User Tag List

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I have a DS who is five. He's gone to daycare since the day after his first birthday, got sick a lot that first year, but then developed a decent immune system. I don't really fear all those bugs; while I don't want my child to feel ill, everything he gets, he doesn't get that version of it again.

He really hadn't been seriously sick, not enough to miss school or daycare, in about a year. He missed a day of school about six weeks ago, and then this past Tuesday we kept him home due to fever and a cough.

The poor guy was home all week! He woke up each morning just burning up with fever, not eating as usual, was stuffy and coughing a bit. Advil liquid brought the fever down, but as soon as that started to wear off, he'd be hot again. I took him to the doc on Thursday, lungs and ears were clear, just a nasty virus.

Last night DH and I were going to Costco, he stayed home with my Mom, but wanted us to bring him home an ice cream. We brought it, but he'd fallen asleep on the sofa - this is a kid who hasn't had a nap since he was two, NEVER falls asleep like that in the evening. Brought him up to his bed, he threw up before going to sleep.

Fever was gone today (Saturday), but he's still not quite himself, not eating much, but is on the mend. I've heard from other parents that there's some bad viruses making the rounds, some are barfing, some are just high fevers.
    This thread is currently associated with: Costco

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Ugh... Stressful times for you!

When DS #1 started daycare at 9 months old, he seemed to get everything. Lots of fevers, throwing, up, etc. It was a very stressful return to work. One of his throwing up sicknesses lasted a week.

Love that Advil. Hope things get better soon!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

ugh.... i hate the flu..... i would rather they be coughing , fever, even diarrhea..... just not puking....... Mine have been sick on and off since boxing day.... I swear i think theyre finally on the mend and then they get another bug.... Im blaming it on the weather. One day it snows, the next rain, the next a high of 12. the germs just dont have time to freeze.... they just keep multiplying.....
    join my superpoints network and get gifts card for amazon , or paypal, or rewards.
    http://superpoints.com/refer/skid13_mm
    http://www.surveysavvy.com/?m=4263495

Trading Score
    239 (100%)

Zonny, we live in HRM too, and our son keeps getting sick ever since we moved here... Last week, we all got a nasty stomach virus! I didn't get it as bad, but booger already had a nasty cough to begin with so he was not himself for over a week! DH also got it, he was in bed all of Wednesday, literally...plus he was on leave from work, which kinda sucks cause it's not really holidays when you're sick (he just found out he could have went to sick bay on ship and gotten sick leave and a few holiday days back, but it's too late now...)

Anyway, took our son to the walk-in because he wasn't eating, he's been sleeping non-stop (he hasn't napped since October, and he was falling asleep on the couch), and he would puke up anything we would get in him. We were giving him some meal replacement shakes because we wanted to keep him hydrated and at least give him something, still would puke it up. Dr said his chest was clear, and all was fine just give him lots of rest and it will clear up. Took him to our family Dr because I had a gut feeling something was wrong...she prescribed him a puffer because his cough was so bad he was wheezing when it finally stopped. Well, he's getting better now, still coughing a bit.

He is very prone to getting croup, he gets it every 2-3 months (year round). Doc said it's nothing unusual and I shouldn't worry... Ugh, I hate when they say that cause he has to go to daycare!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Sorry to hear your DS has been ill too nadiabreckon.

That was about as sick as my DS has ever been; he missed four days of school and it was probably a week after that before he was back to 100% with eating and sleeping normally (he was tired and we put him to bed early, and had to convince him to have extra snacks when he normally eats like a teenager). He's still got a cough though, and that was a couple of weeks ago.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sorry to hear your DS has been ill too nadiabreckon.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sounds like what I've been fighting for 2 weeks now! I too went to the doctor and was told it's just a nasty virus. Another mom had told me she had the same thing that lasted about 3 weeks for her. Some how though through all this my 3 girls and my husband never caught it.
    ...it's not fun.
    Earn Gift Cards With Me Click the link below
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/erin9mmm

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I am in the HRM as well,and although I don't have kids I am getting sick really frequently this winter. Two weeks ago my Mom, me and my fiancé all had a bad stomach bug. Now me and my fiancé (as well as my co-worker) are all tapped out with an insane head cold. I slept about 20 hours yesterday if that says anything. I feel like the bugs are really bad this year because generally I have one winter cold and one summer one but I am already past that.
    Blog. Open an account with Tangerine (formerly ING-Direct) using my Orange Key (40643422S1), deposit $100 and we both get $50! Offer is available until December 31st. Check here for more details.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

My youngest ds has been barfing since 7 pm last night nasty
    New mom October 2014!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    78 (100%)

my 5 year old has been in daycare since 12 months but just started kindergarden this past september. both my boys were usually very healthy but this winter it has been one thing after another especially for the 5 year old. in september he had bronchitus, in november he had pneumonia, right now he has a nasty chest cold that had him gasping for breath a few mornings ago and in the last 6 weeks he has had 3 stomache bugs his 3 year old brother had bronchitus in november and a few colds since but nothing too bad. i feel like every other week im calling the school to say my 5 year old wont be coming. i think our crazy winter has something to do with it.

Thread Information