User Tag List

Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Someone stole ALL the papers from our complex except three ... No Canadian Tire flyers AT ALL. So pissed ... I only wanted ONE freakin' card ... same thing happened at Christmas.

I guess I should be happy I at least got 2 SmartSource inserts.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    652 (100%)

9144 upc???

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

yay I got 5 25.00 and 2 10.00 ones plus a bunch of 5.00 FREE amunition and targets !!!!

Banned
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

How to check the code without screeching? I tried looking into the code by placing the card next to lamp didn't worked?

Any other tips!!!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Congrats to everyone who scored during their dumpster / recycle bin walks.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by appleb View Post
    I posted this on another forum but I'm certain it will be useful here too.

So the numbers appear to be:

00198 05244 = $5
    00198 05252 = $10
    00198 05156 = $25
    00198 05164 = $50 (?)
    00198 05172 = $100
    Quote Originally Posted by dita View Post
    where are you looking for these codes
    at the bottom of mine says DE310 anyone know what this is?
    The above post might help you.

DE310 is on all cards, so its just some random number.
    Last edited by tjthemanto; Fri, Mar 2nd, 2012 at 04:14 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by appleb View Post
    I posted this on another forum but I'm certain it will be useful here too.

So the numbers appear to be:

00198 05244 = $5
    00198 05252 = $10
    00198 05156 = $25
    00198 05164 = $50 (?)
    00198 05172 = $100
    Quote Originally Posted by leymi15 View Post
    9144 upc???
    Its probably 5244 upc so maybe 5 bucks.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by EricsMom View Post
    Someone stole ALL the papers from our complex except three ... No Canadian Tire flyers AT ALL. So pissed ... I only wanted ONE freakin' card ... same thing happened at Christmas.

I guess I should be happy I at least got 2 SmartSource inserts.
    Luckily I managed to get my 1 card , if I hadn't got it ..i was planning to scratch myself in front of the cashier

I am sure the cashier would have given me a discount just to make me stop

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

if you cant see with a flashlight and dont want to use tape just see at the bottom of the barcode that you can see a shadow of it and give it a lil scratch right at the last 3 numbers to see it . then it just looks like it was bumped or scratched unintentionally

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

You should be able to get a scratch card from the Customer Service Desk.
    I got one last time, but every store is different.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lovetoken View Post
    yay I got 5 25.00 and 2 10.00 ones plus a bunch of 5.00 FREE amunition and targets !!!!
    Is it just me or did this statement scare the willies out of anyone else???

As for me, I am just giving the card to Chris and he is going to pick up one thing. We know the card is going to be the $5 one, not even doing the tape trick or nothing... What we need will be over $5 anyways. If it's more, I am sure he will be allowed to go and get more stuff!

Which brings me to the "No purchase necessary" on the scratch card. Just how does one get $5, $10, $25 or $50 off their purchase if they do not buy anything??? I know they probably have to legally put that on there, but has anyone figured out a way to pull this off?

Also another poster posted about "Coupon must accompany purchase and the purchase amount must exceed the coupon value before taxes". I read that too and if you literally interpret this, it would mean that anyone using this card HAD to buy at least $100 worth of merchandise before going to the cashier... Just in case your card was worth the $100 off.

Now we all know better then that. What is more likely to happen is this, you basically have to spend more then $5 if you are using the card. So you get the $5 worth of stuff and head to the checkout. If the card is worth more then $5, you will more then likely be allowed to go back and get more to bring the total up to over the amount on your scratch card.

I know the last time they did the promotion, I think it was Lindor chocolates minimum, then the $5 off. When Chris went in, he just went to the Self Serve Cashier and asked her to scratch his ticket. She said she would but if he won the $5, he would have to go buy at least $5 worth of stuff. Chris said "No problemo" and she scratched it off and handed him his chocolates!

So I guess you could probably just get the card scratched before you shop and then you know how much you are getting off, if the cashier will do that for you. Otherwise, I would think they would let you go buy more stuff to top it up. IMO, doing it before you shop is the better way instead of a girl ringing in all your stuff, then finding out you need more, and she then has to void it all out again.

Guess we will start getting the reports tomorrow of how stores are handling the coupons.

Maybe Chris will ask the store how he wins without a purchase, then watch the glaze go over the cashiers eyes.....

To all those with more then one card, good luck in your "battles" with Management tomorrow! We only have one card, but that is all we need anyways!
    Missing my Best Friend since 1971. RIP Lynda (1947-2012)

Have Questions About Internet Marketing? ASK ME!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by theweaves_dad View Post
    Is it just me or did this statement scare the willies out of anyone else???

As for me, I am just giving the card to Chris and he is going to pick up one thing. We know the card is going to be the $5 one, not even doing the tape trick or nothing... What we need will be over $5 anyways. If it's more, I am sure he will be allowed to go and get more stuff!

Which brings me to the "No purchase necessary" on the scratch card. Just how does one get $5, $10, $25 or $50 off their purchase if they do not buy anything??? I know they probably have to legally put that on there, but has anyone figured out a way to pull this off?

Also another poster posted about "Coupon must accompany purchase and the purchase amount must exceed the coupon value before taxes". I read that too and if you literally interpret this, it would mean that anyone using this card HAD to buy at least $100 worth of merchandise before going to the cashier... Just in case your card was worth the $100 off.

Now we all know better then that. What is more likely to happen is this, you basically have to spend more then $5 if you are using the card. So you get the $5 worth of stuff and head to the checkout. If the card is worth more then $5, you will more then likely be allowed to go back and get more to bring the total up to over the amount on your scratch card.

I know the last time they did the promotion, I think it was Lindor chocolates minimum, then the $5 off. When Chris went in, he just went to the Self Serve Cashier and asked her to scratch his ticket. She said she would but if he won the $5, he would have to go buy at least $5 worth of stuff. Chris said "No problemo" and she scratched it off and handed him his chocolates!

So I guess you could probably just get the card scratched before you shop and then you know how much you are getting off, if the cashier will do that for you. Otherwise, I would think they would let you go buy more stuff to top it up. IMO, doing it before you shop is the better way instead of a girl ringing in all your stuff, then finding out you need more, and she then has to void it all out again.

Guess we will start getting the reports tomorrow of how stores are handling the coupons.

Maybe Chris will ask the store how he wins without a purchase, then watch the glaze go over the cashiers eyes.....

To all those with more then one card, good luck in your "battles" with Management tomorrow! We only have one card, but that is all we need anyways!
    Maybe someone who doesn't purchase anything could ask Canadian Tire cashier to give them what it says on the scratch card for example $5 in cash since the card says no purchase necessary.It would be funny to see the people working in CT's reaction to that.
    Last edited by Poirot; Fri, Mar 2nd, 2012 at 06:25 PM.

Trading Score
    111 (100%)

when it's write no purchase necessary, they mean that you don't have to buy anything to get your stratch card.. the card is free.. this is what my CT told me..

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

All I can say is that I excited to go and use the coupon, no matter the amount. I want to get the big tool kit that is on sale for $50. I am tired of having to borrow tools all of the time!

And I am both happy for those who got the $50 and the $100, and crying because I know that my chances just decreased exponentially!

iluvfreestuff
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I got 8 $5 and 1 $100

Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information