User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By tammytee

Thread: Hoping for small town savings!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi everybody!! I came to SmartCanucks because if a recommendation from a friend. And boy am I glad I did!! But to be honest, it sure is confusing to us newbies !! I'm hoping that I will be able to figure things out soon as I need to save more money quickly so I can pay for my wedding in June!! And being from a small town in central Alberta doesn't give me a lot of options to find great coupons or deals.

Thanks for having me and I can't wait for the saving to begin (as soon as I figure out how to do it LOL)!!!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Expert in My Town :) thriftymom75's Avatar
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Hey saving in a small town can be done you'll get the hang of the site... Before you know it you'll have your very own little stockpile too lol

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Welcome! I found this site quite confusing at first, but I am starting to get the hang of it! Good luck!
    Superpoints is back again! Sign up and earn points and cash in for great rewards!
    https://www.superpoints.com/join/7Np...0a_1VnDfDcJDq8 Thank you for using my referral link!

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Welcome to the board!
    FREE PayPal $$ and Amazon Gift Cards!
    https://www.swagbucks.com/profile/tommygunn

Easy way to get Amazon Gift Cards, PayPal $$, and much more! Join MyPoints!
    https://www.mypoints.com?rb=31269562

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks everybody!!

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

I was just through Edson the other day. Its not too little. I was thinking when you said little of the little towns that are around 3-5 thousand people. With seriously no good stores to shop at. But I saw a Wally and a Canadian Tire there. Those are great places to save. Not sure if you have a RCSS but if you do its a good place to find those pink stickers at. Maybe you even have a No Frills. Giddy-up.They always have selected great deals.
    It does take a bit but SC is easy to navigate once you spend a little time here. Welcome to SC!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/PinkSapphire. Click to get FREE Giftcards just for searching the web. It is so easy.

Trading Score
    63 (100%)

Welcome!
    Join Swagbucks to start earning Amazon gift cards & Paypal $$$!
    Join Swagbucks!

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

LOL - I am from small town MB - less than 1500 people and I have saved a ton with help from everyone here - this is a great site and you will learn so much! Congrats on joining!
    Superpoints is back! Click the link to give it a whirl!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    INSTAGC:
    Join InstaGC! Just like SB with search, offer walls, surveys and even music Many GC to choose from and payouts are instant!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Welcome to the board!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Welcome OP.
    Congrats on the upcoming wedding.
    Use the Coupons tab at the top of the page

They go regularly to Save.ca,Brandsaver.ca, Brandsampler.ca, Livemadedelicious.ca Gocoupons.ca, Websaver.ca, Smartsource.ca, RedPlum.ca (summer 2012), Superbucks, Swagbucks, Leancuisine.ca., Shoppers Voice online, Ipsos Reid surveys.

And it doesn't matter if you are in a small town.

Trading Score
    26 (96%)

Small town savings can be done. I live in a town were this is only a Co-op basically and a drugstore, but I collect my coupons, make my lists and hit the city which is about an hour drive. I do this atleast 2 times a month, and try and do it during the week when there are still some good deals on the shelves. It can be done but it is just a bit harder that all
    vltrudel likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by coley3 View Post
    I was just through Edson the other day. Its not too little. I was thinking when you said little of the little towns that are around 3-5 thousand people. With seriously no good stores to shop at. But I saw a Wally and a Canadian Tire there. Those are great places to save. Not sure if you have a RCSS but if you do its a good place to find those pink stickers at. Maybe you even have a No Frills. Giddy-up.They always have selected great deals.
    It does take a bit but SC is easy to navigate once you spend a little time here. Welcome to SC!
    You were maybe through Hinton, they have a Canadian Tire but not us, unfortunately. I only have a Shopper's Drug Mart, Walmart, Extra Foods and now a Sobey's. That's it. But I am learning to watch for clearance items and am trying to start my own little stockpile. I just need to find some more people to trade with!!

Thread Information