User Tag List

Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
    Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

My dad has never had a problem at Canadian Tire. They've done great work for him for many years and he takes it back all the time for tire rotations and other work. Oil change he does himself at home. My friend's dad however has had trouble there. I think it just depends on the one you go to.

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    Why are you doing it at CT ?

Crappy Tire's is the worst when it comes to doing auto repairs. They will do unnecessary repairs and rip you off big time. Their work is substandard and overpriced. We don't even go there for an oil change

Ask you co workers or friends for a good , honest and trusted independent mechanic in your area, they are usually much better and cheaper than CT.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

a little bit of tape to take off just enough under the right side of the barcode without scratching it right of worked for me

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Folks...Let's not hijack the thread with a CTC auto centre discussion. When it come to licensed auto mechanics it's all about the individual mechanic and not who they work for. CTC bill's according to a service book which is based on predetermined unit costs for various repairs. You could pay a lot for something that does require much time. I know I used to work there.

Cheers to all and have a great scratch card Saturday!

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

Thank you for the post Happy shopping!

Quote Originally Posted by pink_panda View Post
    ohh so 5172 is $100...

i guess the forum from where i read, must have missed the extra zero and thought it was $10 hahahaha

so that's good.

now we know most of the codes:

$5 = 5244
    $10 = 5252
    $25 = 5156
    $50 = ????
    $100 = 5172

good job everyone!!

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Just to add here since I've received PMs trying to tell me not to use CT for my auto repairs.

I appreciate the concern, but everyone has different experiences. I have used them for years & I learned a hard lesson by using mechanics co-workers recommended because CT will be fixing something that I already had done at another mechanic that cost me over $400!

CT offers and stands by their warranties, and I trust the work they do. When I take my vehicle in, I already suspect what the issue is because I know quite a bit about cars, I just can't do auto repairs at my home because it's banned by the property corp. Besides, the latest work I am having done is major, and something I can't do on my own even if I wanted to.

Back to what this post was meant for.......

Can anyone that has their scratch card please tell me if it says anything about auto repairs being exempt from use of the scratch card?

I don't anticipate my flyers showing up tonight since it's cold & snowing, so hopefully tomorrow.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    14 (100%)

I put my card up in a very sunny window and tried lots of angles and was able to see the $5.00 barcode numbers quite easily

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Ran outside and got my paper....no scratch card...the flyer is here but no card!! What I am going to do??? This was going to be my first scratch card event
    New mom October 2014!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by KrazE View Post
    Can anyone that has their scratch card please tell me if it says anything about auto repairs being exempt from use of the scratch card?
    Does not exclude auto repairs so I guess anything goes.

Trading Score
    38 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by i_love_coupons View Post
    I put my card up in a very sunny window and tried lots of angles and was able to see the $5.00 barcode numbers quite easily
    Thank you so much it worked !!!! I got $5 barcode too....
    Free Amazon Gift Cards ,Paypal and Prizes
    Spins & Wins I Earned $5000.00 ++
    Canadian online shopping website that pays you Cash Back Rebates

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

29 scratch cards found in the recycle bin and all 29 are $5.00

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I did blue bin diving the last day of the last promo weekend (with the store closing in just a few hours!) - I had 16 $5 cards & 4 $20 cards.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    My dad has never had a problem at Canadian Tire. They've done great work for him for many years and he takes it back all the time for tire rotations and other work. Oil change he does himself at home. My friend's dad however has had trouble there. I think it just depends on the one you go to.
    several years ago I took my Astro Van to the Crappy Tire in Lindsay for an emissions test and they claimed I would not pass the emissions test without some major work - that was over $900. I went to my trusty neighbourhood mechanic who directed me to a another place that would do about $20 worth of souldering to fix the problem. Passed the emissions test and will NEVER return to Crappy Tire again. This happened a few years after another emergency incident with a Scarborough Crappy Tire and a likely unneeded battery when the alternator needed replacement. Now, no matter what the cost and distance, I get my vehicles towed to my trusy mechanic. Glad to hear some other folks had good experiences.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

anyone know what a XXX8 could be?

Trading Score
    53 (100%)

thanks!!!!!!

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Im trying not to get my hopes up but I got 2x 5172, 3x 5164 and 3x 5244. I scratched one of the 5244 to see where the dollar amout was, I tried the tape on a 5164 but you will notice the $ ink is lighter then the barcode ink so not as easy to see when held up to the light. I know in the past there have been a couple different barcodes for the $5 ones so Im keeping my fingers crossed my 2x 5172's are $100. Still wondering what the 5164 ones are.

Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information