User Tag List

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree338Likes

Thread: The "Other Money": What's in YOUR Wallet? *Closed - Use 2013 Thread*

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    152 (100%)

great thread.

I try and do most of the things you have mentioned.
    I have also learned that couponing alone will not get you very far.
    I really like to combine my coupons with special points events to get the better deal.

An example is to use your fpc at sobeys when the product has bonus points, their system gives you the points even though you paid with a coupon. I try and redeem at the 30 dollar level at Sobeys, that is the point where you are getting the best bang for your buck. I like to try and accumulate $30 of bonus points and then redeem for $30. So in effect you are shopping like the extreme shoppers in the states. By the way this doesn't happen too often.

Sobeys was really good to me last year. I got 2 free Christmas trees and they paid for Christmas dinner. I do not shop there on a regular basis. I only shop when I have coupons and the products have bonus points.

Trading Score
    117 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ahazaras View Post
    great thread.

I really like to combine my coupons with special points events to get the better deal.

An example is to use your fpc at sobeys when the product has bonus points, their system gives you the points even though you paid with a coupon. I try and redeem at the 30 dollar level at Sobeys, that is the point where you are getting the best bang for your buck. I like to try and accumulate $30 of bonus points and then redeem for $30. So in effect you are shopping like the extreme shoppers in the states. By the way this doesn't happen too often.

Sobeys was really good to me last year. I got 2 free Christmas trees and they paid for Christmas dinner. I do not shop there on a regular basis. I only shop when I have coupons and the products have bonus points.

Thanks ahazaras. Since reading manzervite's brag (and others) re bonus points at Sobeys I've been combing over the flyer but sadly I haven't had anything to pair with the point deals, that and several were on items I don't use. I don't shop at Sobeys much either so my points accumulate very slowly. WTG on your Christmas tree and dinner savings a la Sobeys!
    Imy "Other Money". Join the fun:
    *Swagbucks!!- http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Savvy5

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    152 (100%)

thanks $avy$shopper.

Teachers Have Class
    Trading Score
    520 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ahazaras View Post
    great thread.

I agree, great thread!

I also benefit big time from the Sobeys points by combining the bonus points offers with FPCs and coupons. However, rather than redeeming the points for groceries in one transaction, I wait until I have a high value in points and then I cash them in for a Sobeys gift card. That way, I can use the gift card whenever I shop at Sobeys and I don't need to redeem in $5.00 increments. (I don't shop from Sobeys unless there are really great sales or bonus points offers because I find them too expensive.) Right now, I'm working my way through a $125.00 Sobeys gift card. I've used it for all of my Sobeys purchases during the past few weeks and I've already earned another $65.00 worth of Sobeys points . . . which, once I've finished with my current GC, I'll cash in my points for another Sobeys GC. I feel like I'm constantly getting FREE items from Sobeys!
    Lavender Lady likes this.

Trading Score
    92 (100%)

I tried holding on to my airmiles to get multiple giftcards, but things got a little tight and I ended up getting a bunch of gas gift certs, those with the kelloggs gas cards saved us a ton!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avrose
    Check out Tangerine with my Orange Key!! 40411099S1

Trading Score
    117 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lotsasavings View Post
    I agree, great thread!

I also benefit big time from the Sobeys points by combining the bonus points offers with FPCs and coupons. However, rather than redeeming the points for groceries in one transaction, I wait until I have a high value in points and then I cash them in for a Sobeys gift card. That way, I can use the gift card whenever I shop at Sobeys and I don't need to redeem in $5.00 increments. (I don't shop from Sobeys unless there are really great sales or bonus points offers because I find them too expensive.) Right now, I'm working my way through a $125.00 Sobeys gift card. I've used it for all of my Sobeys purchases during the past few weeks and I've already earned another $65.00 worth of Sobeys points . . . which, once I've finished with my current GC, I'll cash in my points for another Sobeys GC. I feel like I'm constantly getting FREE items from Sobeys!
    Amazing brag! I'm learning so much from everyone and clearly need to pay attention to Sobeys no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by avrose View Post
    I tried holding on to my airmiles to get multiple giftcards, but things got a little tight and I ended up getting a bunch of gas gift certs, those with the kelloggs gas cards saved us a ton!
    WTG on your gas savings! I'm 18 airmiles away from a redemption...will either get gas or metro.

I'm participating in focus group run by Metroline Research Group tomorrow. Will add to the main list but here's the website metroline.ca in case anyone wants to read up on it and join. There's no referral benefit.

It's based in Toronto but runs a few groups in GTA locations too. I've only qualified/been available for a few sessions but it's fun and pays well - $50-75 for most sessions 1-2 hours long.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

do your mir offers at stores that have a points program like sdm. especially when they have 20x points or free $10/$20 gc promo and you need an extra $5-$10 boost. the physician formula mirs are the best because you can buy multiple products on one receipt. wait until they go on sale for 40% off and each product will be $2-3 after the $9 rebates. buy $50 worth and that's getting 20x points or $10 gc almost free plus cheap makeup

if you have a superpoints account, you can make a quick $10 by signing up for a free netflix 30 day trial. cancel online before the 30 days are up and you won't be charged
    Enjoy chatting on forums or blogs? Get paid $0.05+ per post at Postloop!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

dont forget to sign into leancuisine.ca daily to get 10 pts..

