit we got... but it sure was cute!

LOVE the idea of the assorted basket of things which lola mentioned - I'll definitely use that in the future as a gift idea.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Oh oh, something else! My brother gave me a book called, "The Happiest Baby on the Block." Had SO many great tips, the biggest one for us was how to swaddle. You don't need a fancy, expensive swaddling blanket with velcro to do it, you need a really big receiving blanket or two good-sized ones that are overlapped on the edge to make a big one.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information