User Tag List

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree225Likes

Thread: Do you want to check the status of your Income Tax Refund ?

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Do check in your area if a firm or speakers at your community centre or library branch are offering free tax talks about planning for 2017 taxes. Never know what you can learn! Also, you may wish to find out where low-income tax clinics for free or reduced rates are offered-they usually get booked quickly so prepare ahead of time (for yourself or someone you know who needs the service).
    barbis9 and jasperandchar like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Saw the forms at Lawtons for the past week. I use StudioTax though.
    barbis9, Ciel and jasperandchar like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

My Shoppers had the English and French guidebooks and forms and the envelopes-displays were on the floor at one end of the postal counter yesterday. I'm sure that the boxes will have to come up on the counter after Valentine's Day if wet footprints on the floor do not motivate a change.
    barbis9 and jasperandchar like this.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Just finished filing our taxes and now I can check our status via phone thanks to you.
    barbis9, Ciel and jasperandchar like this.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

i filed and cra websites March 2

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

I just used ufile for free to do my taxes and clicked within the return to submit it to CRA, and got a msg saying thank you we have received your return. literally 1 min later I went to my online account and it already said assessed with a date of march 6th, return just under $1000. Hope no issues pop up lol.
    Tweets77, Ciel, macw1960 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cabmonk View Post
    I just used ufile for free to do my taxes and clicked within the return to submit it to CRA, and got a msg saying thank you we have received your return. literally 1 min later I went to my online account and it already said assessed with a date of march 6th, return just under $1000. Hope no issues pop up lol.
    Wow that was fast (lol)
    cabmonk, Ciel and macw1960 like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I dropped off our income tax paper work at the accountants this afternoon (our taxes are too complicated & I like the piece of mind of the accountant having to deal with any questions).

So now I wait for them to call probably in a week or so and they'll be done.
    cabmonk, Ciel and macw1960 like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

I have a pretty simple return but I try to add anything on I can like transportation and rent etc. I have found usually it says received for a day at least before changing to assessed lol, this time it was almost instant.
    Ciel, macw1960 and jasperandchar like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

If you know where that $1000 is from (say source deductions for taxes or RPP or similar), I'd suggest you look at your TD-1 form at work to check which personal deductions apply to you for 2017 because why overpay and give government money for a year and then get it back? Better to have the money in hand during the year. If the refund is due to some variable change (say the amount put into an RRSP), try to anticipate if you'll be doing the same for 2017.
    cabmonk and macw1960 like this.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Almost $700 of it was the working income tax benefit. Meant for low income earners, it's a refundable tax credit.
    Last edited by cabmonk; Tue, Feb 28th, 2017 at 09:40 PM.
    Ciel and macw1960 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

This year they have changed stuff. Its immediately showing ASSESSED after filing online.

Basically the FUTURE Assessed date its showing is also the date when your Refund will be Directly Deposited.

So check your bank account tomorrow Monday night i.e March 6 night and your refund will be there.

Or early Tuesday morning as some banks take time to reconcile their books and process the Direct deposit.

If you don't have DD then Assessed is the date the refund cheque will be mailed out.
    Last edited by tjthemanto; Sun, Mar 5th, 2017 at 11:46 AM.
    cabmonk, macw1960 and dededi like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

They have changed stuff this year.

When you NETFILE online it immediately shows as ASSESSED with a FUTURE date which is 9-10 days away.

That date is also the day when you will get your Direct Deposit late at night or early morning the day after depending on the bank. Some banks process it faster, some take 10-15 hrs more.

If you don't have Direct Deposit then that Future Assessed date its showing is the date the refund check will be mailed out.

I believe DD is mandatory now and check is no longer mailed out.
    macw1960, dededi and Davetherave like this.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Thanks @tjthemanto One thing that makes me wonder though. When I click on statement of account it says: acc-008 - The information you have requested about your account is not currently available online. When I look online that error message means Transaction date is entered but no corresponding transaction amount is reported..I hope that really doesn't mean much and my refund will be available in the next couple days.
    macw1960 and dededi like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Thanks @tjthemanto One thing that makes me wonder though. When I click on statement of account it says: acc-008 - The information you have requested about your account is not currently available online. When I look online that error message means Transaction date is entered but no corresponding transaction amount is reported..I hope that really doesn't mean much and my refund will be available in the next couple days.
    http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tfsa-errorcodes/

Might be a glitch in the system. I think that error code is only related to TFSA.

So if you have not done any TFSA last year or over contributed in your TFSA and exceeded the contribution limit you don't have much to worry about.

Anyways call them on Tuesday if you don't get the refund by Monday mid night. They are quite helpful and professional.

There might be a wait time of almost half an hour sometimes to get hold of an agent due to busy tax season.
    cabmonk and macw1960 like this.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread Information