User Tag List

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Jnazurk
  • 1 Post By JadeDragon

Thread: Stacking at SOF - how too??!!!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Wondering what exactly are the rules for stacking coupons at SOF. Do you have to tell the cashier when you go through that you want to stack - or do you just give them to her? Not sure why - but I am a little nervous about tying to stack.
    I have some tear pad coupons - that are different values for the same products and not manufacturer coupons that I would like to stack. Just want to make sure I do it right!
    This thread is currently associated with: Save on Foods

jnazurk
    Trading Score
    132 (100%)

I was nervous too. If you are going to do a major haul, it wouldn't hurt to stop by CS and give them a heads up. I've never done more than 40 coupons.

You can stack any coupon, as long as they are different coupons and they can't say the following-cannot be combined with any other offer and use of more than one coupon is prohibited (most p&g).

If you follow those rules, there aren't tons of stackable coupons out there. Some people don't follow those rules, but that's what is in their policy.

Every cashier is different. Some want the coupons first, some want them to match each product as it scans and some want them at the end. You will quickly learn which cashiers are coupon friendly. I'm going to hop over and try to find the policy for you.

jnazurk
    Trading Score
    132 (100%)

Our coupon acceptance practices are designed to help extend more savings to our
    customers while ensuring we continue to offer an exceptional customer service
    experience to everyone in our stores. We don’t limit the number of coupons redeemed per transaction necessarily, but rather, we focus on our responsibility to follow the directions clearly stated on those coupons.
    To receive your coupon discount please:
    • present your coupon at the time of purchase
    • ensure all conditions stated on the coupon are met (product to purchase, limits etc.)
    • ensure all product specifications are met (size, flavor, etc)
    • ensure your coupon is redeemed prior to the expiration date
    • if printed from the internet, your coupon is legible
    • ensure your coupon is not a photocopy
    • ensure your coupon is not issued by one of our competitors
    Store issued coupons:
    store coupons are distributed through flyers, email, in-store kiosks, social media and direct mail.
    • Our store system reinforces the conditions of every coupon we receive to ensure that
    specifications are met (including banner, date, product specifications, limits, combinations, etc).
    • Can be combined with manufacturer coupons
    • Only one store issued coupon can be redeemed per item (no stacking)
    Manufacturer issued coupons:
    • Can be combined with a store issued coupon
    • Must have a Canadian address; US coupons aren’t accepted
    • The total value of the coupons cannot exceed the value of the product
    • Multiple manufacturers’ coupons can be redeemed per item (stacking), only if each coupon comes from a different media source (e.g. manufacturer, newspaper, website, etc) and has a different code (or UPC)
    • Stacking isn’t allowed on ‘buy one, get one’ free (BOGO) products
    • Stacking isn’t allowed if the fine print says: Use of more than one manufacturer coupon per product is strictly prohibited or if wording states “cannot be combined with other offers”
    • Splitting coupons across multiple products is not allowed
    • All taxes are payable on the full value of the item, unless the coupon specifications state it’s for a ‘free’ taxable product
    • Deposits and fees are payable on applicable products regardless of the coupons’ discount
    • Manufacturer’s mail-in-rebates will be honored by the manufacturer not the store (and are not considered coupons)
    Guidelines for high volume coupon redeemers:
    • Please call ahead to ensure we have adequate team members available on our front end at the time you plan to shop so that we can accommodate your needs while providing great service to our other customers.
    • At checkout, please ensure that coupons are placed with each item to speed up the coupon validation and checkout process.
    • If you hope to purchase large quantities of individual items, please provide 2 – 3 days notice to your local store manager so we can properly manage inventory requirements
    • Please note that we reserve the right to limit quantities purchased based on inventory available for all customers.
    • Please note that we will not accept large quantities of multiple coupons during any special promotional days. For more information, please see your manager.
    • We reserve the right to amend the above mentioned practices at any time, in consideration of the best experience for our customers.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Wonderful .. thank you!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

So we can't use more than one tear pad even if the UPC codes are different?
    Zoombucks are back: Please consider using my link to sign up again: https://zoombucks.com/?ref=IIHO0L

jnazurk
    Trading Score
    132 (100%)

I've always gone by as long as the UPCs are different and there is no restrictive wording. That part about being from different sources, to me, is vague because two different tearpads are two different sources. I was confused by this too at first, but that's what my store told me.

Multiple manufacturers’ coupons can be redeemed per item (stacking), only if each coupon comes from a different media source (e.g. manufacturer, newspaper, website, etc) and has a different code (or UPC)
    momof3heathens likes this.

Trading Score
    34 (100%)

• Splitting coupons across multiple products is not allowed = why they don't accept $3 of coupon(s) against a $2.99 product. Ie no overage.

I've not had an issue with several tearpads or several inserts as long as they LOOK different. I had two insert UPCs that looked the same, just different dates & UPC, and that was a problem.
    hopesdreams likes this.
    Check out my InnovativePassiveIncome.com blog and learn about making money online. or see this collection of 4 best coupon organizing system videos.

Thread Information