User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: Line drying laundry

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have been hanging shirts on hangers and put the hangers on the libe recently. I have found that by doing this I am saving a lot of space on my line and have been able to put a lot more laundry out at once. I figure that when the weather gets nice that I will see if doing this outside works as well. I may have to use a few clothes pins as spacers between the hangers, but I fail to see how this wont work. Maybe even get trowser hangers for pants, or use clothes pins to hang pants off of the hangers.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'd love to hang clothes outside but I live on a corner lot that is not fenced and it's a high theft area. In my basement I do have 3 lines setup and 2 Ikea drying racks so I can usually hand 2 to 3 loads and I do all year round. In the winter the duct work dries the clothes fast and the wet clothes help put some moisture in my dry house. In the summer I run a large dehumidifer 24/7 in the basement so the clothes don't add any humidity to the house and still dry quite fast.

They do end up a little rough sometimes but not too bad as I use Nellie's Natural Laundry Powder and add vinegar when I can catch the rinse cycle. This summer I am actually going to take a part my old dryer (it's seen it's last working days) and donate it to the scrappers. I don't intend to dry clothes in a machine again as I love saving on hydro and the clothes last so much longer in my opinion. Soft towels are really all I miss.

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lindseyc View Post
    I'd love to hang clothes outside but I live on a corner lot that is not fenced and it's a high theft area. In my basement I do have 3 lines setup and 2 Ikea drying racks so I can usually hand 2 to 3 loads and I do all year round. In the winter the duct work dries the clothes fast and the wet clothes help put some moisture in my dry house. In the summer I run a large dehumidifer 24/7 in the basement so the clothes don't add any humidity to the house and still dry quite fast.

They do end up a little rough sometimes but not too bad as I use Nellie's Natural Laundry Powder and add vinegar when I can catch the rinse cycle. This summer I am actually going to take a part my old dryer (it's seen it's last working days) and donate it to the scrappers. I don't intend to dry clothes in a machine again as I love saving on hydro and the clothes last so much longer in my opinion. Soft towels are really all I miss.

My men have complained about the lack of 'soft towels' - I just tell them to get over it lol We do use our dryer in the winter months but it adds to the hydro costs for sure.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Yeah I was folding the towels from drying outside and they weren't that soft but tough lol They will live.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by momof5boys View Post
    My men have complained about the lack of 'soft towels' - I just tell them to get over it lol We do use our dryer in the winter months but it adds to the hydro costs for sure.
    I find they are really only rough until after the first use. I use mine 3 or 4 times before I wash them again, so I just suck it up!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread Information