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

great thread

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Great thread. If anyone is interested in joining Superpoints I have a special invite in my signature that will get the lucky SCer who uses it to get a BONUS 25 points upon signup. If you are the lucky one to use my invite please remember to verify your account via the e-mail that you will receive and complete your profile for more chances of daily points. HURRY, the invite is only good until Friday 10:30am!
    WHEN'S THE LAST TIME YOUR SEARCH ENGINE $$$ PAID YOU TO USE THEIR SERVICE? Start today by clicking this link and unsubscribe anytime but I don't know why you would...: http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/MoneyMentor

EBATES: http://www.ebates.ca/referrer?referr...dUHgf%2BNxE%3D

Trading Score
    117 (100%)

February was definitely "Mad Money" month! I'm happily surprised to have racked up $180 in extra money! Much of it has been used to supplement groceries and bills but I put some aside to enjoy a massage therapy treatment and will top it up to include a mani/pedi. March is already starting off right with $ I held off spending til this month, and I'll soon redeem for my grocery voucher from Metro.

I'll have more time this afternoon and tomorrow to update the list, thanks again to everyone for your submissions. Oh, that reminds me, gotta sign in to leancuisine.ca for my 10 pts!

Happy Thursday!

Trading Score
    117 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mimi- View Post
    do your mir offers at stores that have a points program like sdm. especially when they have 20x points or free $10/$20 gc promo and you need an extra $5-$10 boost. the physician formula mirs are the best because you can buy multiple products on one receipt. wait until they go on sale for 40% off and each product will be $2-3 after the $9 rebates. buy $50 worth and that's getting 20x points or $10 gc almost free plus cheap makeup

if you have a superpoints account, you can make a quick $10 by signing up for a free netflix 30 day trial. cancel online before the 30 days are up and you won't be charged
    Thanks for the info re physician's formula make up MIRs..I didn't realize you could do multiples on the receipt. Will see if there's anything I can use. MIRs on any bonus points day is a good tip in general, I try to do them as often as possible. I have superpoints, but I'm already signed up for free trial on netflix via Swagbucks. Nice offer though and a good bump to the points totals!

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer1463 View Post
    dont forget to sign into leancuisine.ca daily to get 10 pts..
    Good reminder! Off to do it right now!

Slim
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

working for the family business sure has its perks

airmiles - i earn a ton at rona, its where we get all our materials, can spend up to 30 to 40 grand there a year, gotta love those air miles deals they have, thats when i like to load up on drywall material or fence material (with the high winds we had this year alot of claims came in which means lots of airmiles for all those big jobs)

costco american express - just got back $300 for for less then half the year, by far the best rewards credit card i have used so far, i figure i can get over $1500 next year (fingers crossed)

pioneer bucks - i just drive the work truck and dont pay out of pocket for gas (woot woot), i drive a chevy express cargo van which is a pig on gas so i fill up 2 to 3 times a week, the total on my card now is $340, dont know what im gonna do with it but im sure i will find something. my dad has over $900

shoppers optimum card, my girlfriend has 65000 points which is $85 i think? gonna save them up and go crazy on toilet paper and stuff when they have the redemption day.
    Make money just for "liking" on facebook:
    http://www.likenet.ca?ref=504289529

superpoints

Trading Score
    117 (100%)

Great job Justin! (no pun intended, though funny all the same ) ?You've certainly reaped the rewards of your work! Loved your free spree plan for SDM...have fun!!!!! I'm heading there this weekend for bonus redemption...lots of grocery/staple items on my list but have room for a few treats.
    When I launch my home business, I look forward to reaping some benefits like yours too. If all goes well, I'll need to buy a GPS and I'd prefer to get it free or almost free using some loyalty program or "other money" cash.

Trading Score
    117 (100%)

Thanks again to everyone who has submitted tip/resources for more "other money"!!! I have updated the list on post #2 but will backtrack to ensure I didn't miss anything. Keep 'em coming!

In the last week, I ordered my $20 Metro Grocery voucher and earned enough Swagbucks for another $5 Paypal. I'm saving it though...will earn more points and redeem for a higher level of cash.

I also have some FPCs expiring before month's end so we'll treat ourselves to Bistro Sliders (hubby treat), Snac Pack pudding (dd's treat), Amooza twists (my treat) and Orange juice! Gotta love those FPCs.

At Sobey's, I earned bonus points using FPCs for Twistos..they taste great...highly addictive on their own.

FYI, if you haven't done it already, there's a one-time 20pt bonus offer on Leancuisine.ca - look under the "How do I earn points" section and there's a "Share this with a friend" promo.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information