User Tag List

Trading Score
    90 (100%)

Can anyone suggest an internet provider, I had some issues with eatlink and cancelled but after my visit this morning I will never try their services again.

The day before yesterday I call eastlink and told them I would be cancelling out cable and internet with them. they were fine with this and told me I just have to drop off the boxes and modem at any eastlink store, I told them I would do this by the end of the week. This morning I was getting ready to go out when someone knocked at my door ( I live in an apartment building usually guests have to be buzzed in) so I assumed it was my super. no it was a man from eastlink, he said he was there to take back the boxes, i told him i was going to do it myself. he said he would do it, i explained that my boyfriend was still sleeping and that one of the boxes was in our bedroom and i wasnt comfortable with him coming in ( noone called and told me he would be coming). He said he wasnt going to fight me..i said i wasnt fighting but now is not a good time and i will return them to the store.. he then said that if he doesnt bring the boxes back he doesnt get paid and that i am costing him money, i told him that eastlink should habe called and tole me someone was coming, he them said that they dont call because if they do people wont answer or give the boxes back. i informed him that i was the one who had cancelled the service and had no intention of keeping useless boxes.. he then rolled his eyes and started to walk away.. i said excuse me but where would be the best place to drop them off since they want the urgently, he siad oh youre actually going to return them in a sarcastic voice.. at this point i just closed the door. should I call and complain about this person.. and can they just send someone to my home without notice.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Wow, scary! Nice customer service

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I would definitely call and complain, ask to speak to a manager and I definitely wouldn't be nice about it. They do get these boxes back because if you don't return them, they hire a collections agency to recover the price of replacing the equipment.

Do you know if it was it an actual Eastlink employee or one of those contractors they hire?

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I cannot stand eastlink! That being said I switched to Bell when I moved 2 years ago and somehow they were worse so I switched back to eastlink.

I would definitely get In touch with eastlink and tell them that you didn't agree to an appointment, that you said you would drop them off and that the technician was extremely rude to you. In my experience they billed me until the boxes were back in their possession but it may be different if you said "cancelled today". Many people do keep the boxes and are able to remove the filters and get free cable which is what they are trying to avoid, but there are definitely better ways to go about it than rude, unexpected visits.
    Blog. Open an account with Tangerine (formerly ING-Direct) using my Orange Key (40643422S1), deposit $100 and we both get $50! Offer is available until December 31st. Check here for more details.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I live in an apartment building and Eastlink comes to my door about once every two months asking me to get their service. I have called and complained several times to both Eastlink and CapREIT (the company that owns my building) and yet they still come. One time I even caught the sales person in a lie when comparing their service to BellAliant's (as I work for BellAliant engineering) and it ended up in an argument. Not a fan at all. Plus BellAliant has one of the most advanced networks in the world, and was the first to offer fibre to the home in Canada. Definitely an awesome product and worth every penny!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    258 (100%)

Oh wow! The same thing happened to us!! We had Eastlink until recently...we switched to Aliant for a better rate. Then, we had a guy show up at our door, no uniform, refused to show me ID and asked for the modem box. I had been told to return it to the store and get a receipt proving we had returned it, so I said we would it take it back ourselves. The guy was EXACTLY the same..very rude. We don't live in a great part of town, and the guy was like you people are all the same..don't you realize it won't work..you can't sell it. Very annoying! We returned it that afternoon to an Eastlink store. Then they started calling my cell phone asking us to return the box!!! I ended up FAXING them a copy of the reciept saying we returned the box...I am not an Eastlink fan.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Please be sure to get a receipt showing all materials box/remotes had been returned ... I had another company send the account to collections & try to charge me $1100 2 months after I returned all items ...luckily I held on to my receipt !!!! Always be sure to ask the reps name/Id#, note the time & date & call customer service immediately after such incidents ... these people have no rights to be pushy or ignorant !!!!

I live in a mobile park & 2 Eastlink reps were going door to door ... They were extremely pushy about knowing what TV's & computers were in the home ... one guy stuck his foot in the door so my mother couldn't close it & insisted on entering the home ... after a slight struggle (which if you knew my mom ... you would know) she won We immediately called customer service & they reported NO reps in the area & called the RCMP themselves & reported the incident ... requested an officer to investigate the said "reps" that had such rude behaviours. The RCMP did show up & found the "reps" who claimed they were contracted by a company for Eastlink & was asked to leave the neighbourhood.

I think Eastlink needs to do more training with their sales reps on manners !!!!

Good luck & You did the right thing by NOT returning the hardware to the rep !!!!

Thread Information