User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: IGA logo

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

I hesitate to post this because it’s been a long time and I figure no one probably cares anymore... but I did say that I would post when I spoke with the owner and I try to be a person of my word

You may recall there was some ‘discussion’ back in December re: the IGA logo that was on that printable FPC for a box of Betty Crocker Gluten free cake mix. Some people felt strongly that the logo on the FPC was for IGA out west, and was not the same logo that we have here in Quebec, so the coupon was not meant to be used in here.

Original thread here: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/260896-...ix-fpc-canada/

I finally had a chance to meet the big owner of my IGA today (we have clashing schedules, hence the delay) and show him the coupon. and asked if that was the logo for his store. He looked at it closely and said, Yes.” I then asked, "Are you sure? Because some people think it is only the logo for IGA out west.” His reply: “All the IGAs have the same logo.”

So, I hope this settles the matter and that by posting this, in the future it helps prevent the same kind of innuendos that were made by individuals that anyone who used the FPC was dishonest and trying to scam IGA here in Quebec.

Thanks for reading.

Silk
    This thread is currently associated with: Cake Beauty, IGA
    Have a great life!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Thanks for clearing this up.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Marketplace is definitely BC and different logo, but the red IGA logo is the same.

I couldn't find the product back then so I never bothered to ask. Thanks for the post.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    135 (100%)

OK, I didn't get nearly as detailed in my "investigation" of this issue as a lot of you did, so with that in mind, I still see a difference between the IGA logo we have here (no red background) and the one from out west? The letters may be the same, but the rest is not...? And also, wasn't one of the issues that we just don't HAVE IGA Marketplace here only IGA?

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

The logo was a non-issue made an issue, but if I remember well, someone DID call head office and asked and was told the coupon was NOT valid in Quebec.

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/4223515-post12.html

I just got off the phone with a lady from Sobey's HO, she said if it says Marketplace, the coupon is not meant for Quebec and said this product wasn't available here yet. (I could be going nutz but I thought I had seen a similar box at Metro )
    Last edited by Arielmac; Wed, Mar 7th, 2012 at 11:24 PM.

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

For what it's worth, I never made an issue about the logo, but I contacted Sobey's both by phone and then confirmed AGAIN by email... that coupon was NOT valid here in QC. No innuendos here, just the facts I got from the horse's mouth

Friends don't let friends trade at max value

MY WISHLIST
    RRLF 2014 -> RENEE'S !!! Lactantia butter, Marc Angelo, Casa di Mama

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tbites View Post
    For what it's worth, I never made an issue about the logo, but I contacted Sobey's both by phone and then confirmed AGAIN by email... that coupon was NOT valid here in QC. No innuendos here, just the facts I got from the horse's mouth

I think that this seems to be the "official" word on the subject since it is from Sobey's head office. Most IGA's here are family owned so you may get different replies from each store you got to. For a box of cake mix, not worth all the trouble. A manager may o.k. it and then find out he/she was mistaken when they go to redeem it with the parent company they are refused which in turn will make us the bad guys again.

Solution, make your cakes from scratch

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    Solution, make your cakes from scratch
    I would like to redeem my coupons for 3 cakes Patty I would like 3 diff flavor but all with chocolate icing

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Jezzeebelle View Post
    I would like to redeem my coupons for 3 cakes Patty I would like 3 diff flavor but all with chocolate icing

I swear you say the word cake and POOF they come out of the woodwork

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    I swear you say the word cake and POOF they come out of the woodwork
    I couldn't help myself

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Patty, I would like mine with coloured sprinkles, vanilla ccake and chocolate icing please.

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

I will take mine with a naked Clive Owen coming out of it... Don't really care about the cake flavor, that is not what I plan to eat...

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielmac View Post
    I will take mine with a naked Clive Owen coming out of it... Don't really care about the cake flavor, that is not what I plan to eat...
    ......can I change my order to a fire engine cake w/ a handsom fireman with cocolate icing

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Jezzeebelle View Post
    ......can I change my order to a fire engine cake w/ a handsom fireman with cocolate icing

I'll have what she's having!!!

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

You’re welcome, frankienitka and slayer girl

I do think some of the issues raised in this thread were address in the original thread, which I posted the link to. As far the innuendos - if you re-read the original thread, I think it’s pretty clear (imo, they were more than innuendos – I was just trying to be tactful )

Quote Originally Posted by MiaowTheCat View Post
    OK, I didn't get nearly as detailed in my "investigation" of this issue as a lot of you did, so with that in mind, I still see a difference between the IGA logo we have here (no red background) and the one from out west? The letters may be the same, but the rest is not...? And also, wasn't one of the issues that we just don't HAVE IGA Marketplace here only IGA?
    I’ll try to answer...

There are 2 logos on the FPC (at least the one I printed out - I have it in front of me now), one for Marketplace IGA and one for (just) IGA. This would indicate that the FPC was good at both those banner retail stores.

Do you mean because the IGA logo on the coupon is white instead of the usual red? (I printed in b&w, so background looks black to me, but it sound like you printed in color and got a red background.) I think this was done to make the IGA logo stand out. Since most people would print on white paper, they put the logo in white against a darker background so it would stand out. If you look at the IGA flyer (at least this week’s and last week’s) you’ll see the logo is in white against a red background. Hope that answers your questions. If not, maybe someone else can give it a try

Quote Originally Posted by Tbites View Post
    Tbites, I’m only talking about the logo in the context of those who concluded the FPC was not valid in Quebec because that was not ‘our’ IGA logo I don’t remember but isn’t that why people questioned the validity of the coupon for use in Quebec in the first place?

For anyone who’s interested, you can see all the Sobeys logos, including all (both) the IGA logos here:

http://www.sobeyscorporate.com/en/Ou...-A-glance.aspx

Fwiw, according to their site, Sobeys does maintain a separate IGA Operations. Personally, I think it was a case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand was doing.

Silk
    Have a great life!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